Warners releases clip from the new Looney Tunes- Page 3 - Forum.
Mac
  • Mac
  • Advanced Member
2020-04-27T13:04:51Z
Originally Posted by: Thad Komorowski 

Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Any chance of Speedy being in one of these shorts or is he slightly unfairly considered off-limit?

Both Speedy and Pepe are on the no-no list, sadly.

Aww, really?! Even with these disappointing revelations, I'm still feeling quite excited for this series ...I just hope this excitement isn't unfounded.
SuperMuppet64
2020-05-04T22:57:53Z
https://ew.com/tv/bugs-b...toons-hbo-max-exclusive/ 
new 1-minute clip released, full cartoon expected to be released for free on youtube tomorrow
Mac
  • Mac
  • Advanced Member
2020-05-05T16:08:19Z
Here's the full cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6AM7BJ_IpQ 

Well, whaddaya think?
Ian L.
2020-05-05T18:49:22Z
I liked the baby gag. The rest, eh.

Music's good, though.
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-05T18:56:14Z
I personally feel this short's the closest any Looney Tunes spinoff or revival has come to approaching or replicating the charm of the original shorts. That is not an easy feat.

Well done!
Mac
  • Mac
  • Advanced Member
2020-05-05T20:52:46Z
A few new very brief clips in this trailer if you want just a little bit more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzrsvc7_G4A 
PopKorn Kat
2020-05-05T21:12:46Z
I, like several others, was a bit worried when the first trailer broke and featured primarily "puppety" animation. I can still find some traces of that in there, but it definitely looks a lot better. Can't wait for the 27th!
Gnik_LJN
2020-05-06T13:13:32Z
Why do I feel there's some traces of Famous Studios humor in this...
Oh well, the final gag is incredible.
Mac
  • Mac
  • Advanced Member
2020-05-06T16:01:29Z
Strange coincidence that one of the first shorts to release is roller coaster themed. Over 20 years ago (man do I feel old!) I was really looking forward to Mickey Mouse Works which promised to be a return to traditional quality Disney shorts and one of the first cartoons announced was "Roller Coaster Painters".

I've had a similar reaction to both 'Roller Coaster Painters' and 'Pest Coaster'. Neither could live up to my sky high hopes for such a revival, yet both left me hungry to see more anyway.
wiley207
2020-05-06T22:47:36Z
Wow! The animation, voice work and music are really good. And such a delightful twist at the end, even if I could kind of see it coming. (It's been such a long time since they used the rubber mask device  in anything Looney Tunes related, given that it was used in a good amount of the classic shorts!)
For the most part, the sound effect work is pretty good, but really, the Hanna-Barbera "shell screaming whine down" when Yosemite Sam dropped after using the chainsaw?! If only they had Robert Hargreaves/DigiPost.TV doing the sound design here instead of just limiting them to the DC Comics stuff, then we'd have gotten the actual classic Treg Brown falling down whistle here! But for the most part it's kind of reminiscent of the 90s WB cartoon shorts that used a similar sound mix (like when Yosemite Sam fell to the same H-B "shell screaming whine down" effect in "Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers" from 1992.) But I am almost certain they might be using more than one sound editing facility (like they are using more than one animation house), and it'd be nice if they also brought in DigiPost as one of them, along with maybe Atlas Oceanic, Boom Box Post, Glenn Oyabe/Glenwood Place Studios or even Skywalker Sound!
But I'm still pretty excited about this!
OutOfOdor
2020-05-06T23:19:14Z
Originally Posted by: wiley207 

Wow! The animation, voice work and music are really good. And such a delightful twist at the end, even if I could kind of see it coming. (It's been such a long time since they used the rubber mask device  in anything Looney Tunes related, given that it was used in a good amount of the classic shorts!)
For the most part, the sound effect work is pretty good, but really, the Hanna-Barbera "shell screaming whine down" when Yosemite Sam dropped after using the chainsaw?! If only they had Robert Hargreaves/DigiPost.TV doing the sound design here instead of just limiting them to the DC Comics stuff, then we'd have gotten the actual classic Treg Brown falling down whistle here! But for the most part it's kind of reminiscent of the 90s WB cartoon shorts that used a similar sound mix (like when Yosemite Sam fell to the same H-B "shell screaming whine down" effect in "Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers" from 1992.) But I am almost certain they might be using more than one sound editing facility (like they are using more than one animation house), and it'd be nice if they also brought in DigiPost as one of them, along with maybe Atlas Oceanic, Boom Box Post, Glenn Oyabe/Glenwood Place Studios or even Skywalker Sound!
But I'm still pretty excited about this!

Agreed with you, Wiley! Great cartoon, through and through, quite possibly the closest WB has come to emulating that classic WB vibe. Quoting Bugs in this very cartoon... "I AM AMUSED!!!" That minor nitpick with the H-B bomb fall sound aside, I agree, the SFX work was really good! I especially really liked the horse neighing sound used for Yosemite doing a take at one point! Now that's good sound design. Really hungry for more! It's too bad, however, that I don't currently have access to HBO Max as I type this post... Also, I swear that the arrangement of "The Alphabet Song"/"Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" was recycled from a classic WB cartoon, I think it might've been a Road-Runner film.
"With all respect to the great mousetrap."- Popeye, "The Spinach Overture" (1935)
Mac
  • Mac
  • Advanced Member
2020-05-07T07:25:08Z
Whether you loved it, hated it or thought it was just OK, I think a lot of us here will find this commentary interesting:

Warning: Contains profanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgfMirmTNfE 
Mario500
2020-05-07T17:00:34Z
Originally Posted by: Mac 

Here's the full cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6AM7BJ_IpQ 

Well, whaddaya think?

(dislikes its voices for [bugs2] and [sam])
(likes its dialogue and actions between these points of its length: 4:40 - 5:31)

Duck Dodgers
2020-05-07T18:10:05Z
Originally Posted by: Leviathan 

That makes even less sense because Speedy and Pepe were both in The Looney Tunes Show.

There doesn't seem to be an upside to any of this. Again, these just feels like webtoons with slightly nicer designs.

Anyway, the designs seems way better than in the past, pretty 40s style.
I'm pretty curious to watch them, the Porky and Daffy ones in particular.

Mario500
2020-05-07T20:36:38Z
Originally Posted by: Mac 

Whether you loved it, hated it or thought it was just OK, I think a lot of us here will find this commentary interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgfMirmTNfE 

(dislikes profanity in the video; wishes a warning regarding the profanity had been posted with the video earlier on this page)

Mac
  • Mac
  • Advanced Member
2020-05-08T11:16:16Z
Sorry, Mario I didn't remember there being profanity in it. The video itself does warn that it's for adults right at the very start though. I'll edit my post above as an extra warning.
nickramer
2020-05-08T14:23:37Z
Regarding Sam's new voice, according to Mark Eviner's recent live stream voice actors panel, It was Maurice Lamarche's recommendation to have Fred voice Sam as Mairice didn't want to do the rough voice anymore.
SuperMuppet64
2020-05-12T14:20:41Z
fulano7
2020-05-12T16:37:44Z
Well, got to give it: with regard to the story, they are really commited to replicate the reasoning of the original cartoons' plots.

I'm positively surprised by the overall result. This is probably the closest any official Warner project will come to the original shorts, in my POV...

And I mean that continuing the originals is impossible for technical and commercial (budget) reasons:
the originals were the sole venture of Warners into cartoons (exclusive dedication);
no cartoon series made by any major studio (and most of the minors) nowadays is going to do hand-drawn animation;
in the originals, the soundtrack had a 50-piece orchestra dedicated to it;
there were much less creative restrictions (they did exist but much less than today);
each director had his own unit, making possible to each one showcase their signature styles;
there was Mel Blanc doing the voices;
and there was much more randomness between shorts than I'm expecting from this new series.
I like that, in this new series, they seem to be thinking about pretty random gags and situations, but there won't be one-shot cartoons, and the plots really won't be THAT random like the old shorts. At most, they'll use minor characters (Ralph & Sam, Goofy Gophers...) and Michigan J. Frog. They can create new characters. But it will always be a fixed character set, without Pepé and Speedy, and without true one-shots.
I always come to TTTP in Exile in the hope of finding news about Warner announcing Tex Avery Collection.
Mesterius
2020-05-13T09:22:11Z
Much better animation than the Bugs short, but that's a given since this one is fully animated hand-drawn rather than (mostly) digital cut-out. I'm not sure about the gags.