PopKorn Kat
2021-07-28T23:48:22Z
Roxen Trail
2021-07-30T01:29:53Z
Thanks! I'll try that later though.

Anyways, while we still await for the recent MeTV news, I have this one thing non-related to MeTV that has been stuck on my chest, and would really like people to see if anyone will be surprised by this, but... They

WB is actually planning on doing a revival "Looney Tunes Super Stars" DVD sets through a website tutorial model for the future! I'm NOT KIDDING when I say this, just look!

http://www.dohtem.com/bugs/superstars.htm 

While Jerry Beck (I presume) states that this is "purely fanboy wishful thinking", he also states that this is grounded in reality, meaning that this could happen sometime very later in the future or so...

Also, just notice how there's dozens of "politically incorrect", black-and-white, post-1964, and modern day revival shorts on these sets, something that the previous Super Stars DVDs, for the most part, lacked. The only thing that these sets don't have are shorts littered with over-the-top offensive content, such as "The Censored Eleven", "Goin' to Heaven on a Mule", "Tokio Jokio", "Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips", and "Which Is Witch" (all of which I didn't really enjoy due to poor pacing, paddling and imagery rather than stereotypes), as well as both versions of "Injun Trouble". There's a statement that they'll perhaps do a Round 2 on these cartoons with a "Censored 11-Plus" DVD or Blu-ray, but God knows when that'll even come.

Additionally, Speedy Gonzales, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, and Sylvester (solo, not paired with characters) have their names on these sets, something that the previous SS DVDs lacked too, especially the former, who NEVER got a chance at all. There's also an "All Stars" set and, surprisingly, COOL CAT HAS ONE PLANNED TOO! COOL CAT OF ALL CHARACTERS! Wow!

The new Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote planned DVD is looking good, since while it still does have post-1964 shorts, it also has a handful of Chuck Jones shorts too.

What surprises me the most is that "Hocus Pocus Powwow" is on the "Cool Cat and Friends" DVD, but not "Injun Trouble" (which will instead be on the "Censored 11-Plus" collection). I guess the former was much more obscure and didn't receive that much controversy than the latter? Either way, still excited to see how "Hocus Pocus Powwow" will look when restored on DVD, I guess.

Expect much-maligned shorts such as "Devil's Feud Cake", "Pre-Hysterical Hare" and "See Ya Later Gladiator" to get official DVD releases through this tutorial.

We should see which shorts are not on these DVDs, I'll start: "One Meat Brawl" (a decent Porky Pig and Barnyard Dawg cartoon) and "Unnatural History" (an okay one-shot cartoon) are amongst the ones not on these sets.
CladMcClaw
2021-07-30T01:42:13Z
Originally Posted by: Roxen Trail 

Anyways, while we still await for the recent MeTV news, I have this one thing non-related to MeTV that has been stuck on my chest, and would really like people to see if anyone will be surprised by this, but... They

WB is actually planning on doing a revival "Looney Tunes Super Stars" DVD sets through a website tutorial model for the future! I'm NOT KIDDING when I say this, just look!

While Jerry Beck (I presume) states that this is "purely fanboy wishful thinking", he also states that this is grounded in reality, meaning that this could happen sometime very later in the future or so...

Also, just notice how there's dozens of "politically incorrect", black-and-white, post-1964, and modern day revival shorts on these sets, something that the previous Super Stars DVDs, for the most part, lacked. The only thing that these sets don't have are shorts littered with over-the-top offensive content, such as "The Censored Eleven", "Goin' to Heaven on a Mule", "Tokio Jokio", "Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips", and "Which Is Witch" (all of which I didn't really enjoy due to poor pacing, paddling and imagery rather than stereotypes), as well as both versions of "Injun Trouble". There's a statement that they'll perhaps do a Round 2 on these cartoons with a "Censored 11-Plus" DVD or Blu-ray, but God knows when that'll even come.

Additionally, Speedy Gonzales, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, and Sylvester (solo, not paired with characters) have their names on these sets, something that the previous SS DVDs lacked too, especially the former, who NEVER got a chance at all. There's also an "All Stars" set and, surprisingly, COOL CAT HAS ONE PLANNED TOO! COOL CAT OF ALL CHARACTERS! Wow!

The new Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote planned DVD is looking good, since while it still does have post-1964 shorts, it also has a handful of Chuck Jones shorts too.

What surprises me the most is that "Hocus Pocus Powwow" is on the "Cool Cat and Friends" DVD, but not "Injun Trouble" (which will instead be on the "Censored 11-Plus" collection). I guess the former was much more obscure and didn't receive that much controversy than the latter? Either way, still excited to see how "Hocus Pocus Powwow" will look when restored on DVD, I guess.

Expect much-maligned shorts such as "Devil's Feud Cake", "Pre-Hysterical Hare" and "See Ya Later Gladiator" to get official DVD releases through this tutorial.

We should see which shorts are not on these DVDs, I'll start: "One Meat Brawl" (a decent Porky Pig and Barnyard Dawg cartoon) and "Unnatural History" (an okay one-shot cartoon) are amongst the ones not on these sets.

You might want to sit down...

Roxen Trail
2021-07-30T01:48:18Z
Originally Posted by: CladMcClaw 

Originally Posted by: Roxen Trail 

You might want to sit down...

What's wrong?
nickramer
2021-07-30T03:38:49Z
You shouldn't count your Road Runners before they hatch.
PopKorn Kat
2021-07-30T04:36:09Z
I hate to break it to ya, doc, but you’re jumping to all sorts of conclusions here.

The Bugs Bunny Video Guide, the excellent website you linked to, is run by Greg Method, who isn’t an employee of Warner Bros. - he’s just a very passionate fan. The page even states that the guide is “purely fanboy wishful thinking”.
Roxen Trail
2021-07-30T05:14:34Z
Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

I hate to break it to ya, doc, but you’re jumping to all sorts of conclusions here.

The Bugs Bunny Video Guide, the excellent website you linked to, is run by Greg Method, who isn’t an employee of Warner Bros. - he’s just a very passionate fan. The page even states that the guide is “purely fanboy wishful thinking”.

Oh... Well, nuts.

Well, there's still a chance it could come to fruition; the bottom says that "It can happen here!", and the page was updated in December of last year, not too long ago. Plus, "this guide is meant to approximate how Warner Home Video would go forward in their mindset." Who knows if this'll get updated when the new HBO Max batch of restored "Looney Tunes" shorts arrive, but sorry for jumping to conclusions.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-08-02T04:04:49Z
From July 24 -

Fiesta Fiasco restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

From July 31 -

The restored version of Billboard Frolics has aired on the main channel. Screenshots for those who haven't seen it yet.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

The Chocolate Chase aired restored with a full list of credits. Not sure how this is the only short from the Easter special that the network has an HD copy of whereas Daffy Flies North and The Yolks on You were older transfers.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

A Feud There Was restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
nickramer
2021-08-02T14:39:57Z
Well, the infamous "Rodent to Stardom" was shown restored for the first time, I think. I don't recall it being on "Me TV" before.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-08-11T07:26:53Z
From last week -

Rodent to Stardom restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Sport Chumpions restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

From August 7 -

We got a rerun of Weight for Me. I still think MeTV only has a small number of public domain KFS Popeye cartoons, otherwise they would've aired more than three by now.
UserPostedImage

The Little Orphan aired as scheduled, but the most baffling thing about it is that they aired a PAL Turner transfer despite the fact that this cartoon has been restored for over 10 years at this point.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Tom in blackface was removed as expected. They also removed the maid's appearance, but the edit (presumably on MeTV's end) wasn't done cleanly and you can still see her on screen for one frame.
UserPostedImage
Still taking this as a win because I'm glad to see her back on the air in some capacity. We've missed out on a handful of great cartoons because Warner likes to pretend that she doesn't exist.
Roxen Trail
2021-08-11T16:55:09Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

From last week -

Rodent to Stardom restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Sport Chumpions restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

From August 7 -

We got a rerun of Weight for Me. I still think MeTV only has a small number of public domain KFS Popeye cartoons, otherwise they would've aired more than three by now.
UserPostedImage

The Little Orphan aired as scheduled, but the most baffling thing about it is that they aired a PAL Turner transfer despite the fact that this cartoon has been restored for over 10 years at this point.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Tom in blackface was removed as expected. They also removed the maid's appearance, but the edit (presumably on MeTV's end) wasn't done cleanly and you can still see her on screen for one frame.
UserPostedImage
Still taking this as a win because I'm glad to see her back on the air in some capacity. We've missed out on a handful of great cartoons because Warner likes to pretend that she doesn't exist.

That, and they aired "The Daffy Doc" a while ago around last month unrestored, despite the fact that the short's already been restored...
nickramer
2021-08-14T03:13:01Z
Well, "See Ya Later Gladiator" (1967) will be airing on METV this Monday (lucky us..................).
raginggoodfella
2021-08-14T13:47:30Z
On Thursday show, NUTTY NEWS had the Hitler head pop out of a box gag uncut, but not the upside down title card. It did have the upside down credits card. And BELIEVE IT OR ELSE, the berth/birth of a baby gag was cut.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-08-14T21:40:53Z
From Thursday -

Nutty News restored Screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Believe It Or Else restored screenshots for those who haven't seen it yet
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

From this morning -

I've been putting off watching Betty Boop with Henry The Funniest Living American for the first time cause I wanted to see it on MeTV first (for the sake of not watching all her cartoons too quickly). Gotta say that Henry himself is average at best and calling him the "funniest" is a quite the stretch. Also I have no idea why Betty is selling Pudgy at her own pet store since she's the one who owns him in the first place. That ain't very "sweet" of her if you ask me.
UserPostedImage

A Fink in the Rink looked like it was sourced from a standard definition transfer. The picture quality didn't look very sharp.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Good Will To Men aired in 4:3 pan-and-scan. The experience is diminished somewhat since it's a very well staged film and actually takes full advantage of the CinemaScope ratio.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
RareSox
2021-08-15T14:59:17Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Well, "See Ya Later Gladiator" (1967) will be airing on METV this Monday (lucky us..................).

Just wait until they get to restoring the longfully dreaded Buddy cartoons.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-08-17T03:31:34Z
Why Do I Dream Those Dreams restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

See Ya Later Gladiator restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
2021-08-20T20:20:28Z
Does anyone have metv recordings of toon in with me send me the link if u do
nickramer
2021-08-21T14:42:31Z
Can anyone give me a list on what was shown today? The cable box went out shortly when "Popeye and Pink Panther's Party" (which was DVRed when i was still asleep) started and the cable box took a long time to restart (and I had to reset a few times) to the point of missing the whole block. I only started watching on the other TV when "Tom Turk" was on. Thanks.
Lee B
2021-08-22T01:15:57Z

Can anyone give me a list on what was shown today? The cable box went out shortly when "Popeye and Pink Panther's Party" (which was DVRed when i was still asleep) started and the cable box took a long time to restart (and I had to reset a few times) to the point of missing the whole block. I only started watching on the other TV when "Tom Turk" was on. Thanks.

I was only watching with one eye, so I admit I can't remember everything...best I can remember:

The b/w Popeyes were Nurse Mates and King of the Mardi Gras
A Betty Boop I didn't pay attention to, sorry-
The Roland and Rattfink short "Cattle Battle"
The Inspector short "Canadian Can-Can"
And maybe two Pink Panthers I didn't catch the names.

Sorry it's only a partial answer to your question. Maybe someone else can plug in the missing titles.
Roxen Trail
2021-08-22T19:33:46Z
Originally Posted by: Lee B 

I was only watching with one eye, so I admit I can't remember everything...best I can remember:

The b/w Popeyes were Nurse Mates and King of the Mardi Gras
A Betty Boop I didn't pay attention to, sorry-
The Roland and Rattfink short "Cattle Battle"
The Inspector short "Canadian Can-Can"
And maybe two Pink Panthers I didn't catch the names.

Sorry it's only a partial answer to your question. Maybe someone else can plug in the missing titles.

Here, guys! One of my online friends watched all the shorts from the network's SMC block yesterday, and he made a list. Here it is:

__

POPEYE/BETTY BOOP CARTOONS

__

“Nurse-Mates”

“You’re Not Built That Way”

“King of the Mardi Gras”

__

PINK PANTHER/DEPATIE-FRELENG ENTERPRISES CARTOONS

__

“Pink-a-Boo”

“Cattle Battle”

“Canadian Can-Can”

“Think Before You Pink”

__

TOM AND JERRY/MGM CARTOONS

__

“Landing Stripling”

“Ventriloquist Cat”

“Cellbound”

“Tom Turkey and His Harmonica Humdingers”

“The Impossible Possum”

“The Blue Danube”

“I’m Just Wild About Jerry”

__

LOONEY TUNES CARTOONS

__

“Bill of Hare”

“Little Red Walking Hood”

“Swing Ding Amigo”

“Dog Daze”

“Tweet and Sour”

“Greetings Bait”

“False Hare”

__

"Swing Ding Amigo" appeared restored yesterday, even though it was already restored for WarnerMedia RIDE. "Landing Stripling" was a Gene Deitch T&J cartoon, while "The Impossible Possum" and "Cellbound" were re-aired on that block yesterday.