New 'Special' set: IB Technicolor Animated Feature plus shorts - Forum.
Steve Stanchfield
2015-07-19T13:52:41Z
Now that all the copies have been sent on the last special disc (there were two with other discs that took a few days to get out), it's time for another set (there's a handful of you that convinced me to do this one).

First, thanks for the feedback, IAD folks, and continued support of these collections. You folks, the animation community, have really made this little company survive- these sets are all a sort of 'Thank-you' without going broke doing so- and they also allow a lot of things to be transferred and available that otherwise may not be. From the responses here and through email, the features wins out!

The next question is what other shorts will be included, so I'd like to do a popular vote to include 5 other shorts, either related to the feature or unrelated. Put in your vote! Send me suggestions!

This offer is for a 'special' Blu-ray/DVD combo set (BDR, DVDR) featuring a well-loved animated feature. It is available to members of the IAD forum only. The transfer will be from a 35mm in IB Technicolor print, in overall excellent shape. It's the best I've ever seen on this title, and will be presented unchanged from it's theatrical presentation- no scrubbed out details or fixes, no music changes or fixes; just as it was made. We'll include 5 bonus cartoons on the set (to be decided by the IAD forum!). If able, I'll be transferring the original title sequence from a blu-track 16mm IB Technicolor print as well.

The set will be limited to 65 copies, and is available for one week only (though July 26th). It's $14.95 plus $2 postage, $6 postage for orders outside the US.

The orders are set up the usual way, through Paypal only. Paypal address is steves@thunderbeananimation.com

Thanks everyone!

ToonStar95
2015-07-19T14:14:34Z
I had to think about it...for about a nanosecond!
Blubat88
2015-07-19T17:16:34Z
Payment sent (Though the wording may be confusing at first). You're really burning a hole in my wallet with all these bonus discs.
ferpme
2015-07-19T17:32:50Z
Money sent...have to admit I was a LITTLE unsure what to post in the comment box on PAYPAL...so I cut and pasted "This offer is for a 'special' Blu-ray/DVD combo set (BDR, DVDR) featuring a well-loved animated feature."
Hope that's clear enough!!
Thanks. Can't wait.
Blubat88
2015-07-19T17:35:58Z
Well-loved animated feature, huh? There's so many films to choose from and so many decades, that it could be anything. That also makes it harder for me to choose shorts to go along with it. Maybe if you provide a few small hints in the next few days.
Duck Dodgers
2015-07-19T17:49:14Z
Payment done!
Toadette
2015-07-19T18:13:46Z
Originally Posted by: Blubat88 

Well-loved animated feature, huh? There's so many films to choose from and so many decades, that it could be anything. That also makes it harder for me to choose shorts to go along with it. Maybe if you provide a few small hints in the next few days.

Mr. Stanchfield has stated in the other thread that the 35mm IB Tech is from the 60s, in addition to stating here that the original title sequence might come from a blu-track 16mm IB Tech print.
Steve Stanchfield
2015-07-19T19:54:02Z
This is a hint in there. There's a series of shorts that have one of the characters from the film (some say he really is the main character). He was always my favorite character in the film, even though he's technically the side kick. He shows up in another animated feature as well.
ToonStar95
2015-07-19T19:56:23Z
Mickey Mouse? If so, then it's either FANTASIA or FUN AND FANCY FREE.
Bobby Bickert
2015-07-19T22:25:27Z
Originally Posted by: Steve Stanchfield 

This is a hint in there. There's a series of shorts that have one of the characters from the film (some say he really is the main character). He was always my favorite character in the film, even though he's technically the side kick. He shows up in another animated feature as well.

This character also occasionally was the "substitute host" of a long-running TV show.
Toadette
2015-07-19T22:29:40Z
Pinocchio! (The answer, after all, must be Jiminy Cricket.)
Blubat88
2015-07-19T23:53:38Z
Originally Posted by: Bobby Bickert 

This character also occasionally was the "substitute host" of a long-running TV show.

Which one, Ludwig Von Drake or Jiminy Cricket?

If it IS a Disney feature (Pinocchio Fantasia or Fun and Fancy Free). You could include some of the I'm No Fool educational shorts.

It may not even be Disney at all, so who knows?
ParamountCartoons
2015-07-20T00:06:34Z
Originally Posted by: Blubat88 

Originally Posted by: Bobby Bickert 

Which one, Ludwig Von Drake or Jiminy Cricket?

If it IS a Disney feature (Pinocchio Fantasia or Fun and Fancy Free). You could include some of the I'm No Fool educational shorts.

It may not even be Disney at all, so who knows?

It might be Paramount......Mr. Bug Goes to Town comes in mind......
GrindhouseGuru
2015-07-20T00:50:08Z
If its a disney release

The Mad Scientist in 1080!!!!

Also maybe one of Micky's best educational shorts

include something a bit risqué' for a disney short.

Just make sure the added tunes really take advantage of the detail that can be appreciated in HD. Something SPACE related!

If its Fleisher cartoon heres a list of my 5 vote

A couple more of the Stereoscopic or multiple layered Popeyes in 1080, or a couple that would REALLY lend themselves to HD

Minnie The Moocher and The old man In The MTN in 1080

or some of the Fleischers that would REALLY "pop" in High Def that have never had the chance to really be appreciated. Something fast paced and lots of beautiful background work and special effects.

I don't know, maybe a couple SUPERMAN toons if you have any 35MM transfers or even 16 that would ace any of the commercial releases. Even unrestored, a couple of those in HD would be awesome!

DevonB
2015-07-20T01:34:13Z
Originally Posted by: GrindhouseGuru 

Minnie The Moocher and The old man In The MTN in 1080

Olive Films did that already. They look stunning.
ParamountCartoons
2015-07-20T13:13:55Z
Fleischer's Hunky and Spunky (but only an IB tech with original titles).........
GrindhouseGuru
2015-07-20T14:39:37Z
You are correct Deven. And I think they don't suffer from the BIG HEAD syndrome like the first disk items.
pseudox
2015-07-20T16:49:09Z
I vote for the extra cartoons ( at least one of them) to be the Merrie Melodies Foxy cartoons;

"Smile, Darn Ya, Smile!"
"Lady, Play Your Mandolin!"
"One More Time"

These are my favorite PD tunes and would love to have them in HD.
Wolfie
2015-07-20T18:43:38Z
If we're talking Disney, any shorts at all that weren't on the Treasures sets would be just sensationally good. Of course, whatever you choose will be greatly appreciated!
LuckyToon
2015-07-20T19:07:13Z
I would like them to make a collection of pre-1943 black & white Looney Tunes remastered in HD as well. Mainly the ones not released on the Golden Collections and Platinum Collections. Those are my personal favorites of the Looney Tunes library.