Nocturnaloner
2015-12-10T23:13:46Z
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but if it's not, let me know where I should post it. Screen Novelties is a small SoCal animation studio that specializes in stop motion animation and in-camera effects. They're working on a cool new short called The WitchDoctor that they are trying to get funded on Kickstarter. Take a look:

The WitchDoctor

https://www.kickstarter....73450133/the-witchdoctor 

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can see a list of some of the stuff they've worked on in the past, which includes Elf:Buddy's Musical Christmas, and several other pieces you might recognize. This project may appeal to you if you're into Tiki culture, which is a big influence.
Toadette
2015-12-11T01:50:17Z
Count me as a fan of Screen Novelties! Their films are quirky, yet beautiful and unique; I'm excited to see what they do with Tiki culture in this film.

Five days to go...and only three-fourths there.
Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead
2015-12-14T06:29:30Z
So this had the 1958 classic David Seville song? :)

I still remember the 1961 Alvin show video which in part had the witch doctor (Alllvinnn!) showing David Seville the bill on the last line of the beloved gibberish chorus. OOO EEE OOO AHHH TING TANG WALLA WALLA BING BANG! OOE OEE TING TANG WALLA WALLA BANG!
Bobby Bickert
2015-12-17T01:35:15Z
"Witch Doctor" was performed on The Muppet Show by the character with the Muppetones. He would hit each Muppetone to get the "OOO!" "EEE!" "OOO!" "AHH!" "AHH!" "TING!" "TANG!" "WALLA!" "WALLA!" "BING!" "BANG!" sounds. Then, with a puff of smoke, the witch doctor appears, says "I told you not to tell anyone!", and turns the guys head into a Muppetone!
Toadette
2015-12-17T01:43:16Z
And at $65,055 the goal has been achieved! (Including a $63,000 stretch goal with an extra reward of swizzle sticks!) I'll be waiting for the final film, however bizarre it comes out.

P.S. I have moved this to the off-topic section, as this doesn't really qualify as "Television Animation".
Nocturnaloner
2015-12-18T18:52:23Z
Originally Posted by: Toadette 

And at $65,055 the goal has been achieved! (Including a $63,000 stretch goal with an extra reward of swizzle sticks!) I'll be waiting for the final film, however bizarre it comes out.

P.S. I have moved this to the off-topic section, as this doesn't really qualify as "Television Animation".

Thank you very much for that! For some reason my brain didn't register the "TV" heading above the forum name.

Anyway, Kickstarters are strange things. The first two and last two days seem to be big beyond reckoning. 5 days out, I wouldn't have given them a chance, then boom, donations pour in.

Screen Novelties is great! One of the last hand-crafted animation studios, and a very small one at that. I'm glad to support them, but I'm a huge Tiki fan to boot, and I've got the basement to prove it.