Jason Todd
2017-12-24T00:59:54Z
For those of you who own Thunderbean's Noveltoons compilation set, is the print used for Sudden Fried Chicken splicy, like the YouTube copies of this cartoon seem to suggest?

Not that I have a problem with it, of course (I don't); I'm just wondering.
VoiceTalentBrendan
2017-12-24T02:23:34Z
I have the DVD. Sudden Fried chicken is splicy toward the end. Sudden Fried Chicken is also one of the few cartoons on the DVD that looks like a VHS source
the rest of the shorts are very good quality. .
VoiceTalentBrendan
2017-12-24T02:50:19Z
I do recommend the DVD
Jason Todd
2017-12-24T04:27:54Z
Originally Posted by: VoiceTalentBrendan 

I do recommend the DVD

It's currently on my list of cartoon DVDs I intend on buying.
LuckyToon
2017-12-24T05:36:41Z
Originally Posted by: VoiceTalentBrendan 

I have the DVD. Sudden Fried chicken is splicy toward the end. Sudden Fried Chicken is also one of the few cartoons on the DVD that looks like a VHS source
the rest of the shorts are very good quality. .

Yeah, all they did was take the same PD copy and cheaply added it to the DVD. But there is a remastered version taken from an international channel and is spliced free, which you can see here  on YouTube.
Jason Todd
2017-12-24T06:51:27Z
Originally Posted by: LuckyToon 

Yeah, all they did was take the same PD copy and cheaply added it to the DVD. But there is a remastered version taken from an international channel and is spliced free, which you can see here  on YouTube.

I've seen that print before. Who restored that, and is it available on any form of physical media?
LuckyToon
2017-12-24T22:50:34Z
Originally Posted by: Jason Todd 

I've seen that print before. Who restored that, and is it available on any form of physical media?

IDK who restored it, all I know it was aired on an internationally. And unfortunately this remastered copy hasn't gotten a physical release on DVD and/or Blu Ray yet. But I doubt that will ever happen.
Jason Todd
2017-12-25T00:48:52Z
That's such a shame...
WaltWiz1901
2017-12-25T02:58:26Z

IDK who restored it, all I know it was aired on an internationally. And unfortunately this remastered copy hasn't gotten a physical release on DVD and/or Blu Ray yet. But I doubt that will ever happen.

Could Steve try to restore the short fully on the Blu-ray version of Noveltoons coming out next month?
Jason Todd
2017-12-25T09:48:40Z
Originally Posted by: WaltWiz1901 

Could Steve try to restore the short fully on the Blu-ray version of Noveltoons coming out next month?

There's a Noveltoons Blu-ray coming out? Says who?
WaltWiz1901
2017-12-25T11:17:04Z

Originally Posted by: WaltWiz1901 

There's a Noveltoons Blu-ray coming out? Says who?

Steve has said he placed up pre-orders for a Blu-ray version of Noveltoons, which contains extra shorts and a disc of things that weren't on the DVD version.
Jason Todd
2017-12-25T18:49:11Z
Oh, wow. Then I should definitely look into that.