Jason Todd
2018-02-19T15:20:56Z
For a Van Beuren set to contain The Sunshine Makers is hardly anything short of predictable, and with good reason! It's a classic! That said, have the original titles been restored for this recent set?

If so, that alone would be the selling point of this set for me.
dbear
2018-02-19T18:02:18Z
The "Classics" set uses a beautiful 35mm Cinecolor print with the Borden reissue titles.

The upcoming "Rainbow Parade" blu-ray will no doubt include a recently uncovered 35mm element seen below, possibly the only in existence with the RKO original titles:
http://cartoonresearch.c...and-happy-new-year-1952/ 
Jason Todd
2018-02-20T03:15:26Z
Then I'll just buy the Rainbow Parade set when it comes out.

The Sunshine Makers and Cupid Gets His Man are top-notch Van Beuren cartoons, in my opinion.
ParamountCartoons
2018-02-20T18:28:32Z
Originally Posted by: Jason Todd 

Then I'll just buy the Rainbow Parade set when it comes out.

The Sunshine Makers and Cupid Gets His Man are top-notch Van Beuren cartoons, in my opinion.

The Rainbow Parade Blu-ray upgrade, is well, worth the upgrade. I don't like the idea of "Classics from the Van Bueren Studio" for certain reasons and I'll leave it at that.

Plus you'll get the 3-strip Tech cartoons that were absent from the original DVD. So if you like Molly Moo-Cow's later adventures or (oh boy) [felix] 's short lived Technicolor film career (they're really fun to watch), then this set is again, worth the upgrade.
Jason Todd
2018-02-21T00:17:27Z
I remember seeing a 1936 Felix the Cat entry, Neptune Nonsense several years ago. A cute cartoon, but it was in such poor quality (and the colors were so faded), that it was barely watchable. I would imagine that Thunderbean has the power to make that 'toon look as though it's brand-new.
nickramer
2018-02-21T17:34:23Z
Thunderbean usually puts great effort into making the prints look the best they can. You can't really find poor quality here.
PopKorn Kat
2018-02-21T17:58:46Z
The screenshots I submitted for "Neptune Nonsense"  are straight from the Classics from the Van Beuren Studio Blu-Ray. Wink wink.
Daffyrocks18
2018-03-22T14:42:54Z
Hopefully these upgraded prints from the Van Beuren Blu-Ray will soon turn up on Youtube or any other online site. I am very excited! 🖐
"WOO HOO! WOO HOO! WOO HOO-HOO-HOO-HOO!!!!"