Kyroe
2023-10-10T19:39:52Z
Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

CHIPS AHOY was also censored, to remove the cigar gag. I was told that it wouldn't be beneath Disney to censor some of them for Disney+, but considering the Pansy character in BARNYARD OLYMPICS and Kat Nipp drinking his jug in WHEN THE CAT'S AWAY was cleared, I'm befuddled, and why would they add the cartoon if it would be censored? Mixed bag of titles, and the little things that matter in these things have strange errors

"When in doubt, stick with the Walt Disney Treasures", I learned that the hard way. No censorship on almost all shorts, except for Clock Cleaners and Three Little Pigs, shorts that will never be on Disney+, and a treasure trove of bonus material.
RareSox
2023-10-11T20:20:11Z
Originally Posted by: fulano7 

Posting my whole opinion about Disney would probably get me banned.

The Make Mine Music blu-ray release brought back the trend of putting altered content in retail. A practice that had been discontinued in the late DVD and early blu-ray era came back in full force, worse than in the early 2000s (Melody Time and Make Mine Music censored DVDs). Now, putting edited content on blu-ray and streaming is commonplace. The company is in an unprecedented low standard content-wise, but unfortunately not anywhere near bankruptcy ($).

I'm reading a post from that M&M Guy again am I
Mac
  • Mac
  • Advanced Member
2023-10-12T14:48:29Z
Thank you to all those posting about the latest batch of these as I was curious about the restorations. Some disappointing news here with the alterations and the censorship, but I've to expect this kind of thing and can't say I'm surprised.

We had that one nice surprise with the Bone Trouble titles and I'm still happy about that!
ArcLordOne
2023-10-12T19:03:34Z
Originally Posted by: fulano7 

Posting my whole opinion about Disney would probably get me banned.

The Make Mine Music blu-ray release brought back the trend of putting altered content in retail. A practice that had been discontinued in the late DVD and early blu-ray era came back in full force, worse than in the early 2000s (Melody Time and Make Mine Music censored DVDs). Now, putting edited content on blu-ray and streaming is commonplace. The company is in an unprecedented low standard content-wise, but unfortunately not anywhere near bankruptcy ($).

I agree. It's another feather in the cap or bootlegs.

ArcLordOne
2023-10-16T19:20:49Z
Originally Posted by: Kyroe 

Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

CHIPS AHOY was also censored, to remove the cigar gag. I was told that it wouldn't be beneath Disney to censor some of them for Disney+, but considering the Pansy character in BARNYARD OLYMPICS and Kat Nipp drinking his jug in WHEN THE CAT'S AWAY was cleared, I'm befuddled, and why would they add the cartoon if it would be censored? Mixed bag of titles, and the little things that matter in these things have strange errors

"When in doubt, stick with the Walt Disney Treasures", I learned that the hard way. No censorship on almost all shorts, except for Clock Cleaners and Three Little Pigs, shorts that will never be on Disney+, and a treasure trove of bonus material.

There is nothing like them on Earth.