Jason Todd
2021-06-06T04:32:10Z
Is it just me, or do these recent remasters look rather grainless? The colors strike me as somewhat flat-looking…almost like the restoration team completely removed any evidence of film grain.
2021-06-06T09:12:59Z
How about The Miller's Daughter (1934) with original opening and the lost ending?
Leviathan
2021-06-07T00:19:53Z
Originally Posted by: Jason Todd 

GOOD QUESTION!

What was even the whole point of photoshop zooming out the fucking title sequences, to begin with?? What happened to *preserving*, not *altering*, film elements??

Wanting WB to restore more cartoons is a motherfucking monkey's paw. Almost all of their restorations will have something wrong with them, even if they have to invent issues out of thin air.
RareSox
2021-06-08T02:51:02Z
Why not just insert a dose of DVNR? Just a good ol' Tex Avery Volume 2 treatment.
nickramer
2021-06-09T14:38:19Z
Originally Posted by: RareSox 

Why not just insert a dose of DVNR? Just a good ol' Tex Avery Volume 2 treatment.

I don't even find that sarcastic comment even remotely funny.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-06-09T15:50:57Z
Go Away Stowaway airs tomorrow, as shown in today's previews.

Two Seven Arts Daffy and Speedys this week, a bad omen, watch out fellow cartoon lovers, I fear your safety
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-06-10T12:16:14Z
Go Away Stowaway restored screenshots
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
RareSox
2021-06-11T18:51:18Z
They might as well restore and air 1969's Injuin Trouble for whatever reason other than, "Hey, we need to fill space" or something like that.
nickramer
2021-06-11T19:38:18Z
I'm pretty sure that is still off-limits.
2021-06-12T17:40:44Z
If they are looking for something to show, personally, I am not so much into "Ingin Trouble", but I would love to see good quality versions of:

"Horse Hare" - Bugs and Yosemite Sam
"Tom Tom Tomcat" - Tweety and Sylvester

If anyone knows where to get good copies of those two shorts, please message me or post here.

Happy watching!
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-06-12T17:56:00Z
Another Pink Panther cartoon with a laugh track playing over it has turned up during one of those 'Quick Clips' segments.
UserPostedImage
Other than that, British voice Bluto in Customers Wanted still confuses/amuses me.
UserPostedImage

All the slave scenes in The Goose Goes South were removed.
UserPostedImage
The entire teapot gag flashback in Jerry's Diary was removed, unlike back in January when it aired uncut,
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Skyscraper Caper restored screenshots.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
A Street Cat Named Sylvester aired with an HD upgrade.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage