(2 ratings submitted)
A goofy looking crane is hungry for some frogs, and chases after the Tijuana Toads for his "bite to eat".
- United Artists
- The last few scenes where the Toads pretend to drink nitro glycerine is taken from Friz Freleng's Sylvester short "Mouse Mazurka"
- Like the rest of this series, when it aired as a part of 1976's failed "Pink Panther Laugh-and-a-Half Hour-and-a-Half Show" for NBC, the cartoon was redubbed to remove the stereotypical Mexican accents. Actors Tom Holland and Don Diamond were brought back to redo their original voices as the rebranded Texas Toads with Larry Mann's original Crazy Legs tracks remaining. Series composer Doug Goodwin recorded new music cues for the shorts. There are no official accounts as to whether or not scenes had to be reanimated, but staff members like Art Leonardi have mentioned potential changes ordered to them by NBC. The Texas Toads audio can be heard on the 2016 DVD/Blu-ray release by Kino Lorber.
The DePatie Freleng Collection 1
The DePatie-Freleng Collection 1
- MPAA No.: 22313
- MPAA Rating: G
- Animation Type: Standard (Hand-drawn-Cel) Animation
- Cinematographic Format: Spherical
- Original Language: English
- Original Country: United States
Reviews and Comments
No comments posted. Be the first!
(You must be a logged-in user to submit comments!)
Click on thumbnail for full size image