StickerBoy
2021-04-10T14:05:10Z
Unfortunately, folks, "Lucky Ducky" and "Droopy's Good Deed" aired with their unrestored Turner TV prints. Luckily, the short "Rock-a-Bye Bear" aired restored, complete with original MGM titles, and I think the colors in this are pretty decent.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Plus, on the Bugs Bunny and Friends block, they aired Freeze Frame with the opening sequence and closing credits from Bugs Bunny's Looney Christmas Tales. Also, some screenshots of the restored print of "Speedy Ghost to Town," a so-so short directed by Lantz alum Alex Lovy.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My apologies if a few of these screenshots aren't in the best quality since I took these screenshots from the Spectrum TV app on my phone.
Thad Komorowski
2021-04-10T14:51:02Z
Color was OK on Rock-a-Bye Bear, but the DNR was pretty terrible. It's hard to accept this on one of the funniest cartoons ever made, or listen to the "But I didn't notice it!" defenses when Spike's constantly running and his limbs obliterate.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-04-10T14:52:01Z
A Language All My Own finally aired. Nothing special about this cartoon in particular (unless you count Mae Questel singing in Japanese) other than the fact that MeTV uses clips from this one in promos and the intro to Popeye & Pals.
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
Don't know if it was just my station or not but they didn't air the "we're now back to our show" bumper before Big Bad Sinbad came on. For those keeping score, this might be the first Saturday block where they didn't air any of the cartoons from the Blu-rays.

Droopy's Good Deed and Lucky Ducky were censored, for those wondering.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
More screenshots of Rock-A-Bye Bear.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Goodbye to Metrocolor.

This is probably the third (official) master of Freeze Frame I've seen, as I'm used to seeing either the old copy with the orange title card or the restored version on HBO Max.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
More screenshots of Speedy Ghost to Town.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Bradskey
2021-04-14T16:53:48Z
Jerry Beck, among others, will be participating in the Best of Bugs week on Toon In With Me:

https://www.cbr.com/best...ek-metv-toon-in-with-me/ 

S. C. MacPeter
2021-04-15T20:43:38Z
Was the "Uncle Tom" bit in Book Revue censored today?
Thad Komorowski
2021-04-16T01:02:19Z
nickramer
2021-04-16T19:41:15Z
Was it my imagination , or was "A Corny Concerto" shown with DVNR yesterday?
Thad Komorowski
2021-04-16T20:00:10Z
There is interpolation from the MeTV broadcast signal that does create DNR like effects. I thought I was seeing new DNR on masters that were fine on home video or streaming, but such was not the case.
snowpeck
2021-04-17T04:33:49Z
So this is interesting. MeTV's 5/1 airing of The Tom and Jerry Show lists "Casanova Cat."

https://www.metv.com/schedule/2021-5-1 
nickramer
2021-04-17T14:17:19Z
"Blackboard Jumble" was edited with the Confederate flag finger painting scene cut yet they keep the lead in with the wolf finding the book on finger painting. Not sure why they bothered keeping the lead-in to the troubled gag.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-04-17T14:20:15Z
This is probably the most exposure Betty has gotten on the network so far: two of her own cartoons plus Popeye's sign-off at the end of You Gotta Be a Football Hero.
UserPostedImage
Another weekend without any of the cartoons from the Blu-rays popping up.

Life With Tom got replaced by O-Solar Meow. The Confederate flag scene from Blackboard Jumble was removed.
UserPostedImage
Thad Komorowski
2021-04-17T19:03:00Z
Jesus. So are they still gonna keep The Rebel Without Claws on the schedule?
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-04-18T01:22:48Z
Hopefully they'll keep in on the schedule. They've been really adventurous with their schedule choices so far and I'm sure one of the other programs MeTV airs has an episode with a similar Civil War premise, it would be somewhat inconsistent to treat the cartoons any differently.

On a similar note, some Fleischer/Famous cartoons I'm hoping to see air eventually are Is My Palm Read (the only PD pre-code cartoon from the Betty series they have yet to air), Sock-a-Bye Baby, Can You Take It?, and Happy Birthdaze. Those last three in particular I'm waiting to see cause Boomerang and HBO Max like to ignore their existence (though in the case of Happy Birthdaze it's kinda obvious why they do so). Maybe they'll even air an edited version of Spinach vs Hamburgers down the line.
Thad Komorowski
2021-04-18T17:49:33Z
Having just looked at the Tweety cartoon, the Confederate flag doesn't actually show up anywhere in it, so without the North American swastika, it may be OK to air. (It should be noted that CN used to cut the Confederate flag in Southern Fried Rabbit some 20 years ago, so it's nothing new.) Now how about the cussin' in it?
Gnik_LJN
2021-04-18T21:48:41Z
Lemme guess. That Turner print that only showed up on the UK DVD.
fulano7
2021-04-18T22:00:02Z
Originally Posted by: Gnik_LJN 

Possibly. A restored transfer exists, though. It was made for the aborted TJGC v2.
With such an "adventurous" schedule, what prevents them from releasing these same un-PC cartoons on disc? Is that Warner employee from the legal department still forbidding the releases?
I always come to TTTP in Exile in the hope of finding news about Warner announcing Tex Avery Collection.
MTGM
  • MTGM
  • Advanced Member
2021-04-19T12:38:22Z
Golden Yeggs aired with an HD upgrade today. Low-pitched audio and Photoshopped titles are present.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
S. C. MacPeter
2021-04-19T16:42:00Z
MeTV gets even more adventurous with adding A Lad in his Lamp on the schedule (5/8)! I hope it'll air restored, interestingly if you believe that weird search thing I did then it's been suggested it'll be added to HBO Max eventually, so we'll see soon.
Mesterius
2021-04-19T20:48:46Z
Originally Posted by: Gnik_LJN 

And parallell DVD editions all over Europe. "Mouse Cleaning" and "Casanova Cat" have been easily available on DVD in many countries.
raginggoodfella
2021-04-21T00:08:54Z
In today’s Road Runner cartoon, WHOA BE GONE, did the sound effects seem slightly out of sync with the action on screen? Or is just my imagination?