WACs next release is......- Page 7 - Forum.
raginggoodfella
2020-01-23T23:41:24Z
Originally Posted by: Leviathan 

Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

Originally Posted by: raginggoodfella 

Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Nothing has indicated that this first Blu-ray volume will have "poor sales". In fact, if what I'm seeing here is correct , it's currently #68 on WB Shop's list of best-selling Blu-rays. That's two days after it was put up for pre-order.

Quite the contrary to "bad sales". Notable, it jumped from Page 7 to page 3 in 24 hours.

Hopefully that ensures that the gaps between volumes will be a minimum (like Popeye V2 and V3).

How many fans here already pre-ordered this Blu Ray?
SuperMuppet64
2020-01-23T23:47:44Z

I rather have TEX AVERY 101 than a potentially incomplete set due to poor sales, etc..

the compleat tex avery is readily available for you on laserdisc...
Mesterius
2020-01-23T23:52:19Z

RE: HIS MOUSE FRIDAY If I remember correctly, (I do not own any of T&J Spotlight Collection). there is a few edits in that cartoon. The un-pc character’s voice is different or muted. And there is close up of one the island natives that is gone. I think some of the posters( Jon? Thad? Lev?)at the old GAC forum pointed it out first.

You're thinking about older releases of "His Mouse Friday" on LaserDisc and DVD (including the Spotlight Collection). The restored version that's available from Warner on YouTube is 100% in its original form (which Thad and others have mentioned over the past few years).
Mesterius
2020-01-24T06:30:43Z
You gotta wonder why Warner didn't just reuse the cover art from the old LaserDisc release titled "Tex Avery's Screwball Classics". Much better motive than the thrown-together clipart cover they ended up with.

UserPostedImage
Einhander
2020-01-24T12:19:37Z

You gotta wonder why Warner didn't just reuse the cover art from the old LaserDisc release titled "Tex Avery's Screwball Classics". Much better motive than the thrown-together clipart cover they ended up with.

UserPostedImage

I guess Warner doesn't have resorces from that long ago, or they simply just didn't care.
I don't mind the cover to be frank. Yes, it could have been way better, but i'm more excited for the content inside.
Mesterius
2020-01-24T18:21:51Z
Originally Posted by: Einhander 

I guess Warner doesn't have resorces from that long ago, or they simply just didn't care.
I don't mind the cover to be frank. Yes, it could have been way better, but i'm more excited for the content inside.

So am I. But I also think it's obvious that Warner DOES have the artwork that was produced back then in their archives. Several of the iTunes packages with classic Tom and Jerry cartoons reuse illustrations that were originally cover art for the old MGM/UA VHS releases in the early 90s. (In fact, they seem to be streaming reissues of those very VHS releases.)

Tom and Jerry: Festival of Fun: https://itunes.apple.com...ival-of-fun/id1379794847 

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Tom and Jerry's Christmas Party: https://itunes.apple.com...stmas-party/id1181142287 

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Einhander
2020-01-24T18:53:16Z

So am I. But I also think it's obvious that Warner DOES have the artwork that was produced back then in their archives. Several of the iTunes packages with classic Tom and Jerry cartoons reuse illustrations that were originally cover art for the old MGM/UA VHS releases in the early 90s. (In fact, they seem to be streaming reissues of those very VHS releases.)

Tom and Jerry: Festival of Fun: https://itunes.apple.com...ival-of-fun/id1379794847 

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Tom and Jerry's Christmas Party: https://itunes.apple.com...stmas-party/id1181142287 

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Well i'll be damned, guess the folks at Warner Archive didn't really put that much thought into the cover then.
fulano7
2020-01-24T19:05:46Z
If WAC manages to successfully release all of MGM Tex Avery shorts in 4 volumes, the MGM library won't be too far from being completely released in home video. The remaining one-shots, Happy Harmonies, Barney Bears, Captain and The Kids and short-lived series require at most 9 discs. But now I'm dreaming too much...
I always come to TTTP in Exile in the hope of finding news about Warner announcing Tex Avery Collection.
Mesterius
2020-01-24T23:34:19Z
Still no sign of the Blu-ray on Amazon. Has any other WAC release taken this long to show up there?
Mesterius
2020-01-25T00:08:05Z
...uh, so the Blu-ray IS actually up on Amazon , but it's not possible to pre-order yet. Which seems to be why it doesn't turn up in searches. (According to this Cartoon Research Facebook post , it was put up today.)
Jonathan Wilson
2020-01-25T05:57:55Z
It's still unfortunate that they didn't hire an artist for this set like the Popeye ones (No artist would pass up a chance to draw Avery's characters). It would have made the cover art more animated and fresh.
Jason Todd
2020-01-25T07:40:58Z
Originally Posted by: Jonathan Wilson 

It's still unfortunate that they didn't hire an artist for this set like the Popeye ones (No artist would pass up a chance to draw Avery's characters). It would have made the cover art more animated and fresh.

I would have done so free of charge! Tex Avery is an inspiration, to me.
Gnik_LJN
2020-01-25T11:56:39Z
Originally Posted by: Jonathan Wilson 

All Warner Popeye home releases had the cover done by Stephen Destephano, an amazing artist who did tons of Popeye artwork for King Features.
Mesterius
2020-01-26T01:13:51Z

Well i'll be damned, guess the folks at Warner Archive didn't really put that much thought into the cover then.

I think that goes without saying. 😛 Even the placement of the character art is clumsy on the new Blu-ray cover. Just look at Droopy floating randomly in mid-air.

UserPostedImage

This Tex Avery set is, in my opinion, the most significant classic cartoon release Warner Archive has gotten to do so far. So you'd think the cover art would be done with at least a minimum of competence.
Jason Todd
2020-01-26T01:27:30Z
It is what it is.

As long as all of the films are remastered from Technicolor elements, I have no reason to care about anything else.
Mesterius
2020-01-26T01:36:53Z
Originally Posted by: Jason Todd 

It is what it is.

As long as all of the films are remastered from Technicolor elements, I have no reason to care about anything else.

The presentation of the films is by far the most important thing for me, too. I think it's strange that the cover motive looks that clumsy, and I wish it was better. But the main thing is how good the restorations look.
Jason Todd
2020-01-29T01:24:38Z
https://www.deepdiscount...5&clickId=2985551535 

Pre-order link is up at Deep Discount, for those not wanting to order from either Amazon or WBShop.
PopKorn Kat
2020-01-29T22:11:10Z
Yowp has posted prerelease screenshots from "Hound Hunters" and "Dumb-Hounded" onto his blog , and I feel the new transfers are a massive improvement from what we've seen in the past!
Mesterius
2020-01-29T22:18:10Z
The Blu-ray is now available for pre-order at Amazon... FINALLY!

https://www.amazon.com/T...s-Blu-ray/dp/B083XX4G9J/ 
Mesterius
2020-01-29T22:46:35Z
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

Yowp has posted prerelease screenshots from "Hound Hunters" and "Dumb-Hounded" onto his blog , and I feel the new transfers are a massive improvement from what we've seen in the past!

Strangely enough the framegrabs are just in SD. Would have loved some hi-def screenshots.

Anyway, Dumb-Hounded looks beautiful. In Hound Hunters, the character seems a little off-focus for whatever reason.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage