MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-05-22T14:49:59Z
Mucho Mouse aired in 4:3 pan-and-scan.
UserPostedImage

None of the cartoons were edited for content.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
S. C. MacPeter
2021-05-26T16:55:09Z
For anyone curious on the Sunday Evening Cartoons only available on MeTV+ (itself only available in Chicago and Phoenix):

It's a random assortment of cartoons for 3 hours, uncropped too. 2 weeks ago they aired the missing restoration to Ding Dog Daddy (hours after it showed up again on YouTube), and the past Sunday Cats and Bruises aired restored. The only person recording them can only present it at 360p though, so until someone like MTGM can get MeTV+, we're not gonna be seeing them in HD
S. C. MacPeter
2021-05-29T02:38:34Z
Bumping this to remind people looking forward to Daffy Doodles and Cross Country Detours airing tomorrow. Promise you it’s worth the watch
snowpeck
2021-05-29T03:39:56Z
I'm recording the MeTV+ show also, but I can only get it in 480p, so still not HD.
RareSox
2021-05-29T13:57:57Z
Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

Bumping this to remind people looking forward to Daffy Doodles and Cross Country Detours airing tomorrow. Promise you it’s worth the watch

So, was or was not Daffy Doodles restored on today's airing?
S. C. MacPeter
2021-05-29T14:20:07Z
Originally Posted by: snowpeck 

I'm recording the MeTV+ show also, but I can only get it in 480p, so still not HD.

I might know you on FB, I'm fine with it. We still have it eitherway, and this stuff is kinda expensive and data hogging. Just hoping eventually we can get it in HD
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-05-29T14:32:15Z
The Pink Blueprint aired with a laugh track playing.
UserPostedImage

The much-anticipated Daffy Doodles aired restored today. Photoshopped titles and recycled Turner audio are present.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Cross Country Detours aired restored with original titles.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
RareSox
2021-05-29T15:02:59Z
It is a miracle Daffy Doodles finally got the restoration it deserved so it can be enjoyed for future generations to come.

I wasn't even there to watch it when it came on.
Toonatic
2021-05-29T21:29:55Z
Cool to see Cross Couty Detours titles restored!

Another BR reissue cartoon with original titles restored CHECKED OFF. :)

Judging by the screenshot of Pink Blueprint, either MGM gave METV the matted widescreen prints or they're stretched full screen for the PP/DFE cartoons.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-05-31T13:05:33Z
Tall Betty got her revenge today. Then again, this is Betty's first reappearance on the network in over a month so I'm still pretty happy.
UserPostedImage

There Auto Be a Law restored screenshots.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Enjoy this gross-looking digital effect where the WB shield just sorta morphs out of the red background behind it (ignore the TV static. That's an effect the show itself likes to use whenever they start a cartoon).
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Thad Komorowski
2021-05-31T14:44:33Z
Can verify that the iris instead of zoom shield effect is in Warner's master, not a MeTV byproduct.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-06-02T16:45:05Z
They really struggle on those green rings, there's I think 4 cartoons now that mess them up in someway
RareSox
2021-06-03T14:59:59Z
I wonder if they had some DVNR issues for good measure. It feels like a downgrade in my eyes.
raginggoodfella
2021-06-03T22:09:39Z
The June 3 episode had the LITTLE TINKER cartoon and it was uncensored.
nickramer
2021-06-04T19:45:18Z

They really struggle on those green rings, there's I think 4 cartoons now that mess them up in someway

What was the whole point of that added effect?
Jason Todd
2021-06-04T20:37:10Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

What was the whole point of that added effect?

GOOD QUESTION!

What was even the whole point of photoshop zooming out the fucking title sequences, to begin with?? What happened to *preserving*, not *altering*, film elements??
RareSox
2021-06-05T11:00:09Z
Originally Posted by: raginggoodfella 

The June 3 episode had the LITTLE TINKER cartoon and it was uncensored.

Either they realized it wasn't THAT racist or things slipped through the gaps. Either way, I'm ok with Little Tinker being uncensored. But you also gotta remember that it was made in a different time period.

If MeTV wanted to air their cartoons uncensored, they'd use a warning at the beginning of their episodes. But again, I don't blame them.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-06-05T14:55:28Z
Bird-Brain Bird Dog aired with a new HD transfer today. Same technical issues as with most of the new transfers of the MGM cartoons, the most annoying issue in this case would be the wavy-sounding recycled Turner audio.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Casanova Cat is now featured in one of those 'Quick Clips' segments.
UserPostedImage
For whatever reason, To Spring aired stretched to 16:9.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Dog Tales restored screenshots.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Jonathan Wilson
2021-06-05T19:48:30Z
I'm surprised they aired Pepe today (A Scent of the Matterhorn). Of course, Warner has no plans to use him anymore, but I'm surprised his cartoons are still on the air.
nickramer
2021-06-06T03:55:25Z
Originally Posted by: Jason Todd 

GOOD QUESTION!

What was even the whole point of photoshop zooming out the fucking title sequences, to begin with?? What happened to *preserving*, not *altering*, film elements??

OT: Personally, I could've gotten the replay without the profanity. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine on these message boards.