44 new WB restorations- Page 8 - Forum.
Mesterius
2021-01-26T23:56:20Z
Originally Posted by: S. C. MacPeter 

Originally Posted by: nickramer 

Just to be clear: "Beanstalk Bunny" is not on the service yet because the print that Warners had was damaged and was taking longer to restore (which they just finished). It was NOT because of the smoking scene.

Javit

Where does the information that they have restored Beanstalk Bunny come from to begin with? Did Jerry Beck say it on Stu's Show or something?
Cool_Cat
2021-01-27T00:20:42Z
For now Beanstalk Bunny was the only Looney Tunes short aired with an old master on MeTV.

Daffy’s Diner and Moby Duck look really good with the new HD masters, but they really de grained them too much. I can see the cel shadow on the characters, it feels like I’m looking directly at the cels.

I’m pretty sure not a single Mexican is offended by Speedy, except someone who works for HBO Max...
nickramer
2021-01-27T02:36:58Z
Originally Posted by: Mesterius 

Where does the information that they have restored Beanstalk Bunny come from to begin with? Did Jerry Beck say it on Stu's Show or something?

It was an email I got back from Jerry after I asked him about the short not being in the boxset.
Mesterius
2021-01-27T03:26:17Z

It was an email I got back from Jerry after I asked him about the short not being in the boxset.

Ahh, right. Then I wonder if they're still working on it, considering MeTV aired on older master.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-27T16:10:13Z

Ahh, right. Then I wonder if they're still working on it, considering MeTV aired on older master.

MeTV musta not gotten the copy in time for airing. Makes me think it got delayed, and MeTV intended to air it
Mesterius
2021-01-27T19:17:30Z

MeTV musta not gotten the copy in time for airing. Makes me think it got delayed, and MeTV intended to air it

I have to say, that sounds like pure speculation. 😛 MeTV has aired plenty of MGM cartoons in old SD masters already.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-27T20:30:37Z

I have to say, that sounds like pure speculation. 😛 MeTV has aired plenty of MGM cartoons in old SD masters already.

Well it is, and with old masters, I think he meant the WB cartoons. Something must be up if only 1 WB cartoon (one being worked on mind you) aired with an old print
S. C. MacPeter
2021-01-27T21:05:27Z
Just noticed a MeTV quiz has Peck up your Troubles as an image (raw scan?), I wonder if their working on restoring it. It does mean most likely it is the MeTV package Peck up your troubles

Quiz in question: https://www.metv.com/qui...iFsM5i0o0ATr0jVh9Wzc4IZE 
tashlinfan44
2021-01-27T21:16:18Z

Just noticed a MeTV quiz has Peck up your Troubles as an image (raw scan?), I wonder if their working on restoring it. It does mean most likely it is the MeTV package Peck up your troubles

Quiz in question: https://www.metv.com/qui...iFsM5i0o0ATr0jVh9Wzc4IZE 

That is most definitely not a restored print. It looks like the Turner print from the 90s.

https://ibb.co/8dPJ7VP 

A raw scan of a print would not look that bad. WB would have better material to work from. Also, just because a photo appears on a quiz created for kids online does not mean it is in "the MeTV package".
S. C. MacPeter
2021-02-04T17:31:28Z
I checked 1949, which seems to be an overlooked year so far on HBO Max, only adding one new HD restoration (a redo of Bad Ol' Putty Kat). There is a gap of 6 cartoons, and 7 cartoons that year are currently not in HD, they are:
Holiday for Drumsticks
Awful Orphan (Has a new HD print via Toon in with Me)
The Bee-Deviled Bruin
Henhouse Henery
Dough for the Do-Do
Frigid Hare
Which is Witch

My guess is except for the one on the bottom, all of these should end up on HBO Max eventually, which would be cool. Keep in mind what I'm saying has not been proven yet to be true but is highly likely
tashlinfan44
2021-02-04T17:49:05Z

I checked 1949, which seems to be an overlooked year so far on HBO Max, only adding one new HD restoration (a redo of Bad Ol' Putty Kat). There is a gap of 6 cartoons, and 7 cartoons that year are currently not in HD, they are:
Holiday for Drumsticks
Awful Orphan (Has a new HD print via Toon in with Me)
The Bee-Deviled Bruin
Henhouse Henery
Dough for the Do-Do
Frigid Hare
Which is Witch

My guess is except for the one on the bottom, all of these should end up on HBO Max eventually, which would be cool. Keep in mind what I'm saying has not been proven yet to be true but is highly likely

In an email, Jerry Beck told me that although WB is restoring and preserving their entire library, not all the Warner cartoons will appear on MAX. In fact, his exact wording was that "Many of them will NOT" be on MAX. So although I could see some of these popping up, I doubt ALL of them will show.

(By the way, you note that these all showing up is a "highly likely" possibility. Why do you say this? Do you have proof that your predictions have proven true in the past?)
S. C. MacPeter
2021-02-04T18:10:07Z
You're a hard man McGee

There is a gap between 19-26, 7 spots in total, Episode 26 being one of the new restorations. I listed 7 cartoons not currently in HD (technically one is but is one of the new restorations). Since Which is Witch is pretty much a banned cartoon, I imagine Episode 20 will be a previously restored cartoon
S. C. MacPeter
2021-02-18T19:02:42Z
2 new things worth of note:

1. Frigid Hare in HD! I had noticed Apple TV listed Frigid Hare (weirdly, AppleTV has an almost identical layout to HBO Max's presentation of the shorts but with cartoons in spots where they are gaps on Max, a connection? possibly). This Looney Tuesday video has Frigid Hare in HD https://youtu.be/idFKcuZ0CBU 

2. The removed Baton Bunny HD upgrade has been spotted on another Looney Tuesday video, but unlike on Max, the pitch is correct. Now I'm curious why it was removed off Max. https://youtu.be/3gq31Q3XttI 
S. C. MacPeter
2021-02-25T05:16:13Z
...Very interesting thing popped up for me about 90 minutes ago

I searched up the foxy duckling on HBO Max for giggles and suddenly.. this happened. If I go further it disappears, but it got me a little excited
UserPostedImage

...Then 11 more of these popped up (The Good Egg, The Eager Beaver, Nutty News shown but I'll list more)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My assumption for why this happens in this: HBO Max has these cartoons in their system for a future batch, so fractions of them show up in the search bar beforehand.

Anyways here's a full list of what I've found so far (written by Derek S., whom helped me keep check of this): please let me know if any other cartoons appear for others
The Foxy Duckling ("The foxy duckl")
The Eager Beaver ("The Eag")
The Good Egg ("The Good E")
Frigid Hare ("Frig")
A Lad In His Lamp ("A Lad In")
Who's Who In The Zoo ("Who's Who In")
Dog Tales ("Dog Ta")
A Mouse Divided ("A Mouse D")
The Henpecked Duck ("The Henp")
The Sheepish Wolf ("The sheepish")
We, The Animals, Squeak! ("We, the anima")
Nutty News ("Nutty Ne")
FoxInAFix
2021-02-25T14:25:10Z
It looks like Nuts and Volts, the only Speedy Gonzales cartoon on the streaming service, has recently been removed from HBO Max
fulano7
2021-02-27T17:56:37Z
Back in January 2020, all we knew was that there were ~15 new Bugs Bunny restorations, but at the end of 2020 we got 176 all-new restorations, not even counting HD upgrades. That's equivalent to 3 Golden Collections. All within 1 year. I'm preety excited, and eager for the 5th batch. We'll probably get a long overdue restored "Beanstalk Bunny" among other gems.

The uncropped version of "Stork Naked" aired today on MeTV. That's the last remaining cropped short of the Super Stars DVDs yet to be released uncropped in streaming platforms. We can expect this short to be on 5th batch, too.
I always come to TTTP in Exile in the hope of finding news about Warner announcing Tex Avery Collection.
S. C. MacPeter
2021-03-16T03:26:18Z
An itunes collection has updated some of it's LT offerings (Globetrotting Looney Tunes to be exact), including the Frigid Hare, Baton Bunny, & Big House Bunny to their new HD transfers, but also Dough for the DoDo making it's HD debut! Sadly, Mouse Mazurka and The Timid Toreador are still unrestored in the package. UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Gilition
2021-03-17T16:21:51Z

An itunes collection has updated some of it's LT offerings (Globetrotting Looney Tunes to be exact), including the Frigid Hare, Baton Bunny, & Big House Bunny to their new HD transfers, but also Dough for the DoDo making it's HD debut! Sadly, Mouse Mazurka and The Timid Toreador are still unrestored in the package. UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Do you know if this applies to other services like Amazon?
S. C. MacPeter
2021-03-17T23:07:25Z
I've asked, while I can't confirm 100%, my confidence is over the 90% because some other people told me such