eutychus
2021-07-16T19:56:52Z
A lot of the entries I get in the corrections thread are name corrections, so I'm going to try to automate that process a little. Now, at the bottom of each artist's filmography page there will be a button which will take you to a page which will allow you to enter a corrected name. That way, once I get around to doing corrections, I can do them as a batch rather than individually.

A few things I'm working on in association with this:

1: The ability to merge two artists automatically.

2: A table of "common" names. For example, I think it might confuse people to see 'Jose Cuauhtemoc "Bill" Melendez' in an cartoon entry where it would be more meaningful to just have it say 'Bill Melendez.' So the cartoon entry would look for the more common name and the full name would be listed on the individual artist page.

3: Would it be helpful if we also had an space where you could add a "credited as" entry in case artists are credited by a different name than they are usually known?

4: I think Toonatic mentioned this quite a while ago, but we should also have the ability to add additional voice credits for characters, especially in anime where the dubbed American voices would most likely be different from the original Japanese voices.

Let me know your thoughts and how it works for you!
EmiozunaToonz
2021-07-16T23:22:15Z
1.The option of automatic merge would save a lot time.

2.Yup, that would make more sense and quite easy than now. (I wonder about japanese Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana, though.)

3.There have been a few cases of artists with pseudonyms, so that's a valid option.

4.I'm not too into English dubs of Anime (with the exception of DBZ), but I guess it should work.
Toonatic
2021-07-17T18:21:01Z
Can't wait to test this feature out! :)

Incidentally, I think we should also use this feature in case we also need to update Character names.
EmiozunaToonz
2021-07-29T05:06:14Z
Originally Posted by: eutychus 

4: I think Toonatic mentioned this quite a while ago, but we should also have the ability to add additional voice credits for characters, especially in anime where the dubbed American voices would most likely be different from the original Japanese voices.

That brings into a minor detail. If those  two  shows (Vehicle Team and Lion Force Voltron) are respectively based on Dairugger XV and GoLion, what should we do about them (especially considering the latter series' american-exclusive episodes)?