Mesterius
2021-09-08T01:57:37Z
Originally Posted by: SuperMuppet64 

jerry's sheer confidence in a volume 4, plus apparently george being in a higher position than he was before (dont remember where i heard that, mightve been here) seems a little telling. but no counting your chickens before they hatch

Sheer confidence? Jerry is only hinting that there MIGHT be a Volume 4. Those new WAC restoration projects he's talking about may very well be something completely different.
Ian L.
2021-09-08T13:14:44Z
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the only titles not released in this Screwball Classics line are:
-Henpecked Hoboes
-Uncle Tom's Cabana
-Half Pint Pygmy
-Lucky Ducky
-Droopy's Good Deed
-Millionaire Droopy (a remake anyway)
-Cat's Meow (a remake anyway)

Did I miss anything? I'm not sure seven cartoons is enough for a fourth volume unless it's at budget price. Plus many of these are... problematic.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-09-08T13:49:22Z
Yeah that's right. I'm most disappointed about Henpecked Hoboes and Lucky Ducky, I think their essential Avery (particularly Lucky Ducky, I don't think he could ever do a hunting picture wrong), but we'll wait and see
SuperMuppet64
2021-09-08T15:10:52Z
Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

jerry's sheer confidence in a volume 4, plus apparently george being in a higher position than he was before (dont remember where i heard that, mightve been here) seems a little telling. but no counting your chickens before they hatch

Sheer confidence? Jerry is only hinting that there MIGHT be a Volume 4. Those new WAC restoration projects he's talking about may very well be something completely different.

i feel in the past none of jerry's "hints" were ever this definite. im not saying a volume 4 is gonna happen. but his comments are leaning towards "it probably will"
S. C. MacPeter
2021-09-08T16:14:02Z
Even if I am happy at the idea of volume 4, volume 3 merely happening has made me happy, after months of no clues and just waiting. When I heard that George returned I thought they would only begin now, but I'm glad it happened under people's noses and done the right way while correcting whatever cartoons they could. I'll like to make one comparison: Little Tinker I always thought had an unusually good Turner print, until yesterday.

This is how Little Tinker looks on the Turner print
UserPostedImage

This is the image Jerry posted yesterday. Notice a stronger depth in colors, and the fact you can see the Skunk's outlines. Of course, this is natural from using the best 35mm sources but worth noting nonetheless
UserPostedImage
Mesterius
2021-09-09T00:06:04Z

Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

i feel in the past none of jerry's "hints" were ever this definite. im not saying a volume 4 is gonna happen. but his comments are leaning towards "it probably will"

Jerry also said after the backlash with Porky Pig 101 that Warner Archive would never again put out a set where the cartoons weren't properly restored. Then look what happened with Avery Volume 2.

The simple truth is that Jerry is a consultant for Warner Bros., not one of the bosses there. He pushes to get things released (and hopefully restored well), but with Warner these days, there's no guarantee for anything.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-09-13T00:09:06Z
Something interesting on the Cartoon Research FB

Jerry was asked if Wild and Wolfy would appear with the original opening, to which he said not, but that WB does have an original nitrate that's sadly unacceptable (me thinks it's a little deteriorated), but he posted a photo of said nitrate, which seems to be an image I had shared on the vol 2 thread long ago. I'd post the image but I'm having issues, but you can view the post here