Steve Stanchfield
2019-01-21T17:16:20Z

Hi IADers!

Update on Thunderbean discs:

I'm going to try and post weekly progress on the various sets here on this thread, and will direct to here when we've got new news on the finish of each as well.

We had a good weekend here of getting packed nearly everything we've missed, and the scan session this morning went great. Cartoon Paradise is finally in the can and will start to get dubbed this week along with 'Odds and Ends'. Thanks to all that helped with all these projects. A really busy month and lots of progress.

Here is current status of the various sets in progress:

Done and dubbing:
Cartoon Paradise
Odds and Ends

Grotesqueries - may get off to replication this week.

In Progress- 1st tier
Flip the Frog V1- very close and working on bonus features
Rainbow Parades v1-very close to finish and working on bonus features
Noveltoons- getting close to finish- 3 additional 35mm tech prints added
Screen Songs- last films finally coming this week
Terry/Lantz/Famous-getting close to done
Thunderbean Thursday 2018- almost finished
More Stop Motion marvels-12 films in cleanup to freelancers
Angel films- still in cleanup
Cartoon Commercials-all scanned
Popeye in Technicolor- waiting for 3 films

2nd tier:
Kipling's Women- scanning late this week
Stop Motion Marvels-nearly half of the films scanned
1967 IB Tech Feature-two of five reels scanned
1973 Feature-1 reel of four scanned
Aesops's Fables V.1-in progress- a few films scanned to add
Tom & Jerry-no new progress to report
More Technicolor Dreams-no new progress to report
Comi-Colors-no new progress to report

Again, thanks to all that have helped with material and well as supporting all these things!
WaltWiz1901
2019-01-21T17:56:28Z
A few questions:
-Which sets will be given "mass-market" releases in 2019?
-I noticed that the audio of many of your Blu-rays are encoded as lossy Dolby Digital; when will you begin using lossless audio?
Steve Stanchfield
2019-01-21T18:40:43Z
Hi Waltwiz,

Ones that will be available beyond the pre-orders are:

Grotesqueries
Flip the Frog
Rainbow Parades
Noveltoons
More Stop Motion Marvels
Stop Motion Marvels
Kipling's Women
Stop Motion Marvels
Aesops's Fables V.1
Tom & Jerry
More Technicolor Dreams
Comi-Colors

For Audio, we have PCM audio when able to fit on the disc; there's so many things packed into some of them that the larger audio file just doesn't quite fit. I've heard often from people saying the Dolby Digital is lossy, but on the films we do I've never been able to hear any difference in quality (or see any degrade in dynamic range on my scopes at all); perhaps these older recordings just don't have the dynamic range that would benefit from PCM as much. Still, I try to use PCM if able to fit on the disc, so many of the Thunderbean titles do (and all the 'special' discs have PCM)

The goal is to have all of these out in the coming year, and more. Things are expanding and many projects reaching their goals.
Justin Delbert
2019-01-23T08:11:21Z
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa........you're putting out adult films now?! Naughty Naughty................
nickramer
2019-01-24T15:00:47Z
Actually, that's for a sister label. They already released "Reefer Party" which features a dirty animated short.
Duck Dodgers
2019-03-20T07:53:45Z
Hi Steve, any news? There's new stuff I'd love to get....but I still miss orders that I pai for from almost 2 years....
Duck Dodgers
2019-04-15T12:09:29Z
Steve, sent you money (I already paid it once) for the Screen Songs, please send it soon at
a fast rate (for which I've already paid).
Thanks
Duck Dodgers
2019-05-02T18:11:28Z
Originally Posted by: Duck Dodgers 

Steve, sent you money (I already paid it once) for the Screen Songs, please send it soon at
a fast rate (for which I've already paid).
Thanks

Steve, even paid twice for the Screen Songs set (plus extra shipping)....still waiting other stuff. Any news, please? Thanks.
Steve Stanchfield
2019-05-06T03:12:37Z
We're working really hard to get everything done out the door; It's been going really well, with all the 'backlog' stuff all packed, and almost all the pre-orders for the things that are finished now addressed and waiting for the last dubs of some things each.

Duck-- I'll refund the Screen Songs. I have other things to send you as well.

Thanks all,

Steve
nickramer
2019-05-06T13:42:42Z
This is just a suggestion, Steve, but since you have a lot of projects going on at once, maybe you should take a break from doing these special discs. I think it will take a whole bunch of stress off your back along with these impatient complaints. That being said, please keep up the good work on these official releases.
Sinnott
2019-05-08T02:23:38Z
Originally Posted by: Steve Stanchfield 

... all the 'backlog' stuff all packed, and almost all the pre-orders for the things that are finished now addressed and waiting for the last dubs of some things each.

Hope the rest of my discs are included in this next mailing. Looking forward to getting them at last.

John Sinnott
Duck Dodgers
2019-05-08T17:29:07Z
Originally Posted by: Steve Stanchfield 

We're working really hard to get everything done out the door; It's been going really well, with all the 'backlog' stuff all packed, and almost all the pre-orders for the things that are finished now addressed and waiting for the last dubs of some things each.

Duck-- I'll refund the Screen Songs. I have other things to send you as well.

Thanks all,

Steve

I don't want the refund. I just want the Screen Songs plus the other stuff, I paid for fast shipping so it should be easy, with fast shipping (a mere 20$) I get stuff from Amazon (United States) in 2 days so I can't understand why it is sadly taking months. Please do something. Thanks for your magnificent work, Steve, you are an hero for me.....but I'd love to get my dvds soon when I pay for fast shipping 😉 Thanks again a real lot

DawnShadow
2019-05-09T03:39:48Z

I don't want the refund. I just want the Screen Songs plus the other stuff, I paid for fast shipping so it should be easy, with fast shipping (a mere 20$) I get stuff from Amazon (United States) in 2 days so I can't understand why it is sadly taking months. Please do something. Thanks for your magnificent work, Steve, you are an hero for me.....but I'd love to get my dvds soon when I pay for fast shipping 😉 Thanks again a real lot

Steve doesn’t offer “fast postage”. You can’t just pay someone for something they don’t offer and expect them to do it. Since he doesn’t offer it, he isn’t going into individual orders and looking for who paid for this imaginary advantage. Do you go into your local Walmart or any random old store and tip them $20 to post something to your house with “fast postage”? They wouldn’t do it, it’s ridiculous to expect it.
Duck Dodgers
2019-05-09T07:50:04Z
Originally Posted by: DawnShadow 

Steve doesn’t offer “fast postage”. You can’t just pay someone for something they don’t offer and expect them to do it. Since he doesn’t offer it, he isn’t going into individual orders and looking for who paid for this imaginary advantage. Do you go into your local Walmart or any random old store and tip them $20 to post something to your house with “fast postage”? They wouldn’t do it, it’s ridiculous to expect it.

He offered it because we talked about it and it was ok for him.
monks19
2019-05-13T12:57:41Z
Hi. Question here

Which ones among those discs mentioned earlier (the special sets) are still available to order today ? I'm asking because I really lost the pace and I don't want to send money to a title that isn't available anymore.

Thansk to clarify this, please.
ToonFan
2019-05-13T18:20:57Z
Steve, can we expect Screen Songs in our mailboxes soon? Some postings in this thread seem to hint at it being shipped, but I may be reading them wrong.