ValentinM
2018-04-01T09:11:49Z
Fleischer's Superman's success clearly attracted imitators willing to bring more superheroes to the screen.
This article is dated February 28, 1942.

Batman to be Adapted in Animated Shorts
By A. Fool
A deal has been struck between Detective Comics Inc., Warner Bros. and Leon Schlesinger Studios, home to the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies animated subjects, to release animated shorts adapted from the Batman comics for the 1942-1943 season, in the presence of Detective Comics publisher Harry Donenfeld, Warner chairman Jack L. Warner and studio producer Leon Schlesinger, creator of Porky Pig and Bugs Bunny. "You can expect to find foes such as the Joker and Penguin in the upcoming shorts", executive producer Henry Binder says. "Our staff is working really hard on these. We will release 12 cartoons between this year and 1943."
Schlesinger has been quoted as saying, "I don't give a sh*t about that superhero stuff but you have to be a goddamn fool to miss this opportunity!".

Handling of shorts is assigned to the units of Chuck Jones, Friz Freleng, and Bob Clampett. Whatever happened to cause the project to be cancelled is unknown but production drawings, and even a test print are known to survive. Mark Kausler tells me that he owns some sick sketches of Catwoman by Rod Scribner in his collection!
Daffyrocks18
2018-04-01T15:31:15Z
I don't think you posted this in the right category.

The "April Fools Threads" place is only for old April Fools jokes, which are put here after 1st April of every year is done.

Isn't that right? [crow]
"WOO HOO! WOO HOO! WOO HOO-HOO-HOO-HOO!!!!"
PopKorn Kat
2018-04-01T17:24:29Z
Originally Posted by: Daffyrocks18 

I don't think you posted this in the right category.

The "April Fools Threads" place is only for old April Fools jokes, which are put here after 1st April of every year is done.

Isn't that right? [crow]

That's right.