Jerry Beck on Stu's Show - 3/18/20 - Forum.
mellongraig93
2020-03-05T06:28:38Z
Well it's this time of year again where the King of All Things Cartoons makes his first visit this year! Here's the description and if all goes well, e-mails will be read this time to make up for the last time he was on:

"Jerry makes his first 2020 visit to the show, and as always, there's lots to talk about - for starters, he'll be reviewing "Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Onward" plus we'll talk about upcoming animation features including "Rumble" and "Trolls World Tour"; we'll cover the latest in print media, and what's new in streaming as well as the latest in home video...just how well is that new Tex Avery Blu Ray doing? We'll also be screening three classic cartoons from Jerry's archives, and we'll read your e-mails!"

https://www.stusshow.com/ 

Keep the e-mails short and to the point when March 18 comes.
tashlinfan44
2020-03-05T17:34:52Z
We haven’t heard anything about the release that Jerry’s working on for WHV yet, have we? I betcha we’ll get some info on the show!
Leviathan
2020-03-05T18:13:11Z
Tex is #16 on WBShop's Best Sellers page, so it's obviously doing very well.

Hopefully we get formal word on Volume 2 here.
mellongraig93
2020-03-15T04:49:13Z
For those of you who are concerned about the COVID-19 outbreak and whether if this will impact Jerry Beck's appearance on Stu's Show, let me assure you all that Stu's Show for March 18 will go ahead as planned. If there are any changes I'm sure we'll all let you know.
mellongraig93
2020-03-18T19:20:29Z
Here's the link to watch the show today with the King of All Things Cartoons:

https://iframe.dacast.com/b/92970/c/447572 
mellongraig93
2020-03-18T23:02:38Z
And it's showtime! First topic is all about the COVID-19 outbreak and the postponements of certain events and how the media has not handled the job that they should be.

Kudos to them for keeping the show going in spite of what has been happening lately.
mellongraig93
2020-03-18T23:26:26Z
Stu summed up on the WHO and CDC as well as item 2 from a nurse specializing on all of this to not believe in the news media/politics.

Now we get into the cartoons with contemporary animation via The Oscars in terms of selections (Toy Story, Klaus, etc.).
mellongraig93
2020-03-18T23:34:47Z
Now on to current movies (Sonic the Hedgehog, Onward) as well as upcoming releases (Scoob!, Minions, Rumble, Trolls World Tour, etc.).

Wow, Jerry disliked the trailers yet he liked the movies, usually it's the other way around (for the current movies).

He's coming back August 5th for his next appearance.
mellongraig93
2020-03-19T00:03:54Z
Stu didn't seem too optimistic about Disney possibly remaking Pinocchio into a live CGI movie and I know how he feels about classic animation turning into something like this.

On the other hand, Jerry showed a quick Buzzy Boop at the Concert short from 1938 on his cell phone. Let's hope it does get restored along with the other 3 ones that are possible.
mellongraig93
2020-03-19T00:12:09Z
By the way, advertising and the VIPs are very important to keep the show going as it is very expensive to do a television broadcast. If you haven't become a Stu's Show VIP yet and you want to become one so that Jerry Beck comes back for future appearances (via in person or via Skype), do so for these links ($5/$10 per month):

https://www.stusshow.com/viplisteners.html 
https://www.patreon.com/StusShow 

Print media is now the next topic, discussing The Animated Peter Lorre book as well as showing Onward, On Animation: The Director's Perspective volumes 1 and 2, The Art of Cuphead, and What Is the Story of Looney Tunes?
mellongraig93
2020-03-19T00:25:47Z
Streaming news, Disney+ has grown at a massive rate and that also helped Frozen 2 be released earlier than expected, and Netflix has a deal with DreamWorks and other studios.

Coming up next, time for everyone's favorite part, home video! And the big question on our minds is the Tex Avery set doing well? We'll find out shortly.
Gabrielkat1991
2020-03-19T00:28:42Z
Originally Posted by: mellongraig93 

On the other hand, Jerry showed a quick Buzzy Boop at the Concert short from 1938 on his cell phone. Let's hope it does get restored along with the other 3 ones that are possible.

Maybe the Snuffy Smith Noveltoon Spree for All could possibly get restored as well.
"The dirty f**k!" - Bosko
Thad Komorowski
2020-03-19T00:46:52Z
Tex Avery 2 for sure. More than 20 cartoons. Happy-Go-Nutty will be included - which was withheld from the first disc.
Leviathan
2020-03-19T00:59:12Z
The cartoons on Tex Avery V1 were chosen because the materials were in the best shape.

Starting to get worried about Tex and the talk of omitted cartoons. Were they really myopic enough to set themselves up for a repeat of the Tom and Jerry debacle?
mellongraig93
2020-03-19T01:08:19Z
They're mentioning the Stu's Show 24/7 channel where usually three shows per month at random are shown on the channel and sometimes one of those will be from Jerry Beck since the show was converted to television.

It's possible that Jerry Beck could be on April 29 with regards to Ruth Clampett being on the show, but we'll see when that time comes.

Now time for Jerry Beck's Cartoon Corner.
tashlinfan44
2020-03-19T01:10:19Z
Any word on any new releases of any kind, minus Popeye and Tex Avery?
mellongraig93
2020-03-19T01:30:55Z
Not that I know of as far as I know, but perhaps maybe during the listener/viewer e-mail segment that could be raised up (and I've been told we're hearing from a lot of new people today as well as the fact that the e-mails were kept short and sweet).
Gabrielkat1991
2020-03-19T01:38:00Z
So the three cartoons that were shown on Jerry Beck's Cartoon Corner tonight were as follows:

Cheese Burglar (Noveltoon, 1946; has a 1945 copyright date)
Let's Ring Doorbells (Scrappy, 1935)
Marching Along (The Little King, 1933)
"The dirty f**k!" - Bosko
fulano7
2020-03-19T01:39:38Z
I may be wrong, but Jerry has mentioned the possibility of pushing up vol. 2 to be released before North American Summer (June)?

Originally Posted by: Leviathan 

The cartoons on Tex Avery V1 were chosen because the materials were in the best shape.

Starting to get worried about Tex and the talk of omitted cartoons. Were they really myopic enough to set themselves up for a repeat of the Tom and Jerry debacle?

I don't like to be pessimistic but today Jerry contradicted the "Nothing will be skipped" statement he did in Facebook. It looks like WB is very reluctant about the un-PC shorts. He said we should be glad of the ones we are getting.

In my POV this means it's very unlikely that we get the 2 most un-PC cartoons.
I always come to TTTP in Exile in the hope of finding news about Warner announcing Tex Avery Collection.
Leviathan
2020-03-19T02:50:54Z
I'd drop the series then. Not doing the shorts chronologically is 9ne thing; omitting cartoons is another.