MeTV launching "Toon In With Me" and "Saturday Morning Cartoons" in 2021- Page 6 - Forum.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-13T14:29:13Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

Roadrunner A Go-Go aired restored this morning
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage



What happened to the title card's color? Is the laserdisc print really that washed out?? RoadRunner A Go Go title HD
raginggoodfella
2021-01-15T00:11:20Z
In The Daffy Duck and Porky Pig cartoon, THUMB FUN, did anybody notice that Porky Pig sometimes had a blue neck?
Bradskey
2021-01-15T13:55:48Z
Originally Posted by: raginggoodfella 

In The Daffy Duck and Porky Pig cartoon, THUMB FUN, did anybody notice that Porky Pig sometimes had a blue neck?



Well I noticed the blue color from his shirt collar faintly bleeding onto his neck, if that's what you mean.

Day before was a decent a.a.p print of PD Popeye "Gopher Spinach". Nothing special, but those aap titles on broadcast are nostalgic for some of us.
Lee B
2021-01-15T22:28:41Z
Originally Posted by: raginggoodfella 

In The Daffy Duck and Porky Pig cartoon, THUMB FUN, did anybody notice that Porky Pig sometimes had a blue neck?



I didn't notice that. But I AM ashamed to admit that even after all these years, that was the first time I've ever noticed that Popeye and Olive's diner in "We Aim To Please" was a giant lunch box! I guess I've always been distracted by their singing in those early shots. That or I need to pay more attention.

At least we get MeTV thru Directv here in the Atlanta area, so I can DVR it and fast forward through the host segments. I think if I had to watch these in real time I'd lose my mind.
raginggoodfella
2021-01-15T22:47:56Z
Originally Posted by: Bradskey 

Originally Posted by: raginggoodfella 

In The Daffy Duck and Porky Pig cartoon, THUMB FUN, did anybody notice that Porky Pig sometimes had a blue neck?



Well I noticed the blue color from his shirt collar faintly bleeding onto his neck, if that's what you mean.

Day before was a decent a.a.p print of PD Popeye "Gopher Spinach". Nothing special, but those aap titles on broadcast are nostalgic for some of us.

Yes, that is what meant about Porky Pig’s shirt. I should have worded it differently/better.

MTGM
2021-01-16T13:52:03Z
Señor Droopy with Tex 2-esque presentation
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Mesterius
2021-01-16T14:30:55Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

Señor Droopy with Tex 2-esque presentation



Uh, sorry, what does "Tex 2-esque" mean? I'm sure there's a wordplay I'm missing here.
MTGM
2021-01-16T14:45:15Z
Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

Originally Posted by: MTGM 

Señor Droopy with Tex 2-esque presentation



Uh, sorry, what does "Tex 2-esque" mean? I'm sure there's a wordplay I'm missing here.



Trying to make a very brief comparison to the weaker half of the restorations on Volume 2 of the Screwball Classics.
Mesterius
2021-01-16T14:57:59Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

Originally Posted by: MTGM 

Señor Droopy with Tex 2-esque presentation



Uh, sorry, what does "Tex 2-esque" mean? I'm sure there's a wordplay I'm missing here.



Trying to make a very brief comparison to the weaker half of the restorations on Volume 2 of the Screwball Classics.



Sigh... so this is how Señor Droopy looks color-wise on Volume 2? That's terrible.
nickramer
2021-01-16T15:28:25Z
Umm............... "Senor Droopy" isn't even in Volume 2.

On a related not, a dark, unrestored version "Heavenly Puss" (1949) aired today as well.
MTGM
2021-01-16T16:15:47Z
Popeye: Aladdin and his Wonderful Lamp aired this morning with the two scenes of the racially insensitive servants edited out (the first one where Princess Olive is introduced and the second one where a treasure chest of jewels is sent to her room). The second scene just has a jumpcut between the Genie's balloon popping and the treasure chest being brought to Olive's room.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
(These are consecutive frames)
Mesterius
2021-01-16T16:40:40Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Umm............... "Senor Droopy" isn't even in Volume 2.

On a related not, a dark, unrestored version "Heavenly Puss" (1949) aired today as well.



Ah, so MTGM only meant to COMPARE it with the weaker restorations on Tex Avery Volume 2. Got it.

That dark version of "Heavenly Puss" that you mention (see framegrab below) IS actually the restored HD version, done for Tom and Jerry Golden Collection Volume 2. The colors in the old Turner TV print look a million times better. It's a prime example of how messed up many of Warner's restorations have been since 2012.

Heavenly Puss - HD remaster intended for Tom and Jerry Golden Collection Volume 2

Turner print framegrab for comparison:

UserPostedImage
Bradskey
2021-01-16T16:59:34Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

Popeye: Aladdin and his Wonderful Lamp aired this morning with the two scenes of the racially insensitive servants edited out (the first one where Princess Olive is introduced and the second one where a treasure chest of jewels is sent to her room). The second scene just has a jumpcut between the Genie's balloon popping and the treasure chest being brought to Olive's room.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
(These are consecutive frames)



It definitely aired (ota broadcast) unedited 30-something years ago, I remember laughing at it as a kid. It’s funny dialog.

Still this menagerie of cartoons every week is insanely great.
Thad Komorowski
2021-01-16T20:13:59Z
Senor Droopy also had a bit with the wolf smoking trimmed out.

UserPostedImage

Kind of strange, considering the whole preceding hour's star character always has a pipe.
Mesterius
2021-01-16T21:05:36Z
Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski 

Senor Droopy also had a bit with the wolf smoking trimmed out.

UserPostedImage

Kind of strange, considering the whole preceding hour's star character always has a pipe.



The difference is of course that Warner owns that Wolf character, and they're obviously making billions off him in kid merchandise every year.
nickramer
2021-01-17T04:28:06Z
Originally Posted by: Mesterius 




The difference is of course that Warner owns that Wolf character, and they're obviously making billions off him in kid merchandise every year.



Funny, I don't recall seeing much or any merch with the wolf character recently, especially ones geared to kids.
PopKorn Kat
2021-01-17T05:40:51Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Originally Posted by: Mesterius 




The difference is of course that Warner owns that Wolf character, and they're obviously making billions off him in kid merchandise every year.



Funny, I don't recall seeing much or any merch with the wolf character recently, especially ones geared to kids.



I haven't seen any recent merch of Tex's Wolf, and I'm unsure if any exists at all. At first I suspected it was a regional thing (Tex Avery's works are popular in France), but a Google search turned up an old Warner Bros. Studio Store plush, a few fanmade items, and nothing else. Maybe this refers to the Boomerang subscriptions or digital video downloads?
Toadette
2021-01-17T07:13:10Z
...I'm pretty sure Mesterius's comment was meant to be sarcastic, lol.
PopKorn Kat
2021-01-17T07:39:10Z
Originally Posted by: Toadette 

...I'm pretty sure Mesterius's comment was meant to be sarcastic, lol.



That actually makes sense, and it explains why "obvious" was emphasized. Interpreting tone is difficult through text.
MTGM
2021-01-18T13:59:04Z
Moby Duck and The Mouse on 57th Street restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage