Disney Treasures disc won't play - Forum.
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark The Shark  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:17:02 AM(UTC)
Mark The Shark

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Not long ago I pulled out the Disney Treasures set "Mickey Mouse In Living Color Volume 2" after not having watched it in years. The first disc will not play on two different DVD players. It says "disc error." Other sets of the same vintage are fine, as is the second disc. I don't remember when I last played it, but whenever that was, it was fine.

Anyone else have this happen?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:18:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PopKorn Kat  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:55:41 AM(UTC)
PopKorn Kat

Groups: Registered, Researcher, Administrators, Moderator, Beta Tester
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 229 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mark The Shark Go to Quoted Post
Not long ago I pulled out the Disney Treasures set "Mickey Mouse In Living Color Volume 2" after not having watched it in years. The first disc will not play on two different DVD players. It says "disc error." Other sets of the same vintage are fine, as is the second disc. I don't remember when I last played it, but whenever that was, it was fine.

Not me; mine is fine.

Your disc is probably damaged beyond readability. Sorry.
WaltWiz1901  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:56:39 AM(UTC)
WaltWiz1901

Man
United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mark The Shark Go to Quoted Post

It hasn't happened to me with this volume, but it did happen on the second disc of my copy of the first volume. I will never forget how much of a struggle it was to get a replacement for it!
Bradskey  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:27:35 AM(UTC)
Bradskey

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Welcome to DVD rot. Although I've not heard of it being such a problem with Disney. Warner Brothers had a lot of animated releases, mostly TV stuff, from the 2006-2008 era, as well as feature films, that have been failing in high numbers in the past few years. Some old Fox releases were affected also. It had to do with the replication vendor they used at that time. Although WB has at least been pretty good at providing replacements. There's a whole thread about it at HTF.

At the end of the day though DVD did not have the longevity built into it that Blu-ray (supposedly) has. If I ever get around to digging out my copy I'll try to test it. I keep digital copies of everything for this reason.