WACs next release is......- Page 8 - Forum.
Mesterius
2020-01-30T01:20:13Z
So, as a Norwegian fan of Tex Avery, I'm currently considering where to pre-order this set. I looked at WowHD  just now, and it appears they ship to Norway, among many other countries . Would people recommend ordering there instead of on Amazon to get the set faster?
Jason Todd
2020-01-30T03:48:16Z
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

Yowp has posted prerelease screenshots from "Hound Hunters" and "Dumb-Hounded" onto his blog , and I feel the new transfers are a massive improvement from what we've seen in the past!

Dude... Those screen-grabs look FREAKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!
Mesterius
2020-01-30T04:37:33Z
Jerry posted another screenshot on Facebook  five minutes ago, this time the title card from RED HOT RANGERS:

UserPostedImage
Thad Komorowski
2020-01-30T13:30:04Z
Dumb-Hounded will be revelatory, since it never looked good. (It will be the reissue, missing the coffee ration headline, to answer the inevitable question.)
Leviathan
2020-01-30T16:33:28Z
I'm not seeing anything in the reissue that indicates a cut (splice, dissolve, etc.)

Did MGM reanimate the footage to remove the reference A LA Shooting of Dan McGoo and Wild and Woolfy?
DawnShadow
2020-01-30T19:21:22Z
Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

So, as a Norwegian fan of Tex Avery, I'm currently considering where to pre-order this set. I looked at WowHD  just now, and it appears they ship to Norway, among many other countries . Would people recommend ordering there instead of on Amazon to get the set faster?

I’ve used them many times to ship to Australia. Very fast, usually shipped well before the release date and cheaper in my experience too.
Slowly I Turn
2020-01-30T23:48:04Z
Wal Mart $17.97
Mesterius
2020-01-31T01:48:21Z
Originally Posted by: DawnShadow 

I’ve used them many times to ship to Australia. Very fast, usually shipped well before the release date and cheaper in my experience too.

That sounds pretty good. It appears the shipping may be free, too? I tried getting the rates for Norway (without registering as a user as of yet), and it says, "International Shipping - £0.00".
Lee B
2020-01-31T02:16:46Z
I know Yowp did a comparison on his blog...but just to drive the point home even further, here's another comparison.

Left side is the new Blu Ray shot that Yowp got from Jerry, Right side is a frame from a DVD rip of the Compleat Tex Avery Laserdisc set that I bought years ago. (And I do know that I'm off by a couple of frames. Blame VLC.)

Hounded
DawnShadow
2020-01-31T02:27:00Z

That sounds pretty good. It appears the shipping may be free, too? I tried getting the rates for Norway (without registering as a user as of yet), and it says, "International Shipping - £0.00".

Yeah it's free.

Forgot to mention I used them for Popeye Vol 1, Teen Titans Season 1 and Jonny Quest and all three were posted 3-4 days before the release date and showed up within a week or so.
Mesterius
2020-01-31T02:37:59Z

Yeah it's free.

Forgot to mention I used them for Popeye Vol 1, Teen Titans Season 1 and Jonny Quest and all three were posted 3-4 days before the release date and showed up within a week or so.

Okay, that's impressive. Guess this will be where I order it.
Wolfie
2020-01-31T19:03:27Z

I bought the last Popeye set from there, and it arrived very quickly - though that wasn't a pre-order. For anyone in the UK (like me), you may have to bear in mind the import limit of £15.

raginggoodfella
2020-02-01T02:35:44Z

The Blu-ray is now available for pre-order at Amazon... FINALLY!

https://www.amazon.com/T...s-Blu-ray/dp/B083XX4G9J/ 

Target.com has it for $17.99. The 2 of the 3 recent Popeye Blu-Rays that I ordered from Walmart.com and was received before the official release date. I had to cancel the Amazon.com pre-orders due to out of stock issues.
Mesterius
2020-02-01T02:36:28Z
Warner Archive just posted THREE preview clips from the Tex Avery Blu-ray in 1080p HD! Here they are in chronological order:

Red Hot Riding Hood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h6_LmfC--o 

Daredevil Droopy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUO3UxbsQtY 

Symphony in Slang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEeROUVzCHk 

From what I can see, they look gorgeous. Red Hot Riding Hood looks perhaps a bit rougher than the others, but still beautiful. How great it is to see Wolfie's reactions to Red's number in this quality, and not obliterated by DVNR as on all earlier disc releases.
Jason Todd
2020-02-01T05:24:50Z

Warner Archive just posted THREE preview clips from the Tex Avery Blu-ray in 1080p HD! Here they are in chronological order:

Red Hot Riding Hood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h6_LmfC--o 

Daredevil Droopy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUO3UxbsQtY 

Symphony in Slang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEeROUVzCHk 

From what I can see, they look gorgeous. Red Hot Riding Hood looks perhaps a bit rougher than the others, but still beautiful. How great it is to see Wolfie's reactions to Red's number in this quality, and not obliterated by DVNR as on all earlier disc releases.

Ooooooooohhhhhh!!!!! These look SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!
nickramer
2020-02-01T15:24:29Z
Those prints look mighty fine.
Leviathan
2020-02-01T20:25:17Z
You need to put them side by side with the laserdisc to truly appreciate how much of a jump this is.
Thad Komorowski
2020-02-02T04:06:51Z
They look fine, but the sound on the latter two is kind of hissy and/or distorted.
Mesterius
2020-02-02T12:24:10Z
Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski 

They look fine, but the sound on the latter two is kind of hissy and/or distorted.

I see someone else mentioning the same on the blu-ray.com forum :

kaden1108 wrote:

I'm hoping it's just YouTube, the sound has gone through way too much nosie reduction. When comparing Droopy to the DVD, alot of effects and score are either muffled or at very low volume.

Jason Todd
2020-02-02T18:44:58Z
Just checked WBShop’s best seller list.

As of this writing, Tex Avery Screwball Classics is #40.

For a classic animation release, this set is practically selling like hotcakes!