Lee B
2021-06-18T22:38:40Z
Wow, really looking forward to His Bitter Half. One of my personal faves, lots of laughs, superior to the Yosemite Sam remake, and often overlooked in my opinion.

Your screenshot of the restored version looks great compared to the downloaded version I've been living with! Here's a side by side:

UserPostedImage
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-06-19T17:19:33Z
Betty makes her return to Saturday morning via a rerun of Popeye the Sailor. Ball throwing game scene is still removed.
UserPostedImage

The Bear that Wasn't aired as the Turner transfer. No idea if they rescanned this one in HD yet.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

The Timid Toreador restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
PopKorn Kat
2021-06-19T20:08:38Z
The body of "The Timid Toreador" looks good, but man oh man, that opening was bad! 1937 opening music mixed in with the "Looney Tunes" title card appearing way too early and a shield that zooms in way too fast...what were they thinking?!
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-06-21T12:34:16Z
This morning's show began with a wonderful tribute to Carl Stalling before they aired There They Go-Go-Go.
UserPostedImage

His Bitter Half restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-06-23T13:37:32Z
Punch Trunk restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
S. C. MacPeter
2021-06-23T14:50:31Z
I took a look, it appears EVERY Jones one off in the 50s is now restored. In fact, I believe his only shorts now unrestored in the 50s are Caveman Inki and Beanstalk Bunny
S. C. MacPeter
2021-06-28T21:20:09Z
Sunday Evening cartoons aired the first Merrie Melody, "Lady Play your Mandolin" RESTORED!
Toonatic
2021-06-28T22:35:30Z
Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

Sunday Evening cartoons aired the first Merrie Melody, "Lady Play your Mandolin" RESTORED!

Special thanks to Justin Delbert, Greg Brobeck, and MihaiChetreanu17 of YouTube
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-06-28T23:08:34Z
The Astroduck restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

This already aired a few weeks ago on MeTV+, but I couldn't do a post on it since I don't receive that channel.
nickramer
2021-06-29T14:30:44Z
Off-Topic: Besides having Sunday Evening Cartoons, what others shows and stuff that are exclusive to METV+? Or is this a replacement to Decades (which I have, but haven't looked at in a while)?
S. C. MacPeter
2021-06-29T17:24:07Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Off-Topic: Besides having Sunday Evening Cartoons, what others shows and stuff that are exclusive to METV+?

I know they rerun Toon in With me at 11PM, but also "Comedy Classics", a block similar to the Saturday/Sunday cartoon blocks. They run Laurel and Hardy, 3 Stooges AND Our Gang iirc. That's all I can think

nickramer
2021-06-30T14:41:28Z
A storm happened early in the morning where I lived and caused my cable box to reset but froze up when it was in the process of restarting causing my DVR to miss today's show. What was today's line-up?
Tsivc99
2021-06-30T18:05:46Z
I didn't catch all of it because I fell asleep, but I know that "Gorilla My Dreams," and " I Love To Singa" aired.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-06-30T18:05:47Z

What was today's line-up?

Wish I was lucky to get a storm, it's hot out.

The lineup was: Let's Sing with Popeye, I Love to Singa, Katnip Kollege, Gorilla My Dreams, and Swooner Crooner

nickramer
2021-07-01T02:28:09Z
Thanks.

Rather weird that they showed an official entry of the theatrical Popeye series.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-07-01T02:36:31Z

Rather weird that they showed an official entry of the theatrical Popeye series.

It was neat to see they did a little talk on the Screen Songs, I thought it was nice.

And for those curious, I got the storm I asked for. Yay

MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-07-01T18:44:03Z
Mucho Locos restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
What confuses me about this one is that it's a cheater cartoon, but all the old animation is reshot with new backgrounds, the dialogue is rerecorded, and the music scores are redone to match with the new footage. All these considered, how much money could they have possibly saved during production?
Mesterius
2021-07-01T19:34:23Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

(...)

What confuses me about this one is that it's a cheater cartoon, but all the old animation is reshot with new backgrounds, the dialogue is rerecorded, and the music scores are redone to match with the new footage. All these considered, how much money could they have possibly saved during production?

Quite a bit, I'd say. The animation in itself tends to be the most expensive part.
Leviathan
2021-07-01T23:01:22Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Greg Duffell told me it would have been more expensive to use the actual footage, believe it or not. It has something to do with the outsourced nature of these, IIRC.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-07-02T03:46:06Z
I get it, they didn't have good enough copies to source for the neg of the cartoon, least that's what I'mma getting