RareSox
2023-04-18T12:56:10Z
I'm not even going to make a "Columbia House" or "SMC aired redrawn cartoon" joke. I already know where this is heading.
RareSox
2023-04-21T11:28:40Z
Just tell me what happens on TIWM to see if Cross Country Detours is actually uncut on weekdays.

I'm not going to put myself through watching it again for a ruined gag. Two ruined gags, actually.
Slowly I Turn
2023-04-21T13:19:15Z
I had Cross Country Detour on in the background so I didn't notice if there were cuts however I did notice they ran a commercial break during it.
RareSox
2023-04-21T13:56:18Z
Originally Posted by: Slowly I Turn 

I had Cross Country Detour on in the background so I didn't notice if there were cuts however I did notice they ran a commercial break during it.

I know it's not the first time this happened. Back in 2021, my tv station ran a commercial break over Surf-Bored Cat that stretched until the middle segment in Toon in with Me.

Although I did hear from a friend that the suicide gag was uncut in today's airing of Cross Country Detours, so the uncut stuff* may have been reserved for weekdays.

*blackface jokes not withstanding but it's fully understandable why they were cut period, but that's another conversation.
Einhander
2023-04-22T05:07:58Z
Can confirm Cross Country Detours aired uncut.
S. C. MacPeter
2023-04-22T13:58:40Z
Neal Sabin has confirmed on FB that the Pink Panther and DPF shorts are leaving MeTV, though they may return in the future
RareSox
2023-04-22T18:42:49Z
I see. The contract wasn't quite renewed, make way for the Fleischer stuff, I guess. Maybe we'll get more in the future.
Bobby Bickert
2023-04-22T19:42:36Z
Originally Posted by: RareSox 

Originally Posted by: Slowly I Turn 

I know it's not the first time this happened. Back in 2021, my tv station ran a commercial break over Surf-Bored Cat that stretched until the middle segment in Toon in with Me.

There was a commercial break during "Popeye the Sailor Meets Sindbad the Sailor" when it aired as part of the "Party to the Max" episode of Toon In With Me, even though all of the Popeye two-reelers have aired without commercial breaks on Saturday Morning Cartoons. (And all of the Popeye two-reelers aired without commercial breaks on WTBS, TNT, Cartoon Network and the Nostalgia Channel.)

nickramer
2023-04-23T04:32:16Z
Any news about more animation stuff coming to METV?
Bobby Bickert
2023-04-23T19:35:01Z
Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

Neal Sabin has confirmed on FB that the Pink Panther and DPF shorts are leaving MeTV, though they may return in the future

I wonder if MeTV will start showing Columbia Color Rhapsodies (and maybe other color Columbia cartoons) in their place? Color Rhapsodies have occasionally aired on MeTV, so they must have some kind of rights to air at least some of the Columbia cartoons.

Bobby Bickert
2023-05-20T21:23:24Z
Stupid edit this morning: "Apes of Wrath" was missing the stork hitting Bugs on the head with a club. (But none of the other "violence" was edited out.)

Also, "Puppet Love" was preceded by a disclaimer about ethnic stereotypes. But Popeye, Olive and Bluto are the only people in it!

P.S. My cable TV box's guide still says "Popeye and Pink Panther's Party" even though it's back to all Popeye cartoons.
RareSox
2023-06-08T18:34:42Z
Second appearance of Mammy Two-Shoes spotted on today's TIWM airing of The Little Orphan is spotted.
Bradskey
2023-06-15T04:45:51Z
Maybe off topic. I know some people want them to just show cartoons, but I think TIWM has gotten better lately. The older comedy skit stuff was amusing sometimes but a little weak overall. It has taken more of an educational angle lately, sometimes about animation but often just about generational pop culture, especially recognizable by gen X and boomers I'm guessing. Anyway, I like it.

Beyond that, I generally like the Sunday night block on MeTV+ best for a little more variety and obscurity of toons and definitely more Color Rhapsodies. The SatAm stuff is pretty much rotated to death and there is only an occasional new debut on weekdays. DFE seems to be off the rotation now also. I'm busy and not watching too closely, just catch it when I can, so if that's old news so be it.
Einhander
2023-06-15T20:43:49Z
Acutally I did notice that the format for the wraparound segments changed once they stopped showing the DFE cartoons.
FoxInAFix
2023-08-04T18:44:08Z
Woody Woodpecker and Friends on MeTV starting in September!
RareSox
2023-08-04T19:25:25Z
Correct. Hopefully we get to see restorations take shape.
Jonathan Wilson
2023-08-17T18:40:35Z
Bobby Bickert
2023-08-17T20:41:34Z
What's up with that "Guess who?"? It sounds like Gracie Lantz's first voicing of Woody in Destination Moon.
Slowly I Turn
2023-08-21T13:34:42Z
The first two weeks of titles for the new Woody Woodpecker and Friends

9/2 8:00AM Ballyhooey, Sh-h-h-h-h-h, Knock Knock, Polar Pests, Man's Best Friend, Plumber of Seville, The Loose Nut

9/9 8:00AM Wet Blanket Policy, Fish Fry, Dig That Dog, The Sleeping Princess, All Hams On Deck, Case of the Red-Eyed Ruby, Niagara Fools
nickramer
2023-08-22T14:23:23Z
Well, so far, it looks like they are scheduled to air just two later Smith shorts and they are fortunately only in the second week. I was afraid they would show more.