MeTV launching "Toon In With Me" and "Saturday Morning Cartoons" in 2021- Page 4 - Forum.
Mario500
2021-01-07T14:57:05Z
Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski 

What a thrill to see two black-and-white WB cartoons on today's show! A classic Clampett and an oddball Jack King... when was the last time that happened on TV? 1992?

Rabbit Rampage was the HBO Max version that looks excellent but probably has the worst redone titles of all (so bad part of the animator desk BG on the title card is literally a solid block cut and paste from elsewhere in the BG). I really hope they go back and fix these when/if they're put out on hard media but that's probably false hope.

And in two weeks, a bunch of 50s and 60s shorts, and of the middle of it all Bingo Crosbyana!

What "Bingo Crosbyana"?
Gilition
2021-01-07T17:59:16Z
I don't know if someone already pointed this out here, but when MeTV aired "Daredevil Droopy", it seemed like they aired an earlier restored version using the censored print with a overly blue color correction and DVNR. It seems like this one of the other cartoons that were restored by the HBO Max team. Why they gave/used a inferior version instead editing the WA restoration beats me.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Bradskey
2021-01-08T02:28:25Z

What a thrill to see two black-and-white WB cartoons on today's show! A classic Clampett and an oddball Jack King... when was the last time that happened on TV? 1992?

Rabbit Rampage was the HBO Max version that looks excellent but probably has the worst redone titles of all (so bad part of the animator desk BG on the title card is literally a solid block cut and paste from elsewhere in the BG). I really hope they go back and fix these when/if they're put out on hard media but that's probably false hope.

Loved the black&whites, saw the Bugs title goof, kinda hard to miss. It is getting a little odd though with all the Deitch (and Jones) Tom & Jerry’s. Can they not use the classic HB Tom & Jerry’s? Why would they choose these others so many times in a row? I know they have their fans, but they’re kinda terrible. Although I got some quirky amusement out of Dickie Moe. For Looney Toons we’re seeing everything from Beans to Cool Cat but T&J is all Deitch, one wonders what gives?
nickramer
2021-01-08T04:20:44Z
They showed "Cat's Concerto" (1947) on the second preview show and "The Dog House" (1952) in the second episode. Plus, "The Flying Cat" (1952) will be airing tomorrow.
Bradskey
2021-01-08T04:43:02Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

They showed "Cat's Concerto" (1947) on the second preview show and "The Dog House" (1952) in the second episode. Plus, "The Flying Cat" (1952) will be airing tomorrow.

You're right and I remember both now. It's still a lot of Deitch cartoons. It's like promising a Three Stooges marathon and running all the Joe Besser shorts.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-08T12:44:38Z
Originally Posted by: Mario500 

And in two weeks, a bunch of 50s and 60s shorts, and of the middle of it all Bingo Crosbyana!

What "Bingo Crosbyana"?

Yeah, not this Saturday, but next Saturday's Bugs Bunny and Friends Lineup:
BEWITCHED BUNNY (1954), BINGO CROSBYANA, HAWAIIAN AYE AYE (1964), A BROKEN LEGHORN, ZIPPING ALONG (1953), BIG TOP BUNNY (1951)

Mario500
2021-01-08T14:53:14Z

What "Bingo Crosbyana"?

Yeah, not this Saturday, but next Saturday's Bugs Bunny and Friends Lineup:
BEWITCHED BUNNY (1954), BINGO CROSBYANA, HAWAIIAN AYE AYE (1964), A BROKEN LEGHORN, ZIPPING ALONG (1953), BIG TOP BUNNY (1951)

Why no parentheses with numbers immediately after "BINGO CROSBYANA" and "A BROKEN LEGHORN"?
Thad Komorowski
2021-01-08T15:27:52Z
The plane-themed show and shout out to Avery was nice. (How can a show, even with its dumb wraparounds, that calls viewers attention to "the brilliant mind of Tex Avery" in the ads be a bad thing?) All were HD remastered versions, The Jet Cage was one of those HBO Max jobs with the stupid jump cut between the concentric rings and the credits. And everything was uncensored.
Justin Delbert
2021-01-09T15:28:30Z
Jan 11th-16th Keep in mind schedule now subject to change.

Jan 11th
Toon in With Me
DEVIL MAY HARE (1954), PIP-EYE, PUP-EYE, POOP-EYE AN’ PEEP-EYE, JERRY'S COUSIN, HOBO BOBO, ABOMINABLE SNOW RABBIT (1961)

Jan 12th
Toon in With Me
WACKY WABBIT, HOOK, LINE AND STINKER (1958), SUPER SNOOPER (1952), LUMBERJACK AND JILL, CANNED FEUD (1951)

Jan 13th
Toon in With Me
RABBIT FIRE (1951), JERRY'S DIARY, DROOPY'S DOUBLE TROUBLE, GOPHER SPINACH, ROADRUNNER A GO-GO
"Popeye battles a gopher over his precious spinach plants."

Jan 14th
Toon in With Me
THUMB FUN (1952), ROCK-N-RODENT, WE AIM TO PLEASE, WHAT'S OPERA DOC (1957), ALL FOWLED UP (1955)

Jan 15th
Toon in With Me
LITTLE RED RIDING RABBIT, DUEL PERSONALITY, THE SPINACH ROADSTER, HOPALONG CASUALTY (1960), ONE FROGGY EVENING (1955)

Jan 16th
Popeye and Pals
ALADDIN AND HIS WONDERFUL LAMP, GRAMPY’S INDOOR OUTING, MY POP, MY POP, PATRIOTIC POPEYE
"A thunderstorm stops Betty Boop and Little Jimmy from going to the carnival, so Grampy comes up with a solution., Popeye is enjoying watering
his patriotic garden on July 4 when he catches his nephews attempting to light fireworks."

The Tom and Jerry Show
HEAVENLY PUSS, LITTLE JOHNNY JET, FIT TO BE TIED, THE MAD MAESTRO, CHUMP CHAMP, DR. JEKYLL AND MR. MOUSE

Bugs Bunny and Friends
tashlinfan44
2021-01-09T18:19:00Z
Originally Posted by: Justin Delbert 

Jan 11th
Toon in With Me
DEVIL MAY HARE (1954), PIP-EYE, PUP-EYE, POOP-EYE AN’ PEEP-EYE, JERRY'S COUSIN, HOBO BOBO, ABOMINABLE SNOW RABBIT (1961)

Jan 12th
Toon in With Me
WACKY WABBIT, HOOK, LINE AND STINKER (1958), SUPER SNOOPER (1952), LUMBERJACK AND JILL, CANNED FEUD (1951)

Jan 13th
Toon in With Me
RABBIT FIRE (1951), JERRY'S DIARY, DROOPY'S DOUBLE TROUBLE, GOPHER SPINACH, ROADRUNNER A GO-GO
"Popeye battles a gopher over his precious spinach plants."

Jan 14th
Toon in With Me
THUMB FUN (1952), ROCK-N-RODENT, WE AIM TO PLEASE, WHAT'S OPERA DOC (1957), ALL FOWLED UP (1955)

Jan 15th
Toon in With Me
LITTLE RED RIDING RABBIT, DUEL PERSONALITY, THE SPINACH ROADSTER, HOPALONG CASUALTY (1960), ONE FROGGY EVENING (1955)

Jan 16th
Popeye and Pals
ALADDIN AND HIS WONDERFUL LAMP, GRAMPY’S INDOOR OUTING, MY POP, MY POP, PATRIOTIC POPEYE
"A thunderstorm stops Betty Boop and Little Jimmy from going to the carnival, so Grampy comes up with a solution., Popeye is enjoying watering
his patriotic garden on July 4 when he catches his nephews attempting to light fireworks."

The Tom and Jerry Show
HEAVENLY PUSS, LITTLE JOHNNY JET, FIT TO BE TIED, THE MAD MAESTRO, CHUMP CHAMP, DR. JEKYLL AND MR. MOUSE

Bugs Bunny and Friends

Gave me a good LOL at "THE MAD MAESTRO".
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-09T18:50:08Z
Originally Posted by: Justin Delbert 

Jan 11th
Toon in With Me

Very interested to see if Hobo Bobo will air restored as it's most likely gonna end up on HBO Max eventually. Also, according to Jerry Beck, an original nitrate camera neg exists of it, so we would see the original titles for it!
Bradskey
2021-01-09T19:24:53Z
Just watching my DVR of this morning. This week they've added "Quick Clips", at least during the Popeye hour. Just short segments of cartoons in a faux vintage TV bezel. But they're not as "quick" as one might think, running like a minute and a half or longer. At 3-4 per hour I'm not sure if these have cost us a full cartoon or not, but whatever.

How about that gorgeous print of Poor Cinderella? Looks a lot like the one Olive released on blu-ray? How did that happen?
Mario500
2021-01-09T20:21:32Z
Originally Posted by: Bradskey 

Loved the black&whites, saw the Bugs title goof, kinda hard to miss. It is getting a little odd though with all the Deitch (and Jones) Tom & Jerry’s. Can they not use the classic HB Tom & Jerry’s? Why would they choose these others so many times in a row? I know they have their fans, but they’re kinda terrible. Although I got some quirky amusement out of Dickie Moe. For Looney Toons we’re seeing everything from Beans to Cool Cat but T&J is all Deitch, one wonders what gives?

(disagrees with part of the message I had darkened)
Mario500
2021-01-09T20:40:14Z

Just watching my DVR of this morning. This week they've added "Quick Clips", at least during the Popeye hour. Just short segments of cartoons in a faux vintage TV bezel. But they're not as "quick" as one might think, running like a minute and a half or longer. At 3-4 per hour I'm not sure if these have cost us a full cartoon or not, but whatever.

How about that gorgeous print of Poor Cinderella? Looks a lot like the one Olive released on blu-ray? How did that happen?

(remembering having seen what I believed to had been some "Quick Clips" during more than one hour of "Saturday Morning Cartoons" programming for a certain Me-TV this Saturday)

Toadette
2021-01-09T20:44:02Z
Hey, Mario500, can you please actually type a proper response from this point on if you have something to say?

Thank you.
raginggoodfella
2021-01-10T00:10:01Z

The plane-themed show and shout out to Avery was nice. (How can a show, even with its dumb wraparounds, that calls viewers attention to "the brilliant mind of Tex Avery" in the ads be a bad thing?) All were HD remastered versions, The Jet Cage was one of those HBO Max jobs with the stupid jump cut between the concentric rings and the credits. And everything was uncensored.

I don’t remember these cartoons ever been censored on my local tv channels or cable channels back in the day. What was censored before?
nickramer
2021-01-10T05:20:40Z

The quick clips were also on "Tom and Jerry" and "Bugs Bunny". Also, the print of "The Wayward Pups" (1937) was full of noticeable DVNR and I THINK one of those recent doctored title cards.
Mario500
2021-01-10T13:41:40Z
Originally Posted by: Toadette 

Hey, Mario500, can you please actually type a proper response from this point on if you have something to say?

Thank you.

?

Originally Posted by: nickramer 

The quick clips were also on "Tom and Jerry" and "Bugs Bunny". Also, the print of "The Wayward Pups" (1937) was full of noticeable DVNR and I THINK one of those recent doctored title cards.

(quotes previous message of mine on this page)

(remembering having seen what I believed to had been some "Quick Clips" during more than one hour of "Saturday Morning Cartoons" programming for a certain Me-TV this Saturday)

(remembers having seen movies involving characters named Tom and Jerry and Bugs Bunny during the other hours of the programming I had mentioned in my previous message; does not remember any one of those hours having movies with all of those characters)
Looney Turtles
2021-01-10T14:48:39Z
It's cool to see they will be showing a "A Broken Leghorn". That was one of the few Foghorn shorts they would never show on Boomerang.

And this week, it looks like they will be showing "Moby Duck," the first Speedy short on MeTV, and the first time a Speedy short aired in the US since 2016 (Boomerang randomly aired a couple of them that year).
Feel free to check out my new Looney Tunes board here: http://s15.zetaboards.co...ooney_Tunes_Board/index/