MeTV launching "Toon In With Me" and "Saturday Morning Cartoons" in 2021- Page 15 - Forum.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-03-26T02:16:47Z
Originally Posted by: Edward Joseph 

Pardon me but in feather bluster, are the clips from henhouse henry restored?

Yes they are. They entirety of Feather Bluster (archival clips included) is restored, much like all the other cheater cartoons that have been restored thus far.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Including images of the other two clips used in case anyone is curious about those as well.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-03-26T12:46:36Z
The Music Mice-Tro restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Some good news about this one is that they left the opening and closing titles intact. No Photoshop or other digital tampering.
FoxInAFix
2021-03-26T15:59:26Z
One out of three Daffy and Speefy team-ups directed by former Jones animator Rudy Larriva. Good to have. I guess?
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-03-27T14:36:17Z
Lots to report today.

The Popeye block keeps getting stranger as Let's Sing with Popeye aired this morning (when's the last time anything resembling a Screen Song aired on TV?). There was no Paramount logo at the beginning, but the closing title from Popeye the Sailor was tacked onto the end.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Popeye Meets Ali Baba finally aired as well, meaning all three of the two-reelers have aired on MeTV.
UserPostedImage

Warner's inconsistency shows itself again as Pet Peeve aired as one of those 16:9 cropped versions I mentioned a few weeks ago. Pup on a Picnic aired in 4:3 pan-and-scan, however.
UserPostedImage
An HD transfer of Cobs and Robbers aired today and I thought it looked decent at first, but after pulling up the old Turner master I realized this one also has some issues. All the reds and yellows look washed out and it makes me wonder if it was taken from a source similar to what they used for Wee Willie Wildcat.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
None of the cartoons in today's block were censored, which is funny cause the lineup included Little Runaway and Garden Gopher.

The Dixie Fryer aired restored today as well.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
nickramer
2021-03-27T14:37:52Z
The special sing-along short, "Let's Sing With Popeye" was shown on today's line-up.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-03-27T16:22:02Z
I really do wonder if Music Mice Trio had it’s titles without mess up if they really are beginning to fix the photoshopped titles. Only time will tell
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-03-30T12:44:28Z
Screenshots of The Impossible Possum's new noise-reduced mess of a transfer.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
The stars in the background disappear whenever there is a pan or camera shake, such as in images 3 and 4.
Jason Todd
2021-03-30T14:26:25Z
Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

I really do wonder if Music Mice Trio had it’s titles without mess up if they really are beginning to fix the photoshopped titles. Only time will tell

Like I said, the photoshopped title sequences should be an easy fix, since the cartoons themselves don’t need any further remastering.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-03-31T18:25:07Z
Shake Your Powder Puff restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Mesterius
2021-03-31T19:18:36Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

Popeye Meets Ali Baba finally aired as well, meaning all three of the two-reelers have aired on MeTV.
UserPostedImage

I expect it had DVNR, like all of Warner's releases of this particular color two-reeler on DVD and streaming?
Jason Todd
2021-03-31T22:29:40Z
They really ought to not mess with the aspect ratio so much. Like, stick with the 4X3 aspect ratio that was intended for the non-widescreen cartoons.
FoxInAFix
2021-03-31T23:07:34Z
Originally Posted by: Jason Todd 

They really ought to not mess with the aspect ratio so much. Like, stick with the 4X3 aspect ratio that was intended for the non-widescreen cartoons.

The kiddies 'll change the channel.

Bradskey
2021-04-01T01:34:41Z
MeTV moved to it's own broadcast station in my market. I think they did this recently in about 3 major markets, by buying out some Spanish language channels with strong signals/transmitters and moving their broadcast to a dedicated channel. It means the local cable/dish franchises have to carry them (more ad $$). They didn't have to carry MeTV when it was just a digital sub-channel.

The plus for me is I now get the broadcast in 720p at almost 13MBps, instead of the typical over-compressed 480p subchannel, so I caught today's "Shake Your Powder Puff" in pretty decent HD for example. The down side in my situation is the signal seems weaker and may break up during bad weather.
nickramer
2021-04-01T03:39:23Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

Shake Your Powder Puff restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

The short, unfortunately, had those made up titles.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-04-01T04:56:43Z
No they weren't photoshopped when I saw it, I know they were digital stills though
PopKorn Kat
2021-04-01T07:09:49Z
Check below the Warner Bros. copyright - that's a hallmark of Photoshop fudgery.
UserPostedImage 
snowpeck
2021-04-02T21:22:42Z
So it appears the Pink Panther/DFE shorts are joining. According to the schedule MeTV sent out today, starting on 5/15, the Saturday morning Popeye and Pals hour gets shortened to 30 minutes and the remaining time will be Pink Panther's Party.

https://drive.google.com...qb3Jit5/view?usp=sharing 
Lee B
2021-04-02T21:35:13Z
From the looks of that sheet, the Flintstones has given up its weekday slot as well (to be replaced by The Addams Family). It'll still run on Sunday mornings with the Jetsons though.

Too bad, I'm sorry to see the Popeye hour cut short. If I had to choose one to chop, it would have been Tom and Jerry, since so many of those already run on Boomerang all week. Ah well.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-04-03T00:20:03Z
It looks like the Bugs Bunny week Jerry mentioned on Stu's Show is happening! This MeTV article mentions it https://www.metv.com/stories/vot...and-well-show-the-winner 

Also Mentioned

Quote:

And the "best" part is — we're revealing the winner on-air in an episode of Tune In With Me. "Toon In" to see the winning cartoon on May 7 at 7AM | 6C! It's the grand finale of The Best of Bugs week on Toon In With Me. Learn more about the history of Bugs, and stay tuned for special guests.

It looks like Jerry Beck and possibly others will indeed show up!