mellongraig93
a year ago
Jerry and Arnold will be on for part of the show on December 21st - we don't know if the show has already been recorded (I'm guessing it has), but here's the description which also includes the Giz Wiz before them:

"Its part two of this year's annual Christmas Gift Guide presentation, and the hilarious Giz Wiz, DICK DE BARTOLO, is back again with recommendations for great gadgets and dissuations for crappy ones (we'll have an equal assortment of both). Then JERRY BECK and your genial host will welcome back "Puppetoon Movie 3" producer/director ARNOLD LEIBOVIT, who will have more beautiful restorations to display from his upcoming film, and a discussion on what the difference is between a film "scan" as opposed to a full remastering, and Jerry will present three vintage cartoons for your holiday enjoyment!"

https://www.stusshow.com 

Can't wait to see what these three vintage cartoons are this time around.
nickramer
a year ago
For once, I didn't send an email for the show. I can't really think of a good one anyway.
mellongraig93
a year ago
More than likely this show was taped well ahead of time, and I don't think he advertised any e-mails on the show anyway.

But, here you go folks - this is the link to watch the program as they're now on as we speak:

https://player.viloud.tv/embed/channel/a0a676e18cd317f88d9338a44b024195?fbclid=IwAR3yhEA-_fdIC6eJ9IWE_lK9rFoQGF6qIIVfy1FCjTVspnbccVEtJanZey0 
Leviathan
a year ago
I take it there's no news about what the latest Warner Archive set is.
mellongraig93
a year ago
As far as I know, no... that will be reserved when Jerry Beck returns in March (and it will be a two-parter), so that will be exciting when he gets the whole month to do two shows.
Leviathan
a year ago

As far as I know, no... that will be reserved when Jerry Beck returns in March (and it will be a two-parter), so that will be exciting when he gets the whole month to do two shows.

Originally Posted by: mellongraig93 

Warner Archive releases are like tomorrow, huh? Always coming, but they never actually come.
nickramer
a year ago

More than likely this show was taped well ahead of time, and I don't think he advertised any e-mails on the show anyway.

But, here you go folks - this is the link to watch the program as they're now on as we speak:

https://player.viloud.tv/embed/channel/a0a676e18cd317f88d9338a44b024195?fbclid=IwAR3yhEA-_fdIC6eJ9IWE_lK9rFoQGF6qIIVfy1FCjTVspnbccVEtJanZey0 

You were right. There were no emails this time, which was just as well considering how long the show was.

For those that are curious, here's what was shown on Jerry's Cartoon Corner:

Swing Monkey Swing (Columbia, 1937)

Toyland (Terrytoons, 1932)- 1940's Castle Films version

Bon Bon Parade (Columbia, 1935)

In addition, they showed a holiday ad for Cinemarks Theaters, several Puppetoon clips and trailers, and a CBS "Season's Greetings" ID.

mellongraig93
a year ago
Plus they were only on for just the second half of the show or thereabouts, so not the whole show - Dick DeBartolo (The Giz Wiz) was on before then for the first half of this show. And they were on via Zoom rather than Skype, so with the Christmas Gift Guide it was tough to get e-mails in, and even if they did come in it would likely be forwarded to them off air just because there wasn't enough time.

Based on the calendar Jerry Beck is expected to come back on March 8 (International Women's Day), and March 22, so if you're planning to send an e-mail it's best to get it in before the taping session of the first part since both halves will be done all in one shooting. I expect there will be a lot of Warner Archive news by then.
Kristjan
a year ago
Jerry and Arnold were on bit to late for me on so I went to bed.
Seems I didn't mis to much then, if what I´m reading on here is correct.
Although I still considering watching the second half of the show.

With that said, We don't know if Warner Bros Discovery merger is (still?) affecting things when it comes to latest Warner Archive releases, even if Jerry didn't expect the merger to affect things much at Warner Archive. But who knows I mean just look at the DC comics properties various shows and films seems to be cancelled and rebooted or not cancelled and not rebooted depending on in which direction the wind blows ever since the merger happened for example.

However it must be said Warner Archive seems/were all to be al to happy to release Taft era Hanna-Barbera shows nobody actually wants, that was even before the merger, but I'm not sure what latest releases are from Warner Archive now after the merger. I wouldn't be socked if it was more of the same as pre-Merger i.e releasing stuff nobody wants (Taft-Era Hanna-Barbera, obscure Live-Action films) while sitting on things everyone wants i.e More MGM cartoons, More Popeyes, More Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies.

Personally I would have thought that they could have collected more of these HBO Max/MeTV restorations and released them on blu-ray before Christmas this year, bit similar to what they did with the the Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection two years ago. (I know this set was from the main WHV rather than Warner Archive, now I don't know if the later is formal sub-division or just an informal label they use so they can more easily sell stuff they think is more obscure to release), im not going to discuss the controversy around the BB80 set here its been done to death by now.

With all that said its worth mentioning that Jerry did warn us back in August that there might not be anything new come this December, and it has turned out to be the case by sound of things. So If you guys cannot wait until March to find out what is next for Warner Archive then I suppose you could always email Jerry now and ask. He will then tell you or he wont. As for Warner Archive they could always announce things out of the blue between now and March, they don't need Stu Show to annonce their latest releases when it comes to theatrical classic cartoons even if its always more fun hearing first from Jerry on Stu Show.

https://thunderbeanshop.com/thunderbean-status/  although it must be said its bit disapointing that Flip-The Frog set isn´t out yet as Jerry said it would be before Christmas, on his previous Stu-Show visit back in August. However I will cut Steve some slack as he seems to have way to much on his plate.
Leviathan
a year ago

With that said, We don't know if Warner Bros Discovery merger is (still?) affecting things when it comes to latest Warner Archive releases, even if Jerry didn't expect the merger to affect things much at Warner Archive. But who knows I mean just look at the DC comics properties various shows and films seems to be cancelled and rebooted or not cancelled and not rebooted depending on in which direction the wind blows ever since the merger happened for example..

Originally Posted by: Kristjan 

It's not affecting things at all. WAC has bumped up its release calendar from two discs a month to five. George Feltenstein is going on podcasts promising a return to form and lots of classic animation for 2023.

Why can't we ever get a straight answer out of Jerry? Is George Feltenstein lying, or wrong?
nickramer
a year ago
Because Jerry would get in trouble with Warners if he spills the beans before he gets their approval and I don't think that be worth it.
fulano7
a year ago

Originally Posted by: Leviathan 

Warner Archive releases are like tomorrow, huh? Always coming, but they never actually come.

I swear, if I had TONS of money, I'd engage more in charity, education and infrastructure initiatives etc. And also would try to take 20th Century art away from the hands of megacorps... In other words I'd try to buy Disney, MGM and Warner cartoons or license them to some independent producer and distributor (Thunderbean or others).
I always come to TTTP in Exile in the hope of finding news about Warner announcing Tex Avery Collection.

Quick Reply

© 2024 - YetAnotherForum.NET