- The referee in "Video Boxing" is Akbar and Jeff from Matt Groening's Life In Hell comic strip.
- One of the games in the arcade Homer visits is "Robert Goulet Destroyer". A sound bite of the game is heard of Goulet singing the 1968 song "I've Gotta Be Me" before exploding half-way through singing the title of the song.
- "Video Boxing", the boxing game Bart and Homer play is a reference to the 1987 NES game "Punch-Out!!', albeit more bloody and violent. In the commentary, writers Al Jean and Mike Reiss mention this was a satirical take on violence in video games imagining what would happen if the squeaky-clean Nintendo games were more grotesque (not knowing games like Midway's Mortal Kombat would release doing that unironically).
- Moaning Lisa Blues, sung by "Bleeding Gums" Murphy and Lisa, served as the basis for the December 1990 Geffen Records album, "The Simpsons Sing the Blues". Producer James L. Brooks was so enthusiastic over the song that he pitched the idea of a Simpsons blues record to Matt Groening.
- The Simpsons (Season 1, Episode 6)
The Best of the Simpsons: Volume 2
The Simpsons: The Complete First Season
- Animation Type: Standard (Hand-drawn-Cel) Animation
- Aspect Ratio: 4 : 3 (Television)
- Color Type: Color
- Sound Type: Stereo
- Print Type: Video (NTSC)
- Negative Type: 35mm
- Original Language: English
- Original Country: United States
Reviews and Comments
No comments posted. Be the first!
(You must be a logged-in user to submit comments!)