• Zachary
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2019-08-23T18:10:48Z
https://forum.blu-ray.co...?p=16756076#post16756076 
Quote:

With so much going out the door finally, we can finally do this one:

Announcing a pretty different 'Special' set:

On Hold: Cool Things from Unfinished projects

This special disc (BDR) consists of things we're started that, for one reason or another, are not moving forward (but the things are so cool it's hard to just have them not get seen!). I've always wanted to do a disc like this.....

The films include:

Some commercials
A rare 1930s cartoon short
Films from a famous series that we've been trying to release since 2014
Two Episodes of a fun mid- 60's TV cartoon (from the Network's original negs, including commercials)
Films we've been cleaning up from a 30s series
Some really cool experimental shorts
All sorts of surprises!

It comes in a standard DVD case, below. The set is limited to 65 copies. It's $16.95 plus $3 shipping to US, $7 to Canada, $9 to all other countries. If you've ordered anything else shipping is free. Paypal is, as usual, steves@thunderbeananimation.com. Make sure to include your address and 'On Hold'.

Thanks to all for supporting all the Thunderbean sets, finished or never to be!

UserPostedImage

Mesterius
2019-08-23T18:32:00Z
Originally Posted by: Zachary 

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=16756076#post16756076

Quote:

With so much going out the door finally, we can finally do this one...

This sounds like a fun set, but the similar Special Disc "Popeye in Technicolor" was put up for pre-order a whole year ago and was originally slated to be finished before Christmas. Shouldn't that be prioritized first? I'm always a little surprised (though I guess I shouldn't be anymore) to see Steve take on more and more special disc projects when the ones he announced ages ago are apparently nowhere near completion.
DawnShadow
2019-08-24T08:20:45Z
The Popeye stuff was still being scanned though, since these are from stalled projects I would assume it’s all already scanned and he should be able to burn the discs already.

This is pure speculation, but he’s probably let the Popeye disc drop in priority since Warner Archive announced the official sets.
nickramer
2019-08-24T13:23:04Z
Originally Posted by: DawnShadow 

The Popeye stuff was still being scanned though, since these are from stalled projects I would assume it’s all already scanned and he should be able to burn the discs already.

This is pure speculation, but he’s probably let the Popeye disc drop in priority since Warner Archive announced the official sets.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
Steve Stanchfield
2019-10-19T01:57:44Z
Not cancelling any title on the Thunderbean side. We're almost done with this particular set.