S. C. MacPeter
15 days ago
Nice to see a MeTV Toons board on here. Allows me not to clog up one thread on various shows. Since I was previously talking about how some cartoons were airing on the Casper and Company block (and all Stars), I figured I'd pick this up here.

The Casper & Company block was completely different than what was scheduled online.

What was scheduled:
Once Upon a Rhyme, Out of This Whirl, The Seapreme Court, Mr. Money Gags, Nothing to Hiccup At, Fiesta Time, The Deep Boo Sea

What was aired:
Good Scream Fun, Land of the Lost Watches, Dawg Gawn, Gag and Baggage, Good and Guilty, Talking Horse Sense, Zero the Hero

In terms of presentation, its about what you expect. Mostly Harveytoon show masters (some with the Harveytoon show intro attached to the beginning), and some earlier Tape Masters upscaled. They ran GAG AND BAGGAGE complete, so they have the Bouncing Ball cartoons complete, and probably in their "Toon Take" clip forms as well for shorter filler, considering GIT ALONG LITTLE DUCKIE ran in its Toon Take form
S. C. MacPeter
13 days ago
For those wondering, the initial schedule for Sunday is what aired today:

Once Upon a Rhyme, Out of This Whirl, The Seapreme Court, Mr. Money Gags, Nothing to Hiccup At, Fiesta Time, The Deep Boo Sea
S. C. MacPeter
10 days ago
FISHING TACKLER aired yesterday from a Funday print. I checked episode guides from the series, and if I'm right, CAT IN THE ACT will also air in B/W when it airs as well

UserPostedImage

Also, RABBIT PUNCH looked awful in its Harveytoon Show Print. The scan I have from Thad's IB Tech looks FAR better. Hopefully MeTV Toons creates the incentive to revisit these cartoons

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Bobby Bickert
10 days ago
"Fishing Tackler" was never shown in its entirety on "The Harveytoons Show". The version that aired on the redubbed "Casper and Friends" from 1991 edited out Little Audrey climbing a utility pole, moving along the wires hanging from her hands, then dropping into an awning. They must have been afraid to show that part on "The Harveytoons Show".

"Casper's Spree Under the Sea" also never aired in its entirety on "The Harveytoons Show", probably because of Casper's "suicide attempt". When it aired as part of the redubbed "Casper and Friends" from 1991, it cut from the bees dumping honey on Casper to Casper sitting on the ocean floor, though the rope around Casper's neck that's tied to a large rock is still there. An old Harvey Films print with full opening and closing titles was used for the Casper DVD set. So that might be what gets shown on MeTV Toons.

That might explain the B & W "Matty's Funday Funnies" print of "Boo Hoo Baby". The version that aired on the redubbed "Casper and Friends" from 1991 edited out the cop firing his gun at Casper. (Though the bullet holes in the wall can still be seen.) Except that "Boo Hoo Baby" was uncensored when it was part of "The Harveytoons Show".
S. C. MacPeter
9 days ago

That might explain the B & W "Matty's Funday Funnies" print of "Boo Hoo Baby". The version that aired on the redubbed "Casper and Friends" from 1991 edited out the cop firing his gun at Casper. (Though the bullet holes in the wall can still be seen.) Except that "Boo Hoo Baby" was uncensored when it was part of "The Harveytoons Show".

Originally Posted by: Bobby Bickert 

I'm not too sure about any of this, it seems like they scanned one episode for unknown purposes (maybe indeed, for MeTV Toons) and put the cartoons in the episode as their masters. Was CAT IN THE ACT aired dubbed or edited on the Harveytoon show? I don't think so. I actually didn't mind the source of BOO HOO BABY; the master used for The Harveytoon Show suffers similar issues to the copy of ONCE UPON A RHYME that's been aired

I think it boils down to Universal being a mess in their holdings. Take today for example, the very first cartoon was BOOS AND ARROWS, while the next cartoon, CAT-CHOO, aired dubbed.
Bobby Bickert
8 days ago
"Cat-Choo" was also edited for the redubbed "Casper and Friends" from 1991. They edited out Buzzy giving Katnip a "shot"...with a shotgun, with the barrel in Katnip's mouth.

Yes, the prints of "Once Upon A Rhyme" and "Boo Hoo Baby" that I've seen since 1991 are showing their age. But they're nowhere near as bad as some old aap prints of Popeye cartoons and WB cartoons, and some old U M & M/NTA prints of Paramount cartoons.
S. C. MacPeter
3 days ago
Some updates

-SPORTICKLES aired in HD yesterday, a new scan from the in-house 35mm dupe. It doesn't really look better, just higher rez. Colors are dark and warm, and the Eastman Harveytoon titles are completely faded

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

-My assumption that Universal just happened to have a Funday episode scanned with the cartoons on it as the air masters was right, CAT IN THE ACT aired in a Funday Print

UserPostedImage

Also, enjoy this terrible faded 16mm Dupe of AUDREY THE RAINMAKER that aired today

UserPostedImage
Bobby Bickert
3 days ago
Was Petunia in "Audrey the Rainmaker"?
S. C. MacPeter
3 days ago
The presentation of this cartoon is identical to how it was shown on THE HARVEYTOONS SHOW. WINNER BY A HARE on the 10th was unedited, though. I should note, I've been told that the new channel is only airing cartoons as they are sent. This means any edits were done before MeTV Toons received them (which means Warners has revised a few of the cartoons initially sent unedited)

Quick Reply

© 2024 - YetAnotherForum.NET