Blob55
2021-07-02T20:33:14Z
Why only on Latin America HBO Max? I know people have problems with his surrounding cast being stereotypical, so why is it fine for people in Latin America to see him, but not North America?
fulano7
2021-07-03T01:06:18Z
Originally Posted by: Blob55 

Why only on Latin America HBO Max? I know people have problems with his surrounding cast being stereotypical, so why is it fine for people in Latin America to see him, but not North America?

Because for 99% of the LA audience, there is nothing demeaning in Speedy. He a is fun and smart mouse doing mouse business. He'll probably appear in HBO Max LA of all things because he's hugely popular in Mexico. If all stereotypes were to be cancelled, so should be Yosemite, Foghorn, Elmer... There are many stereotypes. It's just cartoons and caricatures, by design.

I think the most egregious racial depictions should be viewed critically. They should be preserved and released, but I don't actually root for them to be normalized or shown on television, because of the concrete consequences of prejudices. Some demeaning depictions really shouldn't be accepted as normal. However, I can say the same about certain stereotypes proeminent in present-day movies, accepted as "normal" by today's standards - each time has its set of normalized, socially acceptable prejudices.

But that's not the case with Speedy. The overprotective attitude towards ethnic depictions is more of a n American domestic self-criticism phenomenon than a point of concern to foreign peoples...
I always come to TTTP in Exile in the hope of finding news about Warner announcing Tex Avery Collection.
Blob55
2021-07-03T16:00:50Z
So does that mean Speeding shorts will eventually reach NA HBO Max?
fulano7
2021-07-14T16:10:24Z

Well, nobody knows for sure, but probably not.

These are the shorts present in the Brazilian feed of HBO Max, that are not present in North American HBO Max AND have never been released restored in HD through physical media:

44. Baton Bunny - new HD transfer removed from NA HBO Max, previously restored in SD
156. Bushy Hare - new to HD streaming, Super Stars transfer
172. The Cat's Bah - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Super Stars transfer available on Amazon Video
178. Catty Cornered - new HD transfer, previously restored in SD
359. Golden Yeggs - new HD transfer, previously restored in SD
362. Gonzales' Tamales - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Golden Collection transfer available on iTunes
363. Goo Goo Goliath - new to HD streaming, Golden Collection transfer
411. Heaven Scent - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Super Stars transfer available on Amazon Video
429. His Bitter Half - new HD restored transfer
500. Jumpin' Jupiter - new to HD streaming, Golden Collection transfer
525. Little Beau Pepe - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Super Stars transfer available on Amazon Video
612. Of Rice and Hen - new HD restored transfer, available on iTunes
630. Past Perfumance - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Super Stars transfer available on Amazon Video
716. Punch Trunk - new HD restored transfer
836. Stooge For A Mouse - new HD restored transfer
838. Stork Naked - new to HD streaming, Super Stars transfer cropped on DVD
849. The Super Snooper - new to HD streaming, Golden Collection transfer
880. Tortilla Flaps - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Golden Collection transfer available on iTunes
961. Wild Over You - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Super Stars transfer available on Amazon Video

The episode numbers come from the service.
I always come to TTTP in Exile in the hope of finding news about Warner announcing Tex Avery Collection.
Leviathan
2021-07-14T18:17:52Z
I wonder if some of the shorts pulled from the American surface might show up again in foreign feeds. They're still in the system, and the issues with them are more brief gags than plot points (and some weren't even offensive at all).
snowpeck
2021-07-17T20:32:49Z
In the last few days, they've also added "Bugs' Bonnets," "Bear Feat," and "The EGGcited Rooster" to HBO Max Latin America.
Jason Todd
2021-07-19T10:44:50Z
Any word on when we can expect another batch of Looney Tunes classics to appear on the North American HBO Max?
fulano7
2021-07-19T19:57:23Z
Since the end of Golden Collection, the restorations have been a mess. There are many possible variations of the quality and availability of the cartoons. Warner's restoration quality control decayed, while the different flavors of transfer issues and platform chaos increased.

Jack Sparrow preservation efforts have many variables to keep track of: restored on bluray, restored on DVD but not BluRay, restored on HD streaming and DVD but not bluray, restored on DVD but cropped to 4:3, shorts unrestored on Boomerang, unrestored on DVD as bonus features, restored with wrong low-pitch audio, restored with DVNR, restored in SD for Golden Collection vol. 1 and re-restored in HD, shorts that aired restored on MeTV and nowhere else, Porky Pig 101 interpositive transfers, Porky Pig 101 interpositive transfer with musical cue corrected on HBO Max, HBO Max zoomed-out photoshopped titles, HBO Max wrong music cues, HBO Max messed-up title cards, messed-up key frame transitions (e.g. Punch Trunk), restorations intended for HBO Max but only available on iTunes and/or Amazon Video...
And now there is another fucking level of availability mess, it's the various HBO Max feeds. Some shorts are reported to be in a generic Latin American feed, but aren't available in Brazilian feed and vice versa. I wonder if Beanstalk Bunny is available in the Montserrat island feed.
Blob55
2021-07-27T17:07:33Z
Originally Posted by: fulano7 

Well, nobody knows for sure, but probably not.

These are the shorts present in the Brazilian feed of HBO Max, that are not present in North American HBO Max AND have never been released restored in HD through physical media:

44. Baton Bunny - new HD transfer removed from NA HBO Max, previously restored in SD
156. Bushy Hare - new to HD streaming, Super Stars transfer
172. The Cat's Bah - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Super Stars transfer available on Amazon Video
178. Catty Cornered - new HD transfer, previously restored in SD
359. Golden Yeggs - new HD transfer, previously restored in SD
362. Gonzales' Tamales - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Golden Collection transfer available on iTunes
363. Goo Goo Goliath - new to HD streaming, Golden Collection transfer
411. Heaven Scent - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Super Stars transfer available on Amazon Video
429. His Bitter Half - new HD restored transfer
500. Jumpin' Jupiter - new to HD streaming, Golden Collection transfer
525. Little Beau Pepe - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Super Stars transfer available on Amazon Video
612. Of Rice and Hen - new HD restored transfer, available on iTunes
630. Past Perfumance - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Super Stars transfer available on Amazon Video
716. Punch Trunk - new HD restored transfer
836. Stooge For A Mouse - new HD restored transfer
838. Stork Naked - new to HD streaming, Super Stars transfer cropped on DVD
849. The Super Snooper - new to HD streaming, Golden Collection transfer
880. Tortilla Flaps - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Golden Collection transfer available on iTunes
961. Wild Over You - not present in NA HBO Max, HD Super Stars transfer available on Amazon Video

Do you know anyone who has these to download?
Kristjan
2021-07-31T01:30:49Z

You got to wonder what is up with those numbers from the streaming service since nether appear to be in chronological original release order production order.
fulano7
2021-07-31T18:42:56Z

Please check your PMs 🙂
CladMcClaw
2021-07-31T19:07:04Z

Please check your PMs =)

Also curious about this please and thank you....😁
DawnShadow
2021-08-31T23:57:46Z
Originally Posted by: MichaelR 

There's some good news for fans of the Warner Archive Collection.

George Feltenstein has returned to Warner as a full-time employee, where he has once again assumed control of WAC, including its Blu-ray releases. We can expect those releases to continue for the foreseeable future.

Anticipating the likely (and reasonable) question about the reliability of this information, I will add that it comes directly from Mr. Feltenstein, with whom I spoke this afternoon.

Leviathan
2021-09-01T15:44:27Z
This indicates that

A) firing George and gutting the WAC was one of AT&T's rash, hasty, pennywise-pound foolish decisions, and not something WB truly deliberated on.

B) Streaming isn't the infinite goldmine that the megacorps were led to believe it was and there's still a place for "traditional" revenue streams like physical media.

Anyway, that's real good news.
Lee B
2021-09-02T21:24:22Z
Rumors bouncing around now that Tex Avery Vol 3 is coming on October 6th. They seem to think so over at the Blu Ray forum, and Amazon has the pre-order page up. We'll seee....
Leviathan
2021-09-02T22:49:19Z
Last time Jerry said anything about it, V3 was shut down mid-production, with work only partially completed.
nickramer
2021-09-03T02:18:20Z
Ian L.
2021-11-23T21:49:12Z
Soooo... it's been, what, a year since the last time HBO Max added classic Looney Tunes to the service, right? Are there any plans for more anytime soon, or are they just focusing on new content instead (e.g. Looney Tunes Cartoons)?