New Warners Restorations...- Page 8 - Forum.
2020-07-24T05:49:21Z
I'll start by being positive: there are new restorations. That's great. However many there are. But for me I was done with "best ofs" when we switched from VHS to DVD. Never picked up the Super Stars in part for this reason, nor the Platinum Collections. I'm still on the Golden Collections. If they happen to put out the complete Bugs someday, which looks likely to be coincidence as much as intention with this creative direction, I might bite. But I'm not a casual fan. This isn't for me, but I'm happy for those who will enjoy it.
Blob55
2020-07-24T08:45:44Z
Since it's the 80th anniversary, it should have 80 minimum. Also, no What's Up Doc again. I feel like everyone hates Mckimpson since most of his shorts get ignored except for the Taz ones.
FoxInAFix
2020-07-24T09:19:05Z
What's Up Doc is in fact on there, according to the Amazon booklet shot.
speedy fast
2020-07-24T15:24:50Z

I have a feeling Warner Bros. would want to scan more shorts in 4K, I've heard they've been doing that with Popeye and the Tex Avery sets. I wonder if scanning previously-remastered cartoons in 4K is as expensive as remastering them (was remastering/upgrading shorts from the Golden Collections into high definition for the Platinum Collections as expensive?).

Which gets me wondering, if they decide to remaster many of their all-time/often-released classics in 4K, would that take away from remastering more unremastered shorts?

But who knows how long before they would put out a dedicated Looney Tunes release in 4K (this release, as far as I know, isn't a 4K release)? The Popeye shorts may be remastered in 4K HD but the disc is just on Blu-ray. And WB had been remastering it's classic cartoons in HD since Golden Classic Volume 2 even though there'd be almost a decade before there was a Looney Tunes Blu-ray (and a few years before the format was out).
speedy fast
2020-07-24T19:36:16Z

A full contents list is included: https://www.forcesofgeek...-home-entertainment.html 

So Blooper Bunny is indeed part of the main program, and the only 1990s/2000s Bugs Bunny short included (with it being an anniversary release, I would have included another one or two, Box Office Bunny and Carrotblanca are both great).

Looks like no Taz cartoons will be included. While all of them have been available on Blu-ray as well as the Stars of Space Jam disc, he is one of Bugs' most popular enemies, and I feel one of those appearances should have been included.

The set will be finishing off the Rocky and Mugsy trilogy, and we'll get two more pairings with Wile E. Coyote. And there'll be a few cartoons I like that others tend to dislike (Shishkabugs, Hare Abian Night). I thought Show Biz Bugs would be on disc 2, if this is chronological.

I hope this sells well, and that next year we'll also get a great release featuring other characters.

I should compare with Hare Extraordinaire and Frustrated Fowl to see how many Bugs Bunny shorts still need to be available in full frame. The Iceman Ducketh (which is not really a great short) is one not included.
FoxInAFix
2020-07-24T19:55:08Z
Originally Posted by: speedy fast 

A full contents list is included: https://www.forcesofgeek...-home-entertainment.html 

So Blooper Bunny is indeed part of the main program, and the only 1990s/2000s Bugs Bunny short included (with it being an anniversary release, I would have included another one or two, Box Office Bunny and Carrotblanca are both great).

Looks like no Taz cartoons will be included. While all of them have been available on Blu-ray as well as the Stars of Space Jam disc, he is one of Bugs' most popular enemies, and I feel one of those appearances should have been included.

The set will be finishing off the Rocky and Mugsy trilogy, and we'll get two more pairings with Wile E. Coyote. And there'll be a few cartoons I like that others tend to dislike (Shishkabugs, Hare Abian Night). I thought Show Biz Bugs would be on disc 2, if this is chronological.

I hope this sells well, and that next year we'll also get a great release featuring other characters.

I should compare with Hare Extraordinaire and Frustrated Fowl to see how many Bugs Bunny shorts still need to be available in full frame. The Iceman Ducketh (which is not really a great short) is one not included.

Lighter than Hare is also not included.
Thad Komorowski
2020-07-24T22:34:20Z
Full contents below. It’s essentially everything that hasn’t been released before, sans 15 or so (and half we all knew likely wouldn’t be there).

Disc 1:
Elmer’s Candid Camera
A Wild Hare
Hold the Lion, Please
Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid
Super Rabbit
Jack-Wabbit and the Beanstalk
What’s Cookin’ Doc?
Bugs Bunny and the Three Bears
Hare Ribbin’
The Old Grey Hare
Baseball Bugs
Hair-Raising Hare
Racketeer Rabbit
Bugs Bunny Rides Again
Haredevil Hare
Hot Cross Bunny
Hare Splitter
Knights Must Fall
What’s Up Doc?
8 Ball Bunny

Disc 2:
Rabbit of Seville
Rabbit Every Monday
The Fair-Haired Hare
Rabbit Fire
His Hare-Raising Tale
Hare Lift
Upswept Hare
Robot Rabbit
Captain Hareblower
No Parking Hare
Yankee Doodle Bugs
Lumber Jack Rabbit
Baby Buggy Bunny
Hare Brush
This is a Life?
Rabbitson Crusoe
Napoleon Bunny-Part
Half-Fare Hare
Piker’s Peak
What’s Opera, Doc?

Disc 3:
Bugsy and Mugsy
Show Biz Bugs
Hare-Less Wolf
Now, Hare This
Knighty Knight Bugs
Hare-Abian Nights
Backwoods Bunny
Wild and Woolly Hare
Bonanza Bunny
People are Bunny
Person to Bunny
Rabbit’s Feat
From Hare to Heir
Compressed Hare
Prince Violent
Shishkabugs
The Million Hare
The Unmentionables
False Hare
Blooper Bunny

Sounds great, but I’d love a Funko-less option.
Ian L.
2020-07-24T22:59:27Z
Great stuff, although it's still lacking The Unruly Hare, one of the most underrated Bugs shorts.
Thad Komorowski
2020-07-24T23:02:52Z
AND Beanstalk Bunny, an essential Jones title. Mind-boggling, but I’d love to know the reason...
Jason Todd
2020-07-25T00:48:37Z
Personally, I would have loved it if they included Fresh Hare in this set, but...oh, well. I’ll take the plethora of shorts that are being included.
Leviathan
2020-07-25T01:12:45Z
There's nothing that would preclude Beanstalk Bunny from being included at all. Do Jerry and George not like that cartoon? Is is it on WB's "do not release" list like those two Tom and Jerry shorts?
Jason Todd
2020-07-25T01:51:36Z
Originally Posted by: Leviathan 

There's nothing that would preclude Beanstalk Bunny from being included at all. Do Jerry and George not like that cartoon? Is is it on WB's "do not release" list like those two Tom and Jerry shorts?

Doubtful. There’s nothing politically incorrect about Beanstalk Bunny.
speedy fast
2020-07-25T04:00:37Z

In The Bugs Bunny Video Guide's Facebook page, there's a comment or two from fans who think the Beanstalk Bunny negatives must be in poor shape. Of course that's just speculation and not confirmed by anybody involved.

And I think I heard that a couple of the cartoons here (What's Cookin' Doc, maybe Hold the Lion Please) have been held off from remastering for years because the negatives had been in bad shape but are finally remastered. I think I heard that in a Looney Tunes Critic video (but I've also seen comments on the videos and Facebook stating that some of his info is wrong, like him saying that the shorts remastered in the last couple of years were remastered from broadcast tapes). And hey, back when the sixth Golden Collection came out, it had been confirmed that Porky's Duck Hunt was in really bad shape and it looked like that one would not be remastered, only for it to be included in The Essential Daffy Duck a few years later (and was the only short remastered for that set).
FoxInAFix
2020-07-25T06:34:48Z
Originally Posted by: Jason Todd 

Originally Posted by: Leviathan 

Doubtful. There’s nothing politically incorrect about Beanstalk Bunny.

Well, there is the smoke out scene.
Mesterius
2020-07-25T14:28:48Z
The contents of this set actually sound pretty great all in all! My main question now is if the new remasters might end up having the same problems as users of HBO Max have reported about the new HD transfers there.
2020-07-26T00:01:58Z
Does anyone have a tally on how many LT/MM cartoons have been restored since the Golden Collections? Full restorations, so not Porky 101. There's the Goldens, Super Stars, Platinums, HBO Max, this set... it must be over 400 by now, right? Kinda close to half the library?
Mesterius
2020-07-26T06:12:16Z
Originally Posted by: Traveling Matt 

Does anyone have a tally on how many LT/MM cartoons have been restored since the Golden Collections? Full restorations, so not Porky 101. There's the Goldens, Super Stars, Platinums, HBO Max, this set... it must be over 400 by now, right? Kinda close to half the library?

Question is, can the HD transfers on HBO Max be counted as "full restorations" the way all those other editions can?
Ian L.
2020-10-07T14:20:58Z
Looks like Bugs's 80th been pushed back to 12/1: https://www.wbshop.com/p...nniversary-collection-bd 
Gnik_LJN
2020-10-12T21:51:37Z
According to Devon Baxtor's Twitter, new "restored" scans of "Downhearted Duckling" and "Designs on Jerry" are on Amazon Prime. Clips are floating around on the internet now.