Bugs Bunny Golden Carrot Collection coming out in April- Page 3 - Forum.
Kristjan
2020-04-24T06:45:20Z
You guys seem to forget those big studios own the copyright to those films and the original master elements and other elements to these films for the most part so they can basically do as they please with those films and they can do as they see fit if they want to ruin them with interlacing and DNVR and sell that they can, basically make those releases flop on purpose so they can say to themselves "oh...there is no Market for classic animation so we guess that we will have to put more effort into selling our modern-day ''crap'' instead. " and to go further than that they could also say well we don't like to keep those around and burn everything down on purpose and their examples of this happening in the past *host* Winkler *host*
nickramer
2020-04-24T14:59:51Z
Originally Posted by: Kristjan 

You guys seem to forget those big studios own the copyright to those films and the original master elements and other elements to these films for the most part so they can basically do as they please with those films and they can do as they see fit if they want to ruin them with interlacing and DNVR and sell that they can, basically make those releases flop on purpose so they can say to themselves "oh...there is no Market for classic animation so we guess that we will have to put more effort into selling our modern-day ''crap'' instead. " and to go further than that they could also say well we don't like to keep those around and burn everything down on purpose and their examples of this happening in the past *host* Winkler *host*

How often do you get cynically bitter?
Kristjan
2020-04-24T23:16:20Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

How often do you get cynically bitter?

Never why do you ask? I was probably one of the few people that actually defended the Porky 101 set manly based on what Jerry said prior to that release if that set does well it will clear the path for more Warner Archive releases. Thad is overly negative tone review of that set(still not wrong to point out these music cue errors, as if the tone had been a little bit more positive then I think the review wouldn't have caused the stir it caused) could have prevented those releases we have got since then from happening, Jerry said so himself on Stu Show.
Leviathan
2020-04-24T23:23:37Z
Popeye and Tex still happened, though.
Kristjan
2020-04-24T23:40:17Z
Originally Posted by: Leviathan 

Popeye and Tex still happened, though.

They did but as according to Jerry as I previously mentioned were close to getting cancel after Thad's review.
Thad Komorowski
2020-04-25T00:36:45Z
Yup, it's all my fault, you better call the fuckin' cops.
PopKorn Kat
2020-04-25T01:15:55Z
Just a reminder to remain civil, refrain from slinging accusations at one another, and to keep this thread on the topic of the Bugs Bunny Golden Carrot Collection or it will be closed. Thank you.
Duck Dodgers
2020-05-03T18:36:13Z
Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski 

Yup, it's all my fault, you better call the fuckin' cops.

LOL!! On the other hand I think that THANKS TO THAD we finally had releases that are worth of this name.

Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

Just a reminder to remain civil, refrain from slinging accusations at one another, and to keep this thread on the topic of the Bugs Bunny Golden Carrot Collection or it will be closed. Thank you.

As anyone already posted the definitive contents?
WaltWiz1901
2020-05-03T18:59:21Z
Originally Posted by: Duck Dodgers 

Originally Posted by: PopKorn Kat 

As anyone already posted the definitive contents?

I have...sort of. Go back one page (or add the shorts that were on the first disc of Golden Collection: Volume Five to the Bugs Bunny Video Guide's educated guess list) and you will see.

Don't be surprised when an official list of contents comes out and I immediately declare "called it!"...
eutychus
2020-05-03T20:36:22Z
Originally Posted by: WaltWiz1901 

Don't be surprised when an official list of contents comes out and I immediately declare "called it!"...

Someone has to take a bullet on this one so it might as well be me as anyone else. I have it on order and should have it in by Thursday at which time I'll post an official list of contents.

You guys owe me big time for this one. [bugs]
eutychus
2020-05-07T19:06:26Z

I'll do it for you. WaltWiz called it!

This collection is completely comprised of copies of the first discs from each set of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, Volumes 1 through 5, including the commentaries and any extras. I mean they are exact copies, as if they just redid the disc artwork. If you have those volumes, there is no need to buy this one.

The complete list is here: https://www.intanibase.c.../video.aspx?videoId=8240 
Wolfie
2020-05-07T23:15:06Z
Originally Posted by: eutychus 

This collection is completely comprised of copies of the first discs from each set of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, Volumes 1 through 5, including the commentaries and any extras. I mean they are exact copies, as if they just redid the disc artwork. If you have those volumes, there is no need to buy this one.

Thank you very much indeed for going to all that trouble and actually confirming this for us. One to avoid for sure. Thanks for taking one for the team!
fulano7
2020-05-07T23:16:57Z

Thank you. Are the menus exact copies, too?
I always come to TTTP in Exile in the hope of finding news about Warner announcing Tex Avery Collection.
eutychus
2020-05-07T23:45:50Z
Originally Posted by: fulano7 

Thank you. Are the menus exact copies, too?

Yep. Exact same menus.

WaltWiz1901
2020-05-08T03:59:27Z

Heh-heh, thanks for the shoutout!

Somebody should really contact the Bugs Bunny Video Guide and tell them that there's really no need to get stumped on what's on disc five anymore - what you said is absolutely perfect regarding what's on this set.
Mesterius
2020-05-08T05:31:53Z

Heh-heh, thanks for the shoutout!

Somebody should really contact the Bugs Bunny Video Guide and tell them that there's really no need to get stumped on what's on disc five anymore - what you said is absolutely perfect regarding what's on this set.

Well, of course, but they were responsible enough to NOT claim they knew exactly what was on the set before. Can't really fault them for that.
eutychus
2020-05-08T09:03:18Z

Already done.

nickramer
2020-05-08T14:16:43Z
I don't get why they didn't replace the Daffy shorts from one of the Golden Collection disc with some iconic Bugs shorts that are absent in the set.
Ian L.
2020-05-08T17:15:29Z
Thanks, eutychus. What a wasted release.
Mesterius
2020-05-08T18:45:01Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

I don't get why they didn't replace the Daffy shorts from one of the Golden Collection disc with some iconic Bugs shorts that are absent in the set.

Obvious answer: Because that would have required work. All they did was repress five discs from the old Golden Collection sets exactly as they were.