Mister Bighead
2015-04-01T18:37:22Z
Warner Bros. may have removed every one of their copyrighted classic cartoons on YouTube, but today, Warner Bros. has done justice for us classic cartoon fans. Warner Bros. has released a YouTube channel specific for Looney Tunes cartoons.

"Home media sales have been poor, so we figured the best thing to do is release our classic cartoon catalog online," said an anonymous Warner Bros. representative. "Since technology is becoming more part of our lifestyle, we figured we should bring our beloved characters to the computer and tablet screens."

The new YouTube channel has nearly 400 available classic Warner Bros. cartoons. Some of them are even divided into playlists. For example, Bugs Bunny's greatest hits have their own playlists and so do the Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons. They'll eventually upload all of their 1000+ cartoons as soon as they finish with restorations.

"With new methods of advertising using technology, we figure it would be best if we raise the necessary funds to have more restoration work done quicker," said the representative. "That way, we can introduce obscure characters to the world."

"I believe this is a great idea," said animation historian Jerry Beck. "The world needs more animation enthusiasts, and what better way for the casual cartoon fan to learn about animation's past than to discover cartoons online."

The cartoons on the YouTube channel will be ad-supported and posted with a "WB" stamp on the lower right-hand corner. Better-quality and ad-free cartoons will eventually be uploaded to Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Amazon Prime.
ParamountCartoons
2015-04-01T18:43:42Z
I bet these April Fools posts have better business oppritunites than what WB's doing right now!
TheCombinator
2015-04-01T22:02:44Z
Originally Posted by: ParamountCartoons 

I bet these April Fools posts have better business oppritunites than what WB's doing right now!

sad but true
Bobby Bickert
2015-04-07T01:11:21Z
Actually, it looks like WB is posting classic Looney Tunes (and Merrie Melodies) on YouTube...for a price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MSO_KU53lI 
LuckyToon
2015-04-07T01:50:47Z
Originally Posted by: Bobby Bickert 

Actually, it looks like WB is posting classic Looney Tunes (and Merrie Melodies) on YouTube...for a price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MSO_KU53lI 

The only problem is that you can't access their channel normally. It keeps saying "This channel is not available" everytime you try to enter it.
2015-04-12T15:42:02Z
And that's why I do not upload Looney Tunes cartoons on YouTube.
Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead
2015-06-10T22:55:47Z
For a minute there I thought when i first read this when it posted over a few MONTHS ago that it was serious....

(In case you're wondering 'bout my absence, I had to re-set my password..)
Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead
2016-03-19T06:45:37Z
They're showing Looney Tunes now on Boomerang (all Freleng and MCKimsons).
nickramer
2016-03-19T16:24:18Z
And Jones as well.

I should mention that we already have a Boomerang thread in the TV section.