PEANUTS BACK ON TV THANKS TO PBS!!!! - Forum.
Toonatic
  • Toonatic
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-11-18T20:31:20Z
Great news today!!! Peanuts are coming back to regular TV starting Sunday thanks to PBS!!!

https://deadline.com/202...as-pbs-apple-1234617826/ 

And PBS is perfect; no edits, no time-compression, no commercial interruptions, the PERFECT place for Peanuts to continue!

Time to break out into our Snoopy dance! 😃
Slowly I Turn
2020-11-21T16:25:38Z
This is good news but where I live right now it is only going to be shown on the PBS Kids channel, an OTA sub channel of PBS. I think this will limit exposure a lot. I have an antenna so I can get it but it is not on my Direct TV which carries the regular PBS local station. The Christmas show is currently scheduled the same way. I'm holding out hope they will change that and put it on regular PBS.
Toonatic
  • Toonatic
2020-11-21T18:43:33Z
Sorry to hear that.

But surely you must have a TV somewhere requiring no cable box but does have PBS?

Speaking of channels, I check my provider and the Thanksgiving special is airing on WLIW21 at 7:30pm and PBS Kids at 8pm both in the New Jersey area.
PopKorn Kat
2020-11-21T23:28:01Z
Might be different from affiliate to affiliate. My PBS affiliate, KQED, is airing the special at 7:30 PM PST (natch) on both KQED 9 and PBS Kids. 
Slowly I Turn
2020-11-22T14:21:44Z
Toonatic, I may have not been clear. Yes, I have PBS, but no, the regular PBS station
(detroit area) is not showing it. Only PBS Kids is showing it in this area, which is not carried by Direct TV in my area. For me PBS Kids is OTA and yes I do have an antenna so I can see it. I'm just wondering how many people in this area will know about that and the audience would likely be much larger if it is on regular PBS which pretty much anybody can find on satellite, cable or whatever. Anyway, it is better than Apple only.
Peace.
HeySteve
2020-11-22T14:35:09Z
Originally Posted by: Slowly I Turn 

Toonatic, I may have not been clear. Yes, I have PBS, but no, the regular PBS station
(detroit area) is not showing it. Only PBS Kids is showing it in this area, which is not carried by Direct TV in my area. For me PBS Kids is OTA and yes I do have an antenna so I can see it. I'm just wondering how many people in this area will know about that and the audience would likely be much larger if it is on regular PBS which pretty much anybody can find on satellite, cable or whatever. Anyway, it is better than Apple only.
Peace.

I'm also in the Detroit area, and I get my TV OTA, but I do know that most of the sub-channels from the local stations are available on cable as well. A quick check shows that Comcast does have PBS Kids. Still, the question is how many people in the area are subscribed to Comcast and don't know that they have PBS Kids in their channel lineup
Toonatic
  • Toonatic
2020-11-22T20:25:03Z
If I may, by the time this news hit it's my belief everyone is now aware. Will everyone be able to watch it? Depends; if you have PBS or any of its affiliates either through cable, regular/OTA television, or streaming. Will it be a success? Absolutely.

I'm definitely tuning into it tonight on my affiliate and I really do hope you'll be able to catch it too.

Also, A Charlie Brown Christmas is set to air next month so the media will be able to get wind of it soon enough if they haven't already.
nickramer
2020-11-23T06:03:36Z
A note about it's airing on PBS stations: When it aired on PBS Kids, the aspect ratio was not correct as it was stretched vertically as if it was shown on a mobile device. However, when aired on a regular PBS station, it was shown in it's correct aspect ratio. In other words, I reccomend watching it on your local PBS station and not PBS Kids.