Toonatic
2022-01-10T10:45:26Z
I am so sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my prayers tonight.
S. C. MacPeter
2022-01-10T13:00:02Z
Originally Posted by: Roxen Trail 

Yeah… I am putting all of the blame on myself. Everybody can blame me, I will accept that blame.

I wouldn't even blame it on anyone. People make mistakes, and they can overcome it, it's just natural of humans. No need for a pity party, and besides, you're a kind dude

Hope you overcome COVID well

SimasTube19
2022-01-10T14:04:42Z
Originally Posted by: Roxen Trail 

I am not going to talk about this anymore. I am 17 years old and recently tested positive for COVID; I get hyped up or really excited about things very easily.

hope ya feel better soon
Roxen Trail
2022-01-11T01:18:21Z
Thanks everyone, especially S.C MacPeter, who I've known since late-July of last year. So happy this can be put to rest now.

Anyways, nothing to report on MeTV+'s Sunday Night Cartoons block from yesterday today.
tashlinfan44
2022-01-11T16:16:45Z
I totally lost track of all the new-in-HD Warner cartoons appearing on MeTV. Has anyone made a list of cartoons that have premiered on here with brand new restorations?
Roxen Trail
2022-01-11T16:43:49Z
Originally Posted by: tashlinfan44 

I totally lost track of all the new-in-HD Warner cartoons appearing on MeTV. Has anyone made a list of cartoons that have premiered on here with brand new restorations?

The HBO Max, MeTV, Amazon Prime Video, iTunes Video, and WarnerMedia RIDE pages on the Looney Tunes Wiki have got you all covered!
SimasTube19
2022-01-12T15:04:35Z
Originally Posted by: tashlinfan44 

yes
nickramer
2022-01-13T21:20:55Z
Since the channel is showing the Columbia Screen Gems shorts, is there a possible chance of them airing the theatrical UPA cartoons?
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2022-01-17T02:42:21Z
October Housekeeping

Saturday October 2 -

Cartoons Ain't Human (thankfully) leaves the Dipsy Glee pinup poster intact. It was strangely removed when it aired on Toon In with Me back in May.
UserPostedImage

A Taste of Catnip airs restored
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Monday October 4 -

Porky's Garden airs restored
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Thursday October 7 -

A Hick, A Slick, and A Chick airs restored
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Too many good images from this one for me to post.

Thursday October 14 -

Calling Dr. Porky airs restored

Saturday October 16 -

Señor Droopy leaves cigarette smoking scene intact. It seems that the edit earlier in the year was only for time and not content.
UserPostedImage

Monday October 19 -

Pantry Panic starring Woody Woodpecker airs. Since no Woody cartoons have aired since then, they seemingly aired it only because of its public domain status. I noticed some DVNR on it so it's likely the DVD transfer and not the HD one from the Blu-ray.

Thursday October 21 -

Bill highlights Rod Scribner's animation in Kitty Kornered when he introduces the cartoon
UserPostedImage

Thursday October 28 -

A Mouse Divided airs restored
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Friday October 29 -

The Toon In with Me Billoween special airs. One of those stupid National Weather Service banners interrupts the first few minutes of the special in my area.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Saturday October 30 -

Unlike the first time Magical Maestro aired, Poochini getting jacked up to normal size after getting hit with an anvil and sprayed with water is retained (below is the frame they start with). The Turner networks also used to leave this in, but they actually retained the shot of the pissed off audience member in the balcony carrying the anvil beforehand (Turner also edited the audio of that clip so we heard Poochini's regular singing voice).
UserPostedImage
Roxen Trail
2022-01-17T02:55:00Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

October Housekeeping

Saturday October 2 -

Cartoons Ain't Human (thankfully) leaves the Dipsy Glee pinup poster intact. It was strangely removed when it aired on Toon In with Me back in May.
UserPostedImage

A Taste of Catnip airs restored
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Monday October 4 -

Porky's Garden airs restored

Thursday October 7 -

A Hick, A Slick, and A Chick airs restored
Too many good images from this one for me to post.

Thursday October 14 -

Calling Dr. Porky airs restored

Saturday October 16 -

Señor Droopy leaves cigarette smoking scene intact. It seems that the edit earlier in the year was only for time and not content.
UserPostedImage

Monday October 19 -

Pantry Panic starring Woody Woodpecker airs. Since no Woody cartoons have aired since then, they seemingly aired it only because of its public domain status. I noticed some DVNR on it so it's likely the DVD transfer and not the HD one from the Blu-ray.

Thursday October 21 -

Bill highlights Rod Scribner's animation in Kitty Kornered when he introduces the cartoon
UserPostedImage

Thursday October 28 -

A Mouse Divided airs restored

Friday October 29 -

The Toon In with Me Billoween special airs. One of those stupid National Weather Service banners interrupts the first few minutes of the special in my area.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Saturday October 30 -

Unlike the first time Magical Maestro aired, Poochini getting jacked up to normal size after getting hit with an anvil and sprayed with water is retained (below is the frame they start with). The Turner networks also used to leave this in, but they actually retained the shot of the pissed off audience member in the balcony carrying the anvil beforehand (Turner also edited the audio of that clip so we heard Poochini's regular singing voice).
UserPostedImage

Awesome! Hopefully, the rest of the reports are not far behind either!

Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Since the channel is showing the Columbia Screen Gems shorts, is there a possible chance of them airing the theatrical UPA cartoons?

Only time will tell.
Looney Turtles
2022-01-17T02:55:54Z
Oh wow, they're playing "Norman Normal" next Saturday. I don't think this short has been shown on American TV since the 80's. Can anyone confirm this?
Roxen Trail
2022-01-17T02:58:36Z
Originally Posted by: Looney Turtles 

Oh wow, they're playing "Norman Normal" next Saturday. I don't think this short has been shown on American TV since the 80's. Can anyone confirm this?

I knew about that when I first checked the schedule. That's definitely a surprise for sure!

Also, I will say that MTGM did miss the report on “Kit for Cat”’s HD upgrade and “The Prize Pest”’s unrestored “dubbed” print airing on MeTV, but other than that, he was spot on!
nickramer
2022-01-18T05:35:37Z
Any other surprises I should look out for, like Fox and Crow cartoons on "Toon In With Me"?
PopKorn Kat
2022-01-18T06:22:52Z
The Columbia cartoons they're showing are the Totally Tooned In prints. That package did have The Fox & Crow cartoons, but only time will tell if Fauntleroy and Crawford will show up.
raginggoodfella
2022-01-19T01:32:12Z
Did the soundtrack on WHOA BE GONE and HARE-LESS WOLF seems edited or a little off to anybody on the 1.18.22 show?
nickramer
2022-01-19T15:43:55Z
Not in my opinion, but then I don't really give enough close attention to the soundtracks.
S. C. MacPeter
2022-01-20T20:09:10Z

Any other surprises I should look out for, like Fox and Crow cartoons on "Toon In With Me"?

I sent a request for them to play "The Fox & Crow", oddly, they haven't played a Columbia in quite a bit now...

Also, I feel like if they had the UPA shorts, they would've aired one by now, strange
RareSox
2022-01-20T22:53:57Z
Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

I sent a request for them to play "The Fox & Crow", oddly, they haven't played a Columbia in quite a bit now...

Also, I feel like if they had the UPA shorts, they would've aired one by now, strange

I feel as if the deal only includes Color Rhapsodies at the very moment. Maybe if we're lucky, we can get Swiss Tease on MeTV.
Slowly I Turn
2022-01-21T15:08:57Z
On Thursday's show Bill, in character said something to the effect that he was off to find new cartoons for the show. At the end of the show he came back on and said he had found lots of new cartoons to show. So for all the speculation of what else they might start showing it would seem we might be finding out soon--assuming this just wasn't a story line for the day.
RareSox
2022-01-21T18:27:38Z
I'll be willing to bet that this could mean a lot of things. I don't see much of the chances of Universal making a deal with MeTV, but I would just like to speculate on all of this.

S.C. MacPeter mentioned that Neal Sabin wanted to get the Krazy Kats and Scrappy cartoons restored on TV, down to the original titles (I think). And even though I would love the world to experience the woodpecker again, I find that we're more likely to see Krazy Kat on TIWM. Just my speculation.