drmark7
2016-07-21T06:07:57Z
Check your local listings. Tomorrow (THURSDAY 07-21-16) on the DECADES channel they are showing both Hanna Barbera animated pilots that appeared as episodes of LOVE AMERICAN STYLE. I get DECADES on rabbit ears OTA and it is also on Time Warner cable. They just get better and better as they present match-ups like this!

DECADES shows their 6 hour line up, 3 times within one day. Check your local listings for times in your area.
You can also catch a vintage 70s episode of THE DICK CAVETT SHOW with guests Robert Young and JIMI HENDRIX(!) on the same day!

Love, American Style:
Episode: Love and the Old-Fashioned Father
A teen wants permission to go away with her hippie boyfriend.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0637056/combined 
(This is the pilot for WAIT TIL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME)
(Is this PILOT on either of the WAIT TIL season sets???)

Love, American Style:
Episode: Love and the Private Eye 1972
Melvin, a master of disguises, delivers a large payroll to a tycoon.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0637048/combined 
(This is the pilot with Richard Dawson as "Melvin Danger." It was always my opinion that this kinda morphed into the later, similar HB series... INCH HIGH PRIVATE EYE.)
drmark7
2016-07-23T05:17:23Z
Originally Posted by: drmark7 

Hanna-Barbera animated pilots that appeared as episodes of LOVE AMERICAN STYLE.

Love, American Style: Episode: Love and the Old-Fashioned Father
(This is the pilot for WAIT TIL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME)

Love, American Style: Episode: Love and the Private Eye 1972
(This is the pilot with Richard Dawson as "MELVIN DANGER"

Both were presented by incredibly sharp video transfers and seemed uncut.

I did not see the introduction of the FATHER segment.

It was interesting to note that during the lead-in to to Private Eye/MELVIN DANGER, the Love American Style episode title card of the floating heart with fireworks in the background- the FIREWORKS were clearly ANIMATED by Hanna-Barbera to go along with the theme of an animated episode!

Richard Dawson seemed to be doing a Humphrey Bogart impression as the voice of Melvin.

The design of the animated secretary looked a great deal like several other female H-B characters of the era.