nickramer
2021-08-27T19:51:43Z
I should mention that Jerry gets a shoutout on Tuesday's episode (where they mention "50 Greatest Cartoons").
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-08-30T02:20:15Z
Some overdue housekeeping (apologies for not doing these reports with the same sense of urgency I used to)

Tuesday August 17 -

Mouse-Taken Identity cuts out the brief gag of Sylvester dressed as a Native American chasing Hippety Hopper and vice versa. The punchline of Sylvester getting scalped is retained, however.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Saturday August 21 -

Swing Ding Amigo restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Monday August 23 -

Blackboard Jumble airs with the finger painting scene edited out again. Though this time they removed the setup to the scene as well, unlike when it aired months ago where they left the setup in but removed the following painting antics.
UserPostedImage

Saturday August 28 (yesterday morning) -

Picador Porky restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

In other news, September marks the beginning of something called "Fan-Tastic Fridays" which seems like an ongoing event where they highlight stuff submitted to them by fans (artwork and pictures and such). According to episode descriptions on the MeTV website schedule, they will also air cartoons suggested by fans, which is likely why they've been asking on their social media pages if there were any unaired cartoons we'd like to see.
UserPostedImage
nickramer
2021-08-30T14:29:25Z
Originally Posted by: MTGM 

Some overdue housekeeping (apologies for not doing these reports with the same sense of urgency I used to)

Tuesday August 17 -

Mouse-Taken Identity cuts out the brief gag of Sylvester dressed as a Native American chasing Hippety Hopper and vice versa. The punchline of Sylvester getting scalped is retained, however.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

I'm not even sure if that print was even restored. It seemed to look dark at some spots.
RareSox
2021-08-30T15:49:34Z
This Fan-Tastic Friday's event.

There's going to be someone in the crowd that's gonna suggest MeTV to show The Mouse Comes to Dinner in it's entirety at some point. Not calling out any names though, but if they resort to the turner prints, there's gonna be a riot in some form or another. After all, there was still a small frame they left in of Mammy Two-Shoes, would it have killed them to use the redubbed soundtrack?

I think I might've gotten carried away here.
Lee B
2021-08-31T20:28:54Z
I noticed in today's run of "Hurdy Gurdy Hare" there was a fairly obvious blur effect added to the close shot of the classified ads Bugs is reading at the beginning of the cartoon. I'm guessing they did it to obscure the (admittedly tiny) ads that specifically mentioned "white" applicants in the ads.

If they hadn't blurred most of the newspaper, I would never have even assumed there was anything to see in the paper in the first place. I know this short has already aired on MeTV before...does anyone remember if that shot was blurred in their previous airings?

Here's a screen grab of the original from HBO Max...I put arrows to show what I'm guessing were the reason MeTV added the blur.

UserPostedImage 
2021-09-07T13:08:45Z
I hope Red-Headed Baby in Restored.
2021-09-17T21:32:06Z
Does anyone have good copies to share of the two Bugs Bunny cartoons:

"Horse Hare" and "Which is Witch"

Please post here, reply here, or email me at tomlooneytunes@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

That's All Folks!
Tom
Roxen Trail
2021-09-17T22:08:09Z
Originally Posted by: tomlooneytunes 

Does anyone have good copies to share of the two Bugs Bunny cartoons:

"Horse Hare" and "Which is Witch"

Please post here, reply here, or email me at tomlooneytunes@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

That's All Folks!
Tom

Don't really have the copies, but I do recall seeing a good quality copy of "Horse Hare" somewhere! On the other hand...

"Which Is Witch" is a disgusting short and deserves to be in the "Censored 11" set as a bonus feature. Sorry, I haven't seen that short in high quality anywhere.
Roxen Trail
2021-09-17T22:09:57Z
Originally Posted by: manuellobatohumanes 

It might be! However, it will need to be censored due to a brief blackface gag.
RareSox
2021-09-17T22:45:59Z
Originally Posted by: Roxen Trail 

Originally Posted by: manuellobatohumanes 

It might be! However, it will need to be censored due to a brief blackface gag.

As for Wholly Smoke on MeTV...

"Go away."
2021-09-17T22:53:48Z
Good to hear that someone has seen "Horse Hare", now I hope we can find someone who has it.
Leviathan
2021-09-17T23:08:18Z
Originally Posted by: Lee B 

I noticed in today's run of "Hurdy Gurdy Hare" there was a fairly obvious blur effect added to the close shot of the classified ads Bugs is reading at the beginning of the cartoon. I'm guessing they did it to obscure the (admittedly tiny) ads that specifically mentioned "white" applicants in the ads.

If they hadn't blurred most of the newspaper, I would never have even assumed there was anything to see in the paper in the first place. I know this short has already aired on MeTV before...does anyone remember if that shot was blurred in their previous airings?

Here's a screen grab of the original from HBO Max...I put arrows to show what I'm guessing were the reason MeTV added the blur.

UserPostedImage 

HD makes little details like that more noticeable than they would be on videotape transfers broadcast on CRT TVs. That's probably why.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-09-18T21:02:38Z
Originally Posted by: Lee B 

UserPostedImage 

I checked my recording of the May 15th broadcast and it looks like the newspaper was unaltered when they aired it then.
UserPostedImage
SimasTube19
2021-09-25T15:03:52Z
i was able to also record MeTV+ (chicago) in 1080p with my new DVR (works great) however because locast shut down ive lost access to it. hope to regain access to that channel sometime
S. C. MacPeter
2021-09-25T18:02:12Z
Speaking of MeTV+, it’s expanding into almost every major market come Monday, according to RabbitEars
Leviathan
2021-09-25T18:26:00Z
Wow, that was fast. My city is included in that.

MeTV+ runs the cartoons in a prime Sunday Night slot, so I wonder what the ratings will be now that it'll be airing in more places.
SimasTube19
2021-09-26T17:11:25Z
i rilly hope it comes into buffalo, cause thats the closest US city i live near.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-09-26T23:18:47Z
Originally Posted by: SimasTube19 

i rilly hope it comes into buffalo, cause thats the closest US city i live near.

It's expanding to NYC, you should be getting it then
SimasTube19
2021-09-27T02:20:11Z
Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

Originally Posted by: SimasTube19 

It's expanding to NYC, you should be getting it then

nyc is further south from buffalo so i dont think il be getting that
PopKorn Kat
2021-09-27T05:50:51Z
SimasTube19, you can edit your own posts, so there's no need to double-post to issue a spelling correction.