eutychus
2021-12-23T19:34:01Z
I know I don't post much here except in an official capacity, something I have good intentions of correcting with the new year. So, I assume many of you don't really know me that well and are wondering who's that guy behind the curtain. This year for me has been completely bonkers crazy what with COVID throwing monkey wrenches into everything and also causing me to have to work insane hours at my regular job (Target) which shows no sign of abating anytime soon. Financially, we've been able to keep our heads above water so hopefully that trend will continue. And our researchers here have been insane in the amount of contributions they've been adding and sending in, which although it makes more work for me, I'm absolutely not complaining about. Keep it coming!

So, I just wanted to take this time to thank you for the year here at the Internet Animation Database and wish everybody Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas (pick one) and my fondest best wishes for the new year!
kintutoons32
2021-12-24T01:29:12Z
Thanks for the season's greetings, but are you still going to be taking screenshots during the winter break?
Lee B
2021-12-24T14:58:22Z
Eutychus-
Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into maintaining all of this, and for another year of giving us all a place to hang and talk (or occasionally argue! 😃) about something we all enjoy so much. It is appreciated, perhaps during years like this more than ever.

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season!
nickramer
2021-12-24T21:29:28Z
Happy holidays, Eutychus, and thanks for all your time and patience on operating this site.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-12-31T21:29:56Z
Perhaps late for Christmas, but Happy New Year Eutychus! Wishing you the best 2022 experience that can be had! (It's been hard to call years anything besides an experience at this point)
Toonatic
2022-01-02T23:51:06Z
A Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday, and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you alll!!!! :)

In my household, we're still celebrating the holidays and I hope you are too. Hope your Christmases were and are still wonderful. My family and I sure had a blast. 🙂
Zachary
2022-01-14T07:03:35Z
It's been quite a time here as well. Finally lost my mother to cancer on the 1st, so New Year's Day 2022 got to be a "new beginning" in more ways than one, and not happily so either. By the way, if you think people claiming someone died "peacefully" is actually truthful, in cases like this anyway, you have another thing coming to you. Or at least I'm not going to pretend to know what it's like to go through those "death throes" that based on the information from hospice are all too normal, to say nothing of the decline leading up to them.

Posting here more would make a good new year's resolution for many of us I suspect, not the least of whom being me. All the insight I've gleaned simply by bothering to actually study various series over the past handful of years isn't doing much to cure ignorance and advance appreciation of those cartoons and artists if it's largely just sitting inside my brain; and I'm not all that inclined to start a blog or website for it, as if this community needs even more fragmentation of that sort. This forum could use more nerding out about the films themselves, the people behind them, and their artistic sensibilities and styles, not unlike back in the GAC and early IAD days. It's not like there aren't things to discuss—especially when you go beyond the traditional comfort zones and give the more neglected things their due. But us cartoon nerds that still come around here seem to have slid into a rut of just lurking and waiting for the other guy to come up with something. Heck, Patrick even opened up the "Cartoon Discussion of..." board for all of us to showcase cartoons "whenever we feel like it", and we have yet to do anything with it. Simply liking cartoons and reading about them, and merely discussing new restorations or TV airings that are coming out, is easy; it takes actual brainwork to reflect on why films deserve attention (or not) or study them and their history, and to write about it.
nickramer
2022-01-15T15:25:40Z
I'm sorry to hear that, Zachary. My grandmother passed away a few days after Christmas and we had her memorial on New Year's Eve, so I know how you feel.
S. C. MacPeter
2022-01-15T16:28:27Z
My condolences to you both, may they rest peacefully