Tex Avery Volume 2 announced!!!!- Page 8 - Forum.
Gilition
2021-01-11T23:46:42Z
Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

Jerry Beck posted this photo on Facebook earlier today on the Cartoon Research group, when people were talking about the difference in the poster. The VERY clean look makes me think volume 3 will use an original Wild and Wolfy original poster[/img]nal print of Wild and Wolfy, which would make it worth buying alone. Wild and Wolfy original wanted poster

This might be a scan they did for Volume 2 before lockdown. Looks a bit damaged to be restored but really fucking cool that they found a better print with OG titles
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-11T23:49:56Z
Originally Posted by: Gilition 

Jerry Beck posted this photo on Facebook earlier today on the Cartoon Research group, when people were talking about the difference in the poster. The VERY clean look makes me think volume 3 will use an original Wild and Wolfy original poster[/img]nal print of Wild and Wolfy, which would make it worth buying alone. Wild and Wolfy original wanted poster

This might be a scan they did for Volume 2 before lockdown. Looks a bit damaged to be restored but really fucking cool that they found a better print with OG titles

That's what I'm thinking, it's unlike any other way you can find the rare original print. Gives me hope that WB sought out other prints for Tex's cartoons with rare original pieces (Lucky Ducky, Kaulser's Shooting of Dan McGoo OG print)
Gilition
2021-01-11T23:54:36Z

That's what I'm thinking, it's unlike any other way you can find the rare original print. Gives me hope that WB sought out other prints for Tex's cartoons with rare original pieces (Lucky Ducky, Kaulser's Shooting of Dan McGoo OG print)

Seems highly likely. Jerry was the one who made it public that a print with OG titles had been discovered for both cartoons
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-11T23:59:34Z
In the end it's up to WB to decide that, considering Jerry also doesn't owner either print is a bit disappointing in those regards too (though Mark seems open to letting his collection be scanned [Clock Cleaners original print] as of yet). Jerry talked about it on Stu's Show, and he sounded more confident in usual that rare outsourced prints might be used. Overall, if Wild and Wolfy, Dan McGoo, and Lucky Ducky had those original elements used, it would be worth 20 bucks on it's own
Mesterius
2021-01-12T00:32:45Z

Could you link to the FB post? There are three million posts on the Cartoon Research group every day, I can't find the one you're talking about.

Anyway, that framegrab looks pretty close to Steve Stanchfield's print :

UserPostedImage
nickramer
2021-01-12T05:39:39Z
I hope the found original version of "The Shooting of Dan McGoo" (1945) will be included too.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-12T13:02:04Z
I see, if I were to imagine what volume 3 has, here's what it is:
Blitz Wolf
The Early Bird Dood It!
One Ham's Family
Happy-Go-Nutty
The Shooting of Dan McGoo
Jerky Turkey
Swing Shift Cinderella
Wild and Woolfy
Northwest Hounded Police
Henpecked Hoboes
Slap Happy Lion
King-Size Canary
What Price Fleadom
Little 'Tinker
Lucky Ducky
Señor Droopy
Cock-a-Doodle Dog
Droopy's Good Deed
Rock-a-Bye Bear
Little Johnny Jet
Billy Boy
Deputy Droopy
Cellbound

Now, if the original vol 2 never fell out of place, I could see it covering 42-49 keyly, with a few from 50-52, though I imagine before lockdown from how Jerry sounded only ones before 47-ish were being worked on

Jonathan Wilson
2021-01-12T15:32:38Z
Only thing left on Vol 3 would be Uncle Tom's Cabana and Half Pint Pygmy, but they would never let those leave the vault.
Gilition
2021-01-12T15:41:36Z
Originally Posted by: Jonathan Wilson 

Only thing left on Vol 3 would be Uncle Tom's Cabana and Half Pint Pygmy, but they would never let those leave the vault.

I mean I think it will be on Volume 3. Popeye had that cartoon with cannibals' (forgot the name) on Volume 1 so It's likely that those two would be on V.3
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-12T15:54:55Z
Jerry said those two aren't cleared yet, until then I think the list I wrote down is what volume 3 is gonna be. Don't get too confident yet
Gilition
2021-01-12T16:23:40Z

Jerry said those two aren't cleared yet, until then I think the list I wrote down is what volume 3 is gonna be. Don't get too confident yet

Yea, I'm being more cautious this time.
tashlinfan44
2021-01-12T16:54:28Z
Originally Posted by: Jonathan Wilson 

Jerry Said Pop Pie a La Mode was able to get onto Volume 1 of the Popeye Blu-rays because WB doesn't own Popeye. While WB does technically own George and Junior/Red, they're obscure characters, and I think the chance of those 2 being snuck onto the Blu-rays is high.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-12T17:47:54Z
Jerry only got What's Cookin' Doc restored and released because the title and basic idea doesn't mention anything on the reused footage from Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt. If the title has a reference to Indian culture, WB will outright reject it, but if it doesn't, it can be restored but not always released. But considering they keep a list of DO NOT RELEASE that's been heavily enforced. WB would need a lot of confidence to break that list, and make an archive collection featuring them, but fan demand won't cut it. The chances of them being restored is probably very low.
Gilition
2021-01-12T19:05:42Z

Jerry only got What's Cookin' Doc restored and released because the title and basic idea doesn't mention anything on the reused footage from Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt. If the title has a reference to Indian culture, WB will outright reject it, but if it doesn't, it can be restored but not always released. But considering they keep a list of DO NOT RELEASE that's been heavily enforced. WB would need a lot of confidence to break that list, and make an archive collection featuring them, but fan demand won't cut it. The chances of them being restored is probably very low.

Well, Big Heel-Watha was restored for Volume 1. Not to mention Bugs Bunny was being released for the Mass Market whereas Tex Avery is being released for the collectors
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-12T21:15:19Z

Well, Big Heel-Watha was restored for Volume 1. Not to mention Bugs Bunny was being released for the Mass Market whereas Tex Avery is being released for the collectors

Considering Archive cancelled the censored 11 collection (let's be frank, these two are the censored 11 of MGM) and we're never gonna ever get them at this rate, I still have low hope for them
Gilition
2021-01-12T22:41:10Z

Considering Archive cancelled the censored 11 collection (let's be frank, these two are the censored 11 of MGM) and we're never gonna ever get them at this rate, I still have low hope for them

I mean yea but that was cancelled years ago. Infact it wasn't even confirmed. All they really did was show seven remastered versions of them back in 2010. Besides Porky Pig 101 had a couple of racist cartoons on there (and those were difficult to add thanks in part due to Donald Trump wining the 2016 election). Not getting my hopes too high, after all they could not make it but I'm still willing to wait and see.
nickramer
2021-01-13T05:07:03Z
The two Avery MGM did get released on laserdisc a long time ago ("Pygmy" was on two). Plus, fifteen years ago, "Pygmy" was on TCM with disclaimer and unfortunately, the print was full of DVNR. But, of course, times have change.