Popeye the Sailor: The 1940s Vol. 1 (Warner Archive Collection) - December...- Page 25 - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
25 Pages«<232425
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zachary  
#481 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 2:08:56 PM(UTC)
Zachary

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Beta Tester
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 47 post(s)
You can explicitly embed a YouTube video by surrounding the URL with [youtube]...[/youtube] tags. There are other such tags for Dailymotion and Vimeo videos as well; click the "[BB/]" button on the posting form to see them.

The forum used to automatically render such URLs as embedded videos without any tags, but that seems to have been disabled just recently. That's a welcome change, because it made it painful to view and especially post in the "YouTube thread" due to the (re)loading of the numerous embedded videos. Unfortunately, it looks like automatic rendering of URLs as clickable links has gone away too...
Mesterius  
#482 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 2:25:35 PM(UTC)
Mesterius

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 90 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zachary Go to Quoted Post
You can explicitly embed a YouTube video by surrounding the URL with [youtube]...[/youtube] tags. There are other such tags for Dailymotion and Vimeo videos as well; click the "[BB/]" button on the posting form to see them.

Thanks. It did not occur to me to press the BB button when I was looking for an embed function earlier, because I'm not familiar with such a button from any other forum that I can remember. What does "BB" stand for?
Zachary  
#483 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 2:56:11 PM(UTC)
Zachary

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Beta Tester
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 47 post(s)
The tooltip for it says "More BBCode Tags" - BBCode (Bulletin Board Code) being the name for the square-bracketed markup language commonly used by forum software.