nickramer
2021-08-01T05:01:31Z
Well, once again it's that time of year and CAPA is doing their annual Summer Movies series at the Ohio Theatre which includes their two "Cartoon Caper shows. And today was the first one.

Before I list them, yes, there was a Cartoon Caper show last year, but because of the pandemic, it was shown in early Fall. As the vaccines were still being worked on, I didn't want to take any chances and didn't go. I did email CAPA and ask if they could mail me their double-sided program so I could find out what played, but they didn't print any for COVID safety related reasons. This situation continued this year and I ended up writing the lineup down on my notebook (while wearing a mask).

As usual, it was an all Warner owned selection and all the film were shown digitally which means they were the same versions restored for DVD and such and had the present DVNR in "Gorilla of My Dreams". Anyway, here's was the Saturday morning lineup (with no smilies this time):

Cartoon Capers 2021, July 31st

Hare Remover (Warners, 1946)

Deduce, You Say (Warner, 1956)

Sufferin' Cats (MGM, 1943)

Going! Going! Gosh! (Warners, 1952)

Odor-able Kitty (Warners, 1945)

The Bear and the Hare (MGM, 1948)

Bugs Bunny Rides Again (Warners, 1948)

Gorilla of My Dreams (Warners, 1948)

A Gruesome Twosome (Warners, 1945)

The Bowling Alley Cat (MGM, 1942)

Duck Soup to Nuts (Warners, 1944)

Little Buck Cheeser (MGM, 1937)

The Bulleteers (Fleischers, 1942)

Little Red Riding Rabbit (Warners, 1944)

Overall, a good turnout. Next Sunday (August 8th), will be an afternoon screening of "Pinocchio" (1940) which I'm also planning to go, even if its' digital (no film prints this year due to the pandemic) and on August 28th will be the other "Cartoon Capers" screening which I also hope to attend. Please stay tune for updates.
nickramer
2021-08-29T04:45:49Z
First off, in case you were wondering, the "Pinocchio" screening was quite good. The digital print shown at least had all the dialog present in the "Give a Little Whistle" sequence which I was quite pleased with.

Anyway, Saturday was the second of the two "Cartoon Capers" show at the Ohio Theater. Again, I wrote down the selections in my notebook which was sometime difficult to do in the dark. The lineup was quite good and it was bookend by two Clampett Millstones from 1946. As I mentioned before, the cartoons were all shown digital and I'm pretty sure the last short was unfortunately the same DVNR version that was used since the Golden Collection but that didn't really ruined my experience on the screening. And now, here is the line-up(although, I might have forgotten to write down one short):

Cartoon Capers 2021, August 28th

The Great Piggy Bank Robbery (Warners, 1946)

The Bodyguard (MGM, 1944)

Beep, Beep (Warners, 1952)

Plumbing is a 'Pipe' (Fleischers, 1938)

Kit for Kat (Warners, 1948)

Baby Buggy Bunny (Warners, 1954)

A Ham in a Role (Warners, 1949)

To Duck or Not to Duck (Warners, 1943)

The Cat and the Mermouse (MGM, 1949)

Ventriloquist Cat (MGM, 1950)

Bear Feat (Warners, 1949)

Terror on the Midway (Fleischers, 1942)

The Big Snooze (Warners, 1946)

Overall, a nice lineup. I just wish I didn't feel like I forgotten a short.