Kyroe
  • Kyroe
  • Member Topic Starter
2022-05-11T18:12:31Z
Since Warner has no plans of releasing the cartoon, and the unofficial print is locked behind a Patreon paywall, I would love to see his remastered version. If anyone has it, PM me.
PopKorn Kat
2022-05-11T20:58:39Z
Why can't you just pledge to cartoon98100's Patreon if you wish to see it?
Justin Delbert
2022-05-11T21:14:03Z
1. It won't be released until Saturday
2. You have no choice but to make a pledge to see it. It's a reward for NAAH's hard work in preserving classic animation
Kyroe
  • Kyroe
  • Member Topic Starter
2022-05-11T21:34:57Z
Got a point there. I'll pledge to him the money.
IrmaLaKnutsch
2022-05-12T10:19:07Z
Originally Posted by: Kyroe 

Please give me the link to it.
Kyroe
  • Kyroe
  • Member Topic Starter
2022-05-12T12:23:22Z
Originally Posted by: IrmaLaKnutsch 

https://www.patreon.com/...asanova-cat-raw-55231745 
Mesterius
2022-05-13T13:15:32Z

Originally Posted by: IrmaLaKnutsch 

https://www.patreon.com/...asanova-cat-raw-55231745 

I'm a little confused. It says on the site, "Join now for $85 a month", but in the right-hand margin there are tier alternatives running from $2 to $10 a month. What do we need to pay exactly?

Something I also find weird is that there's both an option to "Join now for 85 NOK per month" (Norwegian kroner; the currency in my country) and "Join now for $85 a month" (US dollars, a completely different amount than 85 NOK). Maybe Patreon is confused here.

UserPostedImage

cartoon981002
2022-05-13T22:09:54Z
Unfortunately, Ithink it's a problem of Patreon, due to the different country. I manage the channel from Italy, so I certainly know that there are some problems with different countries.

I think that the best thing would be read closely descriptions from various levels and contents, so you can see which are the benefits of each level, and which type of subscription do you need to access a specific content.

Anyway, the restored version of "Casanova Cat" is not available yet, but it will be soon!

I'm always available for any question or problem 🙂.
Mesterius
2022-05-13T23:02:41Z
Originally Posted by: cartoon981002 

Unfortunately, Ithink it's a problem of Patreon, due to the different country. I manage the channel from Italy, so I certainly know that there are some problems with different countries.

I think that the best thing would be read closely descriptions from various levels and contents, so you can see which are the benefits of each level, and which type of subscription do you need to access a specific content.

Anyway, the restored version of "Casanova Cat" is not available yet, but it will be soon!

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚ But could you just tell me... from your end, is $10 the amount I need to pay to get the top tier, i.e. HD download without logo?
cartoon981002
2022-05-14T04:02:25Z
Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚ But could you just tell me... from your end, is $10 the amount I need to pay to get the top tier, i.e. HD download without logo?

Sure, it is, the highest level "Frenemies", is the one with all the benefits 🙂.

And for the restoration of "Casanova Cat", I can start anticipating you that me and Not An Animation Historian we're thinking to make it available only in logo version for now, because there's some people that are already trying to have it without a subscription.
This is not correct for our work, especially for the great work that NAAH did on it, so we're considering what to do.
Kyroe
  • Kyroe
  • Member Topic Starter
2022-05-14T04:48:38Z

Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

Sure, it is, the highest level "Frenemies", is the one with all the benefits 🙂.

And for the restoration of "Casanova Cat", I can start anticipating you that me and Not An Animation Historian we're thinking to make it available only in logo version for now, because there's some people that are already trying to have it without a subscription.
This is not correct for our work, especially for the great work that NAAH did on it, so we're considering what to do.

It's worth it to pay up and do a pledge for the excellent work you and NAAH has done, especially when large corporations do not care for original titles to the cartoons, let alone the actual cartoons. Sony, Universal, and especially Viacom obviously doesn't care at all for the cartoons with the original titles (like the Terrytoons). It's nice you're considering putting an logo version for people (like me), who don't have enough money to subscribe. I would love to have Casanova Cat in its full uncut glory with the original titles, but I don't have the money. Thanks for considering putting it only in logo version. Correct me if screwed up any of your words
cartoon981002
2022-05-14T12:44:52Z
Well, that's not exactly like this.
The idea for now, is to make it available only for the Patreons, and only in logo version, because we don't want that it will be shared privately at the moment.

Said this, to clarify, I started this project on Casanova years ago, because I'd like that every fan can have a copy of our restored version, this is one of the reasons why I do all this work. So I'm the first person that want every fan to have it in all his beauty, but not now, because, again, it's not correct for the work that NAAH and I did.
Probably, it will be made available with all fans the next year, but until then, it will only be available on Patreon.
Kyroe
  • Kyroe
  • Member Topic Starter
2022-05-14T12:59:57Z

The idea for now, is to make it available only for the Patreons, and only in logo version, because we don't want that it will be shared privately at the moment.

Said this, to clarify, I started this project on Casanova years ago, because I'd like that every fan can have a copy of our restored version, this is one of the reasons why I do all this work. So I'm the first person that want every fan to have it in all his beauty, but not now, because, again, it's not correct for the work that NAAH and I did.
Probably, it will be made available with all fans the next year, but until then, it will only be available on Patreon.

Oh, ok. Now I get it. Thanks for clarifying.
IrmaLaKnutsch
2022-05-15T07:18:28Z
I am confused now
Is the restored cartoon been published on Patreon yet?
(with or without logo doesn't matter)

I am Level "Spike"
(I wanted the highest level,
don't ask me how I messed that up again -
and I can't and don't want to change it until the first of next month)
and i only can find the "Raw Scan".
Mesterius
2022-05-15T16:30:33Z

Ahhh, okay, that's a little disappointing. Maybe I'll wait until next year then, if that means a logo-free version.
cartoon981002
2022-05-15T22:46:23Z
Nothing is decided yet, so I don't know if the restored version will be available only with the logo.
I was thinking for example, that we could make it available with a logo that appears from time to time, like the TCM airings, or maybe to make it available without logo, but only for streaming. We have to decide.

For now, I can only tell that is isn't available yet, but it will be soon. Me and NAAH were thinking to make it available in June, but it's not confirmed, we're fixing some things right now.

First of all, the soundtrack. The one of the 35mm I have, is the best available, because my print was made from the original nitrate negative, but unfortunately the opening it's incomplete. For this reason we'll use a Super 8 print for the intro, and we're trying to make it similar to the 35mm one, but it's difficult, because the soundtrack from the re-issue of this short always sounds like muffled from any source for some reason.

Then, we're fixing some minor issues with the colors and DVNR, and I don't know how much time all the work requires. So, I'll update you 🙂.
Kyroe
  • Kyroe
  • Member Topic Starter
2022-05-16T06:53:47Z

Nothing is decided yet, so I don't know if the restored version will be available only with the logo.
I was thinking for example, that we could make it available with a logo that appears from time to time, like the TCM airings, or maybe to make it available without logo, but only for streaming. We have to decide.

For now, I can only tell that is isn't available yet, but it will be soon. Me and NAAH were thinking to make it available in June, but it's not confirmed, we're fixing some things right now.

First of all, the soundtrack. The one of the 35mm I have, is the best available, because my print was made from the original nitrate negative, but unfortunately the opening it's incomplete. For this reason we'll use a Super 8 print for the intro, and we're trying to make it similar to the 35mm one, but it's difficult, because the soundtrack from the re-issue of this short always sounds like muffled from any source for some reason.

Then, we're fixing some minor issues with the colors and DVNR, and I don't know how much time all the work requires. So, I'll update you 🙂.

The muffled sound must've something to do with the sound process, the original print used the Western Electric Sound System sound process, the reissue used the Westrex Perspecta sound process.
cartoon981002
2022-05-16T07:42:31Z

The muffled sound must've something to do with the sound process, the original print used the Western Electric Sound System sound process, the reissue used the Westrex Perspecta sound process.

Exactly, that's what I thought, but there are other shorts like "Jerry And The Lion" that also in the re-issues, sounds really good.
For some reason, the re-issue of this specific shorts has a lot of problems, and some of them, were already on the original negative. That's another point why this is one of the worst Tom & Jerry's cartoons.

The original soundtrack anyway is simply amazing, it's so fresh that you can hear perfectly that instruments used in the recording session!