PopKorn Kat
2022-04-11T03:29:56Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Also, "Somewhere in Dreamland" has color flickering problems during the begining in the new print.

Fair criticism, but that wasn't a Warner Archive restoration job, to my knowledge.
matbezlima
2022-04-11T10:02:27Z
Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski 

This was a 4K restoration job. That's why it's a problem. It likely won't ever get revisited for many decades. If at all. Which is why Rabbit of Seville has been at the wrong speed for 20 years, Back Alley Oproar's HD master has had glitched animation, several classic Tom & Jerrys including two Oscar-winners look like garbage, Fast and Furry-Ous and Long-Haired Hare have bad DNR... etcetera, etcetera.

The cartoons were scanned in 4K, but they weren't released in 4K. That's my point.

Besides, it never hurts to not lose hope completely.
FoxInAFix
2022-04-11T17:51:33Z
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

Also, "Somewhere in Dreamland" has color flickering problems during the begining in the new print.

Fair criticism, but that wasn't a Warner Archive restoration job, to my knowledge.

From what I understood, Thad actually worked on that. So maybe he knows more about that. Personally, I didn't catch any flickering, but that might just be how the original negatives look. We want restorations to look the closest to how the intended audience saw these films.
PopKorn Kat
2022-04-11T17:56:19Z
Originally Posted by: FoxInAFix 

From what I understood, Thad actually worked on that. So maybe he knows more about that. Personally, I didn't catch any flickering, but that might just be how the original negatives look. We want restorations to look the closest to how the intended audience saw these films.

You're correct, but I'm not entirely sure why nickramer had to jump in with this out of nowhere in a topic about a Tex Avery Blu-Ray.
S. C. MacPeter
2022-04-11T20:00:52Z
Pardon my correction, but Dreamland wasn’t restored from the camera negative, it was restored from the preservation neg. One generation down, though not the biggest difference
Thad Komorowski
2022-04-12T17:28:05Z

Originally Posted by: FoxInAFix 

You're correct, but I'm not entirely sure why nickramer had to jump in with this out of nowhere in a topic about a Tex Avery Blu-Ray.

It's a dig. And when you're that stupid, your digs don't land.
PopKorn Kat
2022-04-12T17:53:30Z
And I think that's my cue to say we should drop this topic before things get too heated.

From this point on, please keep the thread on the topic of Tex Avery Screwball Classics Vol. 3. Thank you.
eutychus
2022-04-12T21:33:53Z

And I think that's my cue to say we should drop this topic before things get too heated.

From this point on, please keep the thread on the topic of Tex Avery Screwball Classics Vol. 3. Thank you.

And I should note that any further digs will get you either a time out or an outright ban. Look, I know this place isn't that important as far as the general animation community goes, but we're still going to uphold some standards and that includes keeping the conversations civil. If you have complaints about something, make it respectful and make sure it's in the proper place.
Thad Komorowski
2022-04-12T22:51:42Z
Nickramer stalks me everywhere to get in a rude dig, even IRL public on two occasions where he made sure to talk shit about me in earshot, once to a friend (who he hilariously thought was my girlfriend and still proceeded to talk about how much he hated me) and even to my own father. He's uncivil and I'll respond in kind.
eutychus
2022-04-12T23:27:25Z
Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski 

Nickramer stalks me everywhere to get in a rude dig, even IRL public on two occasions where he made sure to talk shit about me in earshot, once to a friend (who he hilariously thought was my girlfriend and still proceeded to talk about how much he hated me) and even to my own father. He's uncivil and I'll respond in kind.

Not here you won't. 30 day suspension. I've had enough.