Looney Tunes The Parodies Collection on DVD 2/4- Page 2 - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WaltWiz1901  
#21 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 6:47:18 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 103 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leviathan Go to Quoted Post
Though the first two Popeye volumes sold well enough to encourage further restorations and releases, WAC and Warner in general have kept completely mum. They were supposed to have announced and revealed new releases this year at San Diego Comic-Con, but that came and went, and now the year has too.

What happened to those releases? Did they get cancelled or were they never happening in the first place?

Jerry Beck will be on Stu's Show sometime in December. Let's see if he'll be able to tell us about those secret releases then...

(I feel like Warner Archive should focus less on Popeye and more on Warner's other animated properties next year; I have a hunch that the Famous Studios Popeyes are the only classic cartoons they're interested in putting out on Blu-ray at this time. Next year is Bugs Bunny's 80th, Tom and Jerry's 80th, and the "Looney Tunes" franchise's 90th, so they're more than capable of putting out something for any of those anniversaries...)
Einhander  
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 10:20:14 AM(UTC)
Einhander

United States

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 18 post(s)
WAC should reprint the Tom and Jerry Golden Collection Blu-Ray. If they can't do Vol 2, then this is the next best thing, seeing as the price got jacked up tremendously the past few months.

Warner Bros. is most likely going to do something about all those anniversary's next year, but I feel like there's going to be nothing of interest to us, aside from this "Parodies Collection" thing.

Edited by user Sunday, December 1, 2019 10:21:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Einhander for this useful post.
WaltWiz1901 on 12/6/2019(UTC)
Leviathan  
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 10:58:21 AM(UTC)
Leviathan

United States

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WaltWiz1901 Go to Quoted Post

Jerry Beck will be on Stu's Show sometime in December. Let's see if he'll be able to tell us about those secret releases then...

That's what we thought when he came on in July, but nothing.

They didn't have anything to do with Popeye, I don't think, because that was officially announced in the same Stu's Show the other "mystery releases" were teased.
tashlinfan44  
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 11:19:23 AM(UTC)
tashlinfan44

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)

They didn't have anything to do with Popeye, I don't think, because that was officially announced in the same Stu's Show the other "mystery releases" were teased.

Jerry acknowledged that he promised us the announcement of new releases in July, and he said that he would definitely have something to say in December.
thanks 2 users thanked tashlinfan44 for this useful post.
WaltWiz1901 on 12/1/2019(UTC), Jason Todd on 12/2/2019(UTC)
Leviathan  
#25 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 2:31:41 AM(UTC)
Leviathan

United States

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tashlinfan44 Go to Quoted Post

Jerry acknowledged that he promised us the announcement of new releases in July, and he said that he would definitely have something to say in December.

where and when?
WaltWiz1901  
#26 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 4:06:59 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Man
United States

where and when?

I read on the thread about his last SS appearance that Beck said he'll be back on the 18th. (I unfortunately didn't see it back in July, but I may be around to catch the December 18th show if I don't have to comply with too much school-related stuff)

Getting slightly back on topic, I feel like Warner Archive ought to put out some LT/MM-related discs/sets next year. I get that the Popeye discs are selling well, but they shouldn't be all what WA has to offer classic animation-wise aside from Porky Pig 101 and MOD reprints of four otherwise out-of-print DVD sets. Here's what I'd like to see Warner release through WA:
- A complete Bosko set
- A set of Harman/Ising "Merrie Melodies"
- A multi-disc Bugs Bunny set (including shorts that have never been released on disc)
- Director/character collections

Edited by user Monday, December 2, 2019 4:08:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tashlinfan44  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:31:09 AM(UTC)
tashlinfan44

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 6 post(s)

where and when?

On the Stu's Show from July 31st.
thanks 1 user thanked tashlinfan44 for this useful post.
WaltWiz1901 on 12/6/2019(UTC)
Traveling Matt  
#28 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 5:27:26 PM(UTC)
Traveling Matt

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Here's what I'd like to see Warner release through WA:
- A complete Bosko set
- A multi-disc Bugs Bunny set (including shorts that have never been released on disc)

That all sounds great but honestly... how pie-in-the-sky is a complete MM/LT set on Blu-ray? Maybe 40 discs or so, fully restored as part of their archival program? Even if it doesn't happen in time for next year's anniversaries?

It's a huge catalog, blah blah blah, but come on already.

Edited by user Friday, December 6, 2019 5:29:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mesterius  
#29 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 10:46:51 PM(UTC)
Mesterius

Was thanked: 339 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Traveling Matt Go to Quoted Post
Here's what I'd like to see Warner release through WA:
- A complete Bosko set

That all sounds great but honestly... how pie-in-the-sky is a complete MM/LT set on Blu-ray? Maybe 40 discs or so, fully restored as part of their archival program? Even if it doesn't happen in time for next year's anniversaries?

It's a huge catalog, blah blah blah, but come on already.

It can't be complete until Warner allows the release of The Censored Eleven... which they haven't so far.
WaltWiz1901  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:17:19 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Man
United States

Well, today's the street date...any idea if the new-to-disc shorts are restored HD masters or unrestored videotape masters (and are any of them progressive or interlaced scan)? Is Apes of Wrath in full frame and is Hare and Loathing in Las Vegas in widescreen?

Edited by user Wednesday, February 5, 2020 9:13:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ian L.  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 9:27:02 AM(UTC)
Ian L.

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Well, today's the street date...any idea if the new-to-disc shorts are restored HD masters or unrestored videotape masters (and are any of them progressive or interlaced scan)? Is Apes of Wrath in full frame and is Hare and Loathing in Las Vegas in widescreen?
No idea, because I checked four different stores (Wal-Mart, Target, FYE, and Best Buy) and NONE of them had it. You'd think I'd be used to this by now, but...
Thad Komorowski  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 10:33:13 AM(UTC)
Thad Komorowski

Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Reportedly, via Greg Method and the Bugs Bunny Video Guide, the new-to-DVD shorts are NOT remastered.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 5, 2020 10:34:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked Thad Komorowski for this useful post.
WaltWiz1901 on 2/5/2020(UTC), PopKorn Kat on 2/5/2020(UTC), Jason Todd on 2/5/2020(UTC), SuperMuppet64 on 2/5/2020(UTC), Jonathan Wilson on 2/7/2020(UTC)