nickramer
2016-06-04T17:59:26Z
I just got back from Cinevent, which is an annual classic films screening and market festival that takes place every year in Columbus, Ohio, which is where I reside. This year marks their 48th event. I was there to watch their 9 A. M. Annual Animation Program (the 27th) which is always held on a Saturday. This year, the selection consist a cartoon from almost every Sound-era animation studios ( Famous was not included as the programmer considered it to be Fleischer under new management and they only had room for 10 cartoons) in chorological order. This contained some classics and some that were shown at the festival before. Here's the list:

Rudy Vallee Melodies ( Fleischer, 1932)[betty]

Hypnotic Eyes ( Terrytoons, 1933)

Opening Night ( Van Beuren, 1933) [cubbysmiliehere]

Insultin' the Sultan (Iwerks, 1934) [williesmiliehere]

The Tortoise and the Hare (Disney, 1935)

Streamline Greta Green (Warners, 1937) (repeat)

Little Moth's Big Flame (Columbia, 1938) (repeat)

Dippy Diplomat (Lantz, 1945) [woody]

Magical Maestro (MGM, 1952) (repeat)

Magoo's Masterpiece (UPA, 1953) [magoo]

Overall, it was a great screening and I got some of the special Thunderbean discs, although, I didn't see Steve. I recommended going to this event if you have a chance.

Also, I got an announcement regarding my annual coverage of Ohio Theatre's Summer Movie Series' Cartoon Caper screenings . I will not be going to the June 25th screening as I'll be in California that week. However, I'm still curious on what the selection of cartoons are going to be shown that day as I want the list to be on this forum. I already emailed CAPA about sending me a scan of the flyer that listed the day's cartoons selection when it happens (no reply as of yet) and plan to call to request it sometime next week.
I was wondering if anyone here that lives near the Columbus, Ohio area will come to this screening and find out what cartoons are shown, which are usually Warner owned shorts (although, the screenings sometimes have a mystery cartoon from another studio which is kept secret on the program flyer) . I should mention that most of the Summer Movies screenings are shown digitally instead of film and most of the cartoons shown are ones that are available on DVD/Blu-Ray. However, I still recommended going there as it's a great experience seeing the cartoons on the big screen in a theatre. If anyone goes to this screening, I will greatly appreciated it. And don't worry, I am still planning to cover the July 23rd show.
kazblox
2016-06-04T20:44:39Z
Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Was this screened from an original print or a Barker Bill/Syndication print?
nickramer
2016-06-05T02:54:19Z
Originally Posted by: kazblox 

Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Was this screened from an original print or a Barker Bill/Syndication print?

It was either an original film print or a Castle Films print as I don't remember. It was defiantly not a TV print, though.