Non-WB DVD Releases with rare unreleased shorts - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dzug15  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2016 9:22:29 PM(UTC)
dzug15

Groups: Registered
United States

Here are links to a store with non-WB DVDs.
There are several DVDs with some shorts not released yet by Warner Brothers.

http://www.efilmic.com/p...t.asp?PID=0038&CID=2
http://www.efilmic.com/p...t.asp?PID=0031&CID=1

non-released Bugs Bunny:
Beanstalk Bunny
A-lad-in His Lamp
Rabbitson Crusoe

Edited by user Thursday, December 22, 2016 12:01:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Toonatic  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 12:54:12 AM(UTC)
Toonatic

Groups: Registered, Researcher
United States

Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 189 post(s)
I think these are bootlegs.
Looney Tunes Fan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 11:34:59 AM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Yeah this site sells nothing but bootlegs. I mean, they've even got Disney animated releases (see here: http://www.efilmic.com/p....asp?CID=28&PID=0396) that look nothing like the official ones (plus all they're discs are Region 0 - that would never fly with an official release of movies like these).
PopKorn Kat  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 11:40:20 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 412 time(s) in 290 post(s)
The site's official FAQ says:
Quote:
Where are these DVDs made?
Our DVDs are manufactured and licensed by Asian authorized distributors in Taiwan.

The exact definition of "authorized" is still up for debate, though...
nickramer  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 25, 2016 11:25:37 AM(UTC)
nickramer

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 249 post(s)
I've seen those before. Those bootlegs are just DVD rips of old commercially released videos.
Mesterius  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 5:34:46 AM(UTC)
Mesterius

Was thanked: 339 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Looney Tunes Fan Go to Quoted Post
Yeah this site sells nothing but bootlegs. I mean, they've even got Disney animated releases (see here: http://www.efilmic.com/p....asp?CID=28&PID=0396) that look nothing like the official ones (plus all they're discs are Region 0 - that would never fly with an official release of movies like these).

The funny thing about that is that all the official, American Warner cartoon DVDs I own ARE region 0. It says region 1 on the cover, but in reality they are region-free - in other words region 0.
thanks 2 users thanked Mesterius for this useful post.
Looney Tunes Fan on 8/30/2019(UTC), WaltWiz1901 on 8/30/2019(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 7:04:06 AM(UTC)
Looney Tunes Fan

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mesterius Go to Quoted Post

The funny thing about that is that all the official, American Warner cartoon DVDs I own ARE region 0. It says region 1 on the cover, but in reality they are region-free - in other words region 0.

Huh, that's actually quite interesting! Thanks for sharing that bit of info! New Bugs Bunny

Interesting to see that they're basically region 0 though, as I think companies were really protective with regions back in the early DVD days. Now-a-days, most movies on Blu-ray from the big studios have all of the regions on them, basically making them region free as well (not sure if that's the case with any of the Looney Tunes Blu-ray sets, but it might be).
Mesterius  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2019 10:34:34 PM(UTC)
Mesterius

Was thanked: 339 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mesterius Go to Quoted Post

Huh, that's actually quite interesting! Thanks for sharing that bit of info! New Bugs Bunny

Interesting to see that they're basically region 0 though, as I think companies were really protective with regions back in the early DVD days. Now-a-days, most movies on Blu-ray from the big studios have all of the regions on them, basically making them region free as well (not sure if that's the case with any of the Looney Tunes Blu-ray sets, but it might be).

Yup, it's the case with all the Looney Tunes (and other Warner cartoon) Blu-rays. My Blu-ray player is region B (Europe) and I've never had any problems with them. Nor have I had any problem with DVD releases from Warner when I've tried them in region 2 DVD players, not even older DVDs from the 2000s.

Unfortunately, not all home video producers are as smart as Warner Bros. when it comes to this stuff. The Betty Boop Blu-rays from Olive are region A only, which is one of the reasons I only own one volume of those. And sadly, the same seems to be the case with all of Kino Lorber's releases. I got "The Inspector" on Blu-ray recently, only to find out I couldn't watch it on my player. So I doubt I'll be buying any of the Pink Panther Blu-rays unless I first find a way to make my Blu-ray player region free. (Sadly, that seems harder with Blu-ray players than with DVD players.)