S. C. MacPeter
2024-03-30T15:34:23Z
A BIG thanks to user OutofOdor for the following piece of knowledge.

Thanks to him, I now know the trombone theme heard at the opening and end of MonkeyDoodle is SeaSickness, a 1929 Brunswick 78 from their mood accompaniment library . It is likely that the rest of the score from the cartoon is from this library, as well. I'm hoping, with this post, to try and find the rest of the cues used in Les Elton's MonkeyDoodle . The only issue would be if the rest of the records used are online, so I hope some folks here might know or even have the records
DudleyDud
2024-03-30T23:06:34Z
Thank you for introducing me to this beautiful film, the visuals are really impressive.

Apparently, animator Bob Bentley (Les Elton's son-in-law) worked on this short film.
Farnitoon
2024-03-31T06:10:37Z
Originally Posted by: DudleyDud 

Thank you for introducing me to this beautiful film, the visuals are really impressive.

Apparently, animator Bob Bentley (Les Elton's son-in-law) worked on this short film.

According to animation historian Ray Pointer, Les Elton also sought to create another cartoon, also set in the jungle and focusing on new characters, but unfortunately this attempt failed completely, and the only thing that has survived are the character model sheets.

Note the strong influence of Fleischer Studios in the design of these characters:
Les Elton's characters

DudleyDud
2024-04-01T22:12:24Z
Les Elton really had a beautiful drawing style, thanks for posting this.