New Looney Tunes shorts being added to Boomerang's rotation- Page 6 - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
8 Pages«<45678>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
OutOfOdor  
#101 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 8:14:27 PM(UTC)
OutOfOdor

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 65 post(s)
For those who didn't see it, "Calling Dr. Porky" was the computer colorized version.
"With all respect to the great mousetrap."- Popeye, "The Spinach Overture" (1935)
DVDLooney  
#102 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 8:51:40 PM(UTC)
DVDLooney

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I was watching Looney Tunes this morning on Boomerang and did you guys noticed that they played Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid once again, despite it not being scheduled to play? Cause I saw it yesterday morning too.

Spoiler Alert: Piker's Peak will be airing on Boomerang in another week.

Edited by user Monday, August 8, 2016 8:54:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked DVDLooney for this useful post.
OutOfOdor on 8/9/2016(UTC)
wiley207  
#103 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 11:15:04 PM(UTC)
wiley207

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead Go to Quoted Post

But I thought you found "What's New Scooby-Doo" to be among the worst cartoon (at least the worst HB or Scooby short ever).,

Yes, and I still do. But I also find it to be quite similar to the Seven Arts cartoons in terms of animation, and using a small portion of the H-B SFX library over and over, except the music isn't like Bill Lava's.
At least they're now airing "Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated," and while it's not as good as the classics, and is pretty dark and violent for a Scooby show, I find it quite better than "What's New." (It was also better-written and better-animated than its' sister series, "The Looney Tunes Show.")
wiley207  
#104 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2016 11:44:42 PM(UTC)
wiley207

Originally Posted by: bodek610 Go to Quoted Post

Speaking of Daffy's Southern Exposure, in Italy Rai 2 aired that short B/W (also with wrong opening theme from 1937 and with wrong ending title card with Porky's Drum from 1937-38): https://www.dailymotion.com/vide...hern-exposure_shortfilms.

I guess the soundtrack version was sourced from the colorized version. Also, the way it ended with the 1937-1939 ending card by mistake reminds me of how some 1939-1943 cartoons that were digitally colorized in the early 90s also had that same mistake added during the colorization, such as "Porky's Hotel," "A Coy Decoy" and "Porky's Pig Feat."
bodek610  
#105 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:22:40 AM(UTC)
bodek610

Poland

Originally Posted by: wiley207 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: bodek610 Go to Quoted Post

Speaking of Daffy's Southern Exposure, in Italy Rai 2 aired that short B/W (also with wrong opening theme from 1937 and with wrong ending title card with Porky's Drum from 1937-38): https://www.dailymotion.com/vide...hern-exposure_shortfilms.

I guess the soundtrack version was sourced from the colorized version. Also, the way it ended with the 1937-1939 ending card by mistake reminds me of how some 1939-1943 cartoons that were digitally colorized in the early 90s also had that same mistake added during the colorization, such as "Porky's Hotel," "A Coy Decoy" and "Porky's Pig Feat."

Probably they are Warner Bros. Dubbed 1990's versions, but without Dubbed notice.

PorkyPigfan90  
#106 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:24:46 AM(UTC)
PorkyPigfan90

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sadly, the Blow Out was replaced with Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid.
Cool_Cat  
#107 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:15:12 AM(UTC)
Cool_Cat

Italy

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 36 post(s)
The soundtrack of that short was not sourced from the colorized version. It's probably because they were missing a part of the sound.

Does Boomerang US still air A Coy Decoy?
Bobby Bickert  
#108 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:03:57 AM(UTC)
Bobby Bickert

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Looney Turtles Go to Quoted Post
Wow, they are going to play a Goopy Gear short? Has any shorts with him ever aired on TV within the last 25 or so years?.

"Goopy Geer", "Moonlight for Two" and "The Queen Was in the Parlor" aired on Cartoon Network as part of "Late Night Black & White". (But "Goopy Geer and "The Queen Was in the Parlor" were censored.)

Bobby Bickert  
#109 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:11:02 AM(UTC)
Bobby Bickert

United States

[And I do hope at least for "Daffy's Southern Exposure," they air the digitally-colorized version (even if it has the wrong opening theme) instead of the crummy redrawn version CN typically would air (even if it had the rare "Abstract W7" logos.)

Cartoon Network used the computer colorized version for the Norm McCabe episode of Toon Heads.(Though they should've used the B & W version.) I wonder why they didn't air it anywhere else?

nickramer  
#110 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:19:27 AM(UTC)
nickramer

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 248 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PorkyPigfan90 Go to Quoted Post

Was there some sort of real bomb threat that happened this weekend? Maybe that's why they didn't air it.
DVDLooney  
#111 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:33:41 PM(UTC)
DVDLooney

I hate to be the bearer of bad news guys, but Turner changed the schedule of Speedy Gonzales shorts and others shorts that were supposed to air today and the rest of the week. What a revoltin' development this is! Daffy Duck
Looney Turtles  
#112 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:52:11 PM(UTC)
Looney Turtles

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DVDLooney Go to Quoted Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news guys, but Turner changed the schedule of Speedy Gonzales shorts and others shorts that were supposed to air today and the rest of the week. What a revoltin' development this is! Daffy Duck

Well, I had a feeling this wasn't going to last. But I'm hoping the rare shorts that already aired will become part of the regular rotation, just for a little more variety.

But let's see hat happens next week first before fully concluding that they are going to stop airing the rare shorts again first. Some of them still appear on the Boomerang schedule for next week.
Feel free to check out my new Looney Tunes board here: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Looney_Tunes_Board/index/
DVDLooney  
#113 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:15:46 PM(UTC)
DVDLooney

Well, I had a feeling this wasn't going to last. But I'm hoping the rare shorts that already aired will become part of the regular rotation, just for a little more variety.

But let's see hat happens next week first before fully concluding that they are going to stop airing the rare shorts again first. Some of them still appear on the Boomerang schedule for next week.

Yeah, I'm not officially concluding that they've stopped airing rare shorts yet. Cause Monday shorts like The Old Grey Hare and Of Thee I Sting are still scheduled to air. So we'll just have to wait and see.
OutOfOdor  
#114 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:51:32 PM(UTC)
OutOfOdor

United States

Don't keep your hopes so high, boy! I bet it's going to be what I call "the usual suspects" ("Jet Cage", "The Slick Chick", "Rabbit Every Monday", etc.) for the rest of the week.
"With all respect to the great mousetrap."- Popeye, "The Spinach Overture" (1935)
Bobby Bickert  
#115 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 7:43:02 AM(UTC)
Bobby Bickert

United States

Originally Posted by: nickramer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PorkyPigfan90 Go to Quoted Post

Was there some sort of real bomb threat that happened this weekend? Maybe that's why they didn't air it.

A planted pipe bomb exploded under a police SUV (thankfully unoccupied) in Thurmont, Maryland last week.

nickramer  
#116 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:46:21 AM(UTC)
nickramer

Groups: Registered, Researcher

Was thanked: 248 time(s) in 203 post(s)
I noticed that the cartoons are still being run in alphabetical order. Was it always like this before last week?
bodek610  
#117 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 12:29:28 AM(UTC)
bodek610

Poland

According to the schedules:

11/08 - Big Snooze/Birds Of A Father/Bird in a Guilty Cage/Blooper Bunny/Birds Anonymous/Bill of Hare/Bone for a Bone, A/Bonanza Bunny/Bird In a Bonnet, A/Boobs In The Woods
12/08 - Boulder Wham!/Bugs and Thugs/Bunker Hill Bunny/Bully for Bugs/Bugs Bunny Rides Again/Box Office Bunny/Bunny Hugged/Broom-stick Bunny/Buccaneer Bunny/Boston Quackie
13/08 - Compressed Hare/Cat Feud/Cat's Paw/Cat's A-Weigh/Bye, Bye Bluebeard/Canned Feud/Chariots of Fur/Carrotblanca/Captain Hareblower/Canary Row/Clippety Clobbered/Chaser On The Rocks/Claws in the Lease
14/08 - Dime to Retire/Crowing Pains/Don't Axe Me/Daffy's Inn Trouble/Dixie Fryer/Corn on the Cop/Daffy Flies North/Devil's Feud Cake/Cracked Quack/Devil May Hare/Daffy Duck Hunt/Dog Pounded/Design for Leaving
15/08 - One Froggy Evening/One Meat Brawl/One More Time/Of Thee I Sting/Old Glory/Old Grey Hare/Of Rice and Hen/Oily Hare/Of Fox and Hounds/Often An Orphan
16/08 - Out and Out Rout/Organ Grinder/Patient Porky/Pappy's Puppy/Paying The Piper/Penguin Parade/Pancho's Hideaway/Peck up Your Troubles/Past Perfumance/Operation: Rabbit
17/08 - Pest in the House, A/People are Bunny/Person to Bunny/Pest That Came to Dinner/Pied Piper of Guadalupe/Pigs is Pigs/Pests for Guests/Picador Porky/Pied Piper Porky/Pigs in a Polka
Looney Turtles  
#118 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 11:29:58 AM(UTC)
Looney Turtles

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Bad news everyone. Next week's schedule is now being replaced by the common shorts too. It seems history has repeated itself here, like it did back in May. It's really too bad.
Feel free to check out my new Looney Tunes board here: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Looney_Tunes_Board/index/
wiley207  
#119 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 6:49:41 PM(UTC)
wiley207

That sucks! I wonder if someone on Boomerang has been sneakily adding all those new shorts to the lineup, but is then caught, and the main management restores it back to the usual small amount of cartoons?
And if they're doing that, it sounds like "What's New Scooby-Doo" will be returning to the schedule as well, since they won't be airing any Warner/Seven Arts cartoons... Brick wall
thanks 1 user thanked wiley207 for this useful post.
OutOfOdor on 8/14/2016(UTC)
OutOfOdor  
#120 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2016 5:04:42 AM(UTC)
OutOfOdor

United States

That sucks! I wonder if someone on Boomerang has been sneakily adding all those new shorts to the lineup, but is then caught, and the main management restores it back to the usual small amount of cartoons?
And if they're doing that, it sounds like "What's New Scooby-Doo" will be returning to the schedule as well, since they won't be airing any Warner/Seven Arts cartoons... Brick wall

I thought someone was hacking Boomerang to air the rare shorts.