MeTV launching "Toon In With Me" and "Saturday Morning Cartoons" in 2021- Page 5 - Forum.
Toadette
2021-01-10T16:07:31Z
Originally Posted by: Mario500 

Originally Posted by: Toadette 

Hey, Mario500, can you please actually type a proper response from this point on if you have something to say?

Thank you.

?

STOP with the vague observations in parentheses. If you want to point something out, why don’t you write actual messages like all the other posters are doing?
Mario500
2021-01-10T17:37:53Z

Hey, Mario500, can you please actually type a proper response from this point on if you have something to say?

Thank you.

?

STOP with the vague observations in parentheses. If you want to point something out, why don’t you write actual messages like all the other posters are doing?

Reasons of preference.
Bradskey
2021-01-10T17:50:56Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Originally Posted by: Bradskey 

Just watching my DVR of this morning. This week they've added "Quick Clips", at least during the Popeye hour. Just short segments of cartoons in a faux vintage TV bezel. But they're not as "quick" as one might think, running like a minute and a half or longer. At 3-4 per hour I'm not sure if these have cost us a full cartoon or not, but whatever.

How about that gorgeous print of Poor Cinderella? Looks a lot like the one Olive released on blu-ray? How did that happen?

The quick clips were also on "Tom and Jerry" and "Bugs Bunny". Also, the print of "The Wayward Pups" (1937) was full of noticeable DVNR and I THINK one of those recent doctored title cards.

There were more quick clips during the Popeye hour I think, but I did eventually see a couple during the later segments. I was sort of "live-blogging" halfway through my DVR recording.

I noticed the DVNR also. A lot of the Harman-Ising entries, including this one, were included as extras on back catalog DVDs more than a decade ago, at which time some careless application of DVNR should surprise nobody.
Toadette
2021-01-11T01:08:56Z

Reasons of preference.

It may be your personal style, but it's annoying and doesn't add anything to the discussion. If you don't stop with the vague-posting, you'll be banned for 30 days.

Thank you.
Mario500
2021-01-11T11:56:35Z

Reasons of preference.

It may be your personal style, but it's annoying and doesn't add anything to the discussion. If you don't stop with the vague-posting, you'll be banned for 30 days.

Thank you.

Why?

(note: lack of confidence in communicating in conversational ways (or shyness) was the main reason for the "style")
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-11T12:54:43Z
Blue ribbon ("well that's on me, hehehehe") but "Hobo Bobo" aired restored!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry, I know someone is recording this!
tashlinfan44
2021-01-11T13:14:46Z
Hobo Bobo aired restored in a gorgeous print with Photoshopped titles today. Someone earlier posted that, since an original nitrate camera neg exists, the original titles would be present, but the Blue Ribbon edits were made directly into the camera negs, so the camera neg existing is no proof that OG titles are out there.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-11T13:30:00Z
Originally Posted by: tashlinfan44 

Hobo Bobo aired restored in a gorgeous print with Photoshopped titles today. Someone earlier posted that, since an original nitrate camera neg exists, the original titles would be present, but the Blue Ribbon edits were made directly into the camera negs, so the camera neg existing is no proof that OG titles are out there.

Thad did say original titles were though found by someone else in poor condition. They do exist, though we know now WB doesn't have them and the original print is edited
Mario500
2021-01-11T13:43:22Z
Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

Blue ribbon ("well that's on me, hehehehe") but "Hobo Bobo" aired restored!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry, I know someone is recording this!

?

MTGM
2021-01-11T13:47:20Z
Hobo Bobo restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Edward Joseph
2021-01-11T16:39:06Z

Thad did say original titles were though found by someone else in poor condition. They do exist, though we know now WB doesn't have them and the original print is edited

Source?

S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-11T17:07:34Z
Originally Posted by: Edward Joseph 

Source?

Facebook, though group is private
Edward Joseph
2021-01-11T17:30:24Z

Source?

Facebook, though group is private

Okay, also why havent you given me the restoration of behind the meatball yet

tashlinfan44
2021-01-11T17:30:43Z

Source?

https://ibb.co/YX78Wm7 
Mario500
2021-01-11T22:39:42Z
"The Hannah & Fred Show (1-10-21)" (Facebook video) 

Quote:

We start this week "cartooning around" with Neal Sabin, the creator of MeTV's "Toon In With Me," and show host Bill Leff about combining sketch comedy and cartoons on a new nationally broadcast program.

Gilition
2021-01-11T23:38:43Z

Not to surprised honestly. A couple of cartoons like "Pigs in a Polka", "Thugs with Dirty Mugs" and "Daffy Dilly" have had their titles discovered/found but wasn't restored.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-12T00:05:11Z
Ditto with Bone Sweet Bone
tashlinfan44
2021-01-12T00:34:53Z
Originally Posted by: Gilition 

Not to surprised honestly. A couple of cartoons like "Pigs in a Polka", "Thugs with Dirty Mugs" and "Daffy Dilly" have had their titles discovered/found but wasn't restored.

On the contrary, there are a lot of reasons as to why those titles haven’t been put out. In the case of the first cartoon, only the original title art has surfaced, not a print. In the case of the second, only a segment of a print was found with the original titles. In the case of the last, the titles were found on a 16mm print, and Warners strictly uses 35mm for preservation purposes.

Warners has made it very clear that they are still avidly looking for original titles. Hot Cross Bunny clearly has its titles spliced on from an inferior print, signifying that they went on a search and found these particular titles. Jerry himself told me recently that WB will search for titles, assemble it digitally onto the camera negative, and use that digital print for preservation/restoration purposes. It’s not that they’re not trying, because they are. Good things come to those who wait.
MTGM
2021-01-13T13:34:04Z
Roadrunner A Go-Go aired restored this morning
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
tashlinfan44
2021-01-13T13:41:00Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

Roadrunner A Go-Go aired restored this morning
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Doesn't look restored to me. It's definitely a new transfer, though.