(2 ratings submitted)
When Miss Hoover is sick with lime disease, a substitute is needed to take her place. Mr. Bergstrom is just that substitute and he develops a strong connection with Lisa. The more she connects with him, the more she questions Homer's role as her male role model. Things get even worse when Mr. Bergstrom finally has to leave to teach at another town. It's up to Homer to heal the wounds of her heartbroken daughter and combat his impact as a father.
- Fox (Original broadcast network)
- Twentieth Century Fox Television
- One of the tenants at Mr. Bergstrom's apartment is Jon Vitti, the credited writer on this episode.
- According to the DVD commentary, James L. Brooks was mostly responsible for the story of this episode and played a big role in the script. Due to the subject matter of the episode, none of the original writing staff wanted anything to do with this episode and Jon Vitti ended up being the writer chosen.
- The Simpsons (Season 2, Episode 19)
The Simpsons: The Complete Second Season
- Running Time: 22:58
- Production No.: 7F19
- Animation Type: Standard (Hand-drawn-Cel) Animation
- Aspect Ratio: 4 : 3 (Television)
- Color Type: Color
- Sound Type: Stereo
- Print Type: Video (NTSC)
- Negative Type: 35mm
- Original Language: English
- Original Country: United States
Reviews and Comments
No comments posted. Be the first!
(You must be a logged-in user to submit comments!)